Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

If all it takes for you to regret it is people going "Oh I don't like Inafune" or "Kickstarter should be for indies only!", you really shouldn't have donated so fast in the first place, since you're not sure about this.

I pledged $75 dollars. I'm not even in work even though I will have the $75 dollars by the time this pledge drive ends. I believed this was a sure thing when I made the pledge but people are still throwing up arguments against it and its making me suspicious. Like others said, I'll be watching this closely.

A good game is a good game. 

Who the fuck cares about the "morality" of fucking over corporate suits. Fuck Capcom, fuck the management. Megaman guy is making a Megaman game. Megaman is fun. This will probably be fun.

Any game could look promising, but then not actually be good in the end. You're in the fanbase that runs on that kind of logic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any game could look promising, but then not actually be good in the end. You're in the fanbase that runs on that kind of logic.

Are there any reasonable arguments for why this game won't deliver?

An aside note...

Fun fact: A lot of things are built off existing ideas. Hell, very little of anything is genuinely original. Much of the Disney Animated Canon is built on the public domain, and much of classic mythology is basically no different than fan fiction, not to mention the dozens of legends that have popped up across history that have been added onto by various writers, and now that material is often appropriated by modern writers, with very little irony. How often do those people get accused of being "unoriginal"?

In many ways, copyright arguably stifles creativity and cultural development, because creativity and imagination very rarely comes from a vacuum, if at all, literally everything to do with any culture is built on what has come before. Trying to accuse someone of being 'unoriginal' by giving their previous material a new coat of paint and adding fresh new ideas onto it is nothing short of stupid. What ultimately matters is the execution - if the end result is actually good, and I have no doubt it will be, in this case.

The same cannot be said for what Penders is doing. People wouldn't take so much issue with his work if he wasn't an arrogant hack who can't write nor draw for crap.
Edited by Shirou Emiya

None that I can see. Worst case scenario, it'll be a decent "Megaman but not" kinda game. Best case scenario, it'll be a stellar Megaman-styled game with enough original elements to be it's own thing. 

The worst case would still be pretty good. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anything could go wrong. I'll just wait until it gets released. 

Honestly, I am planing to back it, but 20 is my max, and its partialy cause I want to enter in the enemy design contest(though, my may be a model, perhaps with a sketch render, as I cant draw), but waiting out cause kinda reluctant unless there is a wii-u release confirmed, as I need more games for my wii-u, not my PC

I can already predict the reviews

"ITS TOO HARD"

"FRUSTRATING!!!"

"LACK OF CHECKPOINT SYSTEM"

"NOT ENOUGH LIVES!!"
"WHY IS THE HEALTH METER SO LOW"

"TOO DIFFICULT"

yeah...

I highly doubt this game will be anywhere near bad. It's the Megaman formula, it would be very difficult to mess it up.

• Thumbs Up 3

A MegaMan esque game by Keji Inafune? Made by developers of the series? Is a huge fuck you to Capcom? Yes, this gets all of my approval. MegaMan is one of my favorite game series of all time and I am very excited to see how this goes. Capcom of Japan just doesn't seem to care anymore and I hope that this causes them to get off their lazy asses and actually MAKE a MegaMan game in response. So not only would we get this , we would get a MegaMan game as well so its a win-win.

Now the question is: Do I want the plushie or do I NOT want the plushie :3

Anything could go wrong.

So... basically, no? I can sort of understand where you're coming from, what with inconsistencies with Kickstarter, but blind pessimism is as bad as blind faith, comrade. You could say that any game "could've been bad," and it would be as true for the greats as it is for the shovelware. We've got the creator of Mega Man, a good team, a fairly good budget, with the intent to make a successor to Mega Man, one of the most beloved franchises in gaming. I'd say the odds are in their favor, personally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man...They've gathered more than 500.000 $ in less than 24 hours, that's insane! I think it's a safe bet they'll get 2,5 million for console versions, no sweat.

minichart.png

Could this be added to the first post? It doesn't update super quickly but it should be alright.

I'll be backing this up later myself (after I buy a few other things).

Could this be added to the first post? It doesn't update super quickly but it should be alright.

Sure, I'll add it to the first post!

As for the whole 'is it gonna be bad' thing, I have utmost faith in Inafune and the team he has created to make a solid game.

minichart.png

64% reached in ONE day...that's impressive.

Wow! Over $600,000 in one day? blink.png  That's amazing! At this rate, the game's guaranteed to meet the deadline and maybe even make the stretch goal for console releases!

I'm happy and worried for this game, just because it looks similar to Mega Man. It would be a nice alternative to no Mega Man games but Capcom could sue Inafune for this project should they choose. The sad thing is that if they did all the people donating would have their cash be gone for a waste (not sure if that's how Kickstarters work or not)

I hope this pulls through but I don't want to get my hopes up that much.

They can't touch him if he's not violating any copyrights. Mega Man is a copyrighted franchise. Mighty no.9 isn't.

The worst case scenario is that Capcom finds out the gameplay engine and copyrights/patents/whatever it before Inafune can. 

Although I imagine Inafune has already taken care of this.

Edited by Solkia