Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

21 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Funny you mention those guys, since backers may actually be mobilizing to sue Compcept

and for good reason too!

Backers for the most part have not gotten their physical rewards, yes that includes actual "physical" copies of games.

Now it's gotten to the point where Fangamer, the guys supposedly in charge of distributing the rewards have gotten fed up with Comcept and revealed this tidbit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331625

Yup, turns out, that Comcept are the ones responsible for supplying Fangamer with the items to be distributed, but still to this day, as far as it's known, they've skimped out and have not yet even responded on the matter of the deal.

Y'know, at first I thought calling this whole ordeal a scam was overdoing it, but nope, not anymore! People still aren't getting what was promised to them and what they paid for!

Disgusting, this has truly become!

Like seriously, just how low can this whole campaign and game go?

At this point, Fangamer has every right to throw them under the bus. The game was released 6 fucking months ago. Inafune nor his company will never, ever get so much as a nickel from me ever again. He said all this nonstop crap about the Japanese gaming industry and now look who's in trouble?

• Thumbs Up 5

"It's better than nothing"~ they said. 

At this point I think people would have preferred nothing, at least then they wouldn't have wasted their money.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, SweeCrue said:

"It's better than nothing"~ they said. 

At this point I think people would have preferred nothing, at least then they wouldn't have wasted their money.

Yup,  and at this point,  many backers who got paid,  still got nothing in return. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I was looking up the stuff behind Mighty No. 9, and found this video:

And this was my response to all of it:

"...Goddamn. I had heard this whole thing was a trainwreck secondhand, but hearing the exact facts behind it... This isn't just a trainwreck. It's a trainwreck screaming off a cliff, crashing into a low flying airplane that spirals out of control and smashes into a fishing boat in the most populated area in the world, the crash causing a mini-tsunami that results in hundreds of homeless people, and causing an explosion due to the mini tidal wave hitting a nearby power plant."

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Yup,  and at this point,  many backers who got paid,  still got nothing in return. 

What are you talking about? We got a craptastic game series and a man who won't come up with his own original concept anymore so he's resorted to constantly ripping off Mega Man's franchises (And no, Inafune did not create Mega Man, so he is not the person who owns him even if Capcom got rid of the IP). 

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

What are you talking about? We got a craptastic game series and a man who won't come up with his own original concept anymore so he's resorted to constantly ripping off Mega Man's franchises (And no, Inafune did not create Mega Man, so he is not the person who owns him even if Capcom got rid of the IP). 

Sooo, officially, "worse than nothing" it appears.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I got the game during Steam sale and planning to play when I get time to, so I can't talk much about the quality of the game yet. 

But I totally agree on Inafune not owning Megaman. He may be a (temporary) adoptive guardian of Megaman, but he's not the creator or the owner of him. From the interviews it seem AK had a different plan for Megaman in background and story but Inafune decided to make it more simple, happy and easy. While he can be credited for making the series popular that way (especially since Kitamura's games seem to never be successful), and I see why he keeps trying to create another Megaman since that's the most success he had, I do feel irritated for his obsession and some of the things he did for the series. 

Just now, KoDaiko said:

I got the game during Steam sale and planning to play when I get time to, so I can't talk much about the quality of the game yet. 

But I totally agree on Inafune not owning Megaman. He may be a (temporary) adoptive guardian of Megaman, but he's not the creator or the owner of him. From the interviews it seem AK had a different plan for Megaman in background and story but Inafune decided to make it more simple, happy and easy. While he can be credited for making the series popular that way (especially since Kitamura's games seem to never be successful), and I see why he keeps trying to create another Megaman since that's the most success he had, I do feel irritated for his obsession and some of the things he did for the series. 

Honestly, I think the definitive direction to take Mega Man was Archie's version. Have an anime inspired artstyle, but have the story actually be serious, and dive into some deep topics, like the whole ethics behind having robots with free will, the illusion of free will, and forced to follow their own programming. That was really interesting, and the characters, personalities, thought process, and everything was spot on there.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am most familiar with Classic, then Battle Network, then a little X series, so after playing MN9 I am not interested in RedAsh or any other title Inafune is creating. I guess that's a good thing? 

I don't want to make this too off-topic, but on the topic of Archie's version I cannot resist:

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Honestly, I think the definitive direction to take Mega Man was Archie's version. Have an anime inspired artstyle, but have the story actually be serious, and dive into some deep topics, like the whole ethics behind having robots with free will, the illusion of free will, and forced to follow their own programming. That was really interesting, and the characters, personalities, thought process, and everything was spot on there.

Their artstyle was pretty much imitating the official Megaman art, so I can't say much there. The comic was pretty good and I think it would be the best western adaption of the game. Why didn't CAPCOM make a cartoon of this? *looks at Man of Action*

Some of the inconsistency made me confused though because in one place the robots are portrayed as having enough will, then in other times emphasized that they "don't have free will"; it was confusing to me why they chose "not having free will" as in 'having a will and understand/comprehend the restrictions that prevent them from doing it what they want to' rather than just having limited AI that takes away their capacity/ability to think certain things. I am sure it's not "lacking free will" when robots think "oh, I want to hit you but the law say I am not supposed to hit humans. Wait! I figured a loophole!". Or the whole "Wily's robots are good gentle guys and are disloyal to him and doesn't want to fight" but they "need to" fight because "they don't have free will", Auto shown emotions and complex thought, but later on say it's too complex for him, or the whole Quickman not wanting to be modified and everyone being emotional over his deactivation and Megaman refusing to listen to his reasoning even though he understands the feel of being modified against his will when later Gutsman and Concreteman casually talk about being in a museum after being deactivated. Also Xander Payne's ruined potential. 

Also Protoman; while I knew the western version was more closer to RS (Though I was surprised to hear the MM: RM Field Guide used the more Game/Japanese version of Protoman's story), I couldn't like the whole angst and drama around him. I don't know how to explain. I know he's the ever popular, only interesting and ambiguous character with potential for it, but the comic focused too much on how "melodramatic man" was holding a childish grudge/jealousy and taking it out on everything. Not saying it's bad, and I'm most likely exaggerating it; they did it well enough, people loved it, but him thinking he doesn't "deserve" to be Light's son and need to earn his original name back? It's hard to believe this is supposed to be him from the games or even the version of him in World Collide.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I think something like the megamix manga's would be a pretty good place to start at too honestly, they are pretty lighthearted for the most part but it has quite a few spots where morality is called into question and some pretty serious moments in the final volumes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

So in addition to still not delivering physical rewards and games to stretch goal backers, MN9 is still getting delays handheld wise!

I don't know whether to feel sad for the people hoping for it or happy that they don't have to get involved in the crap shoot that is this game.

Half of me says "after all this time it could still be the best version," and the other half says "does anyone even still want to buy it?"

• 1 month later...

So, in case you haven't heard the news well.......3eL8461.png

An update on the kickstarter that's exclusive to backers to see, has surfaced and me oh my, the contents are something to behold!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392097

It’s been a long time since our last update. This is due to some internal adjustment we had in comcept for the past few months, but now everything is back on track! We are very sorry for the long radio silence. Here is what is going with Mighty No. 9:

1. Hand Held versions They are not being cancelled, we are still in the process of porting. The porting had to be put on hold for a while due to the other versions being delayed and the recent adjustment we had in comcept. However, everything is back on track now. The developer restarted the porting process in early May, and we estimate to release them within 2017 (it could be earlier, but it’s hard to estimate a more precise date at this point). We will update on this when we have more information.

Yup, that's right, because all the console versions got delayed, the actual porting job got delayed and did jack all until May 2017. And no, they don't have an exact release date, just an estimate to be released within 2017 (not holding my breath). But Yes, they're actually talking about the 3ds and Vita versions.......that didn't take overly long at all, I'm sure.<_<

2. Rest of the physical rewards They have been manufactured (most of them), and are getting ready to be shipped out in a couple of weeks. We estimate to ship everything out (with some reaching the backers) by mid-August 2017. Again, we are very sorry for the delay. Fangamer will be sending out emails to everyone (who is waiting for rewards) to confirm the physical address before the shipping. We will update when the email is out, and if you by some reason DID NOT get the email, please contact Fangamer at orders@fangamer.com so they can verify the information.

Image result for the ride never ends

Delays, delays, delays. Place your bets on what'll actually come when they say will come. And now, for the real kicker. Some clarification on the latest bout of Level 5 taking in comcept.

3. The “New Company” This is probably the biggest piece of news. As many of you may have heard, Akihiro Hino (LEVEL-5 CEO), and Keiji Inafune (comcept CEO) will be co-founding a new company “LEVEL5 comcept”. What does this mean, you ask? It means that Akihiro Hino, and Keiji Inafune will be teaming up to make new games!!! This does not affect Mighty No. 9 in any way, but who knows, maybe in the future Beck, and your favorite LEVEL-5 characters may be tagging along in new adventures? The possibilities are limitless here.

That is all for this update. Hope we answered some of your questions/concerns with this update. We will try, and bring you the next update much sooner next time!

Mighty No. 9 team

Level-5 Comcept

This is going to be a thing now.

Even better. Since comcept still exist, they apparently retain their rights to Mighty No.9 and according to the letter, e may very well see some of the Oh so wondrous cast you've surely grown to love from that game seep into some of Level 5's franchises.

Shakingmydamnhead.gif.   

I can't believe this company gets another shot. Damn it.

• Thumbs Up 2

maybe in the future Beck, and your favorite LEVEL-5 characters may be tagging along in new adventures

ef5a3a78-4b32-49f7-9c6f-879e5b3e353c.gif

Oh please.

Let me know when that animated series comes out, too, guys.

• Thumbs Up 6

You know what? I think Inafune has successfully become the series antagonist equivalent to every MN9 backer. We thought we could defeat him, and forget about him. But just when he's down and out he came back more powerful than ever before. Get ready for more sequels guys.

Eh, I'd be fine with a sequel. Mighty Gunvolt Burst has me in the mood to see Beck & Call get another shot in their own series. I still love the character designs so I'm more than willing to give them a second chance. "2" could end up being a major improvement if they've learned a lot.

Besides, Mega Man 1 wasn't a good game, either. Though, not quite as flawed as MN9. The series didn't take off until Mega Man 2 came out as  the masterpiece that it was and still is, as the whole world knows.

8 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Besides, Mega Man 1 wasn't a good game, either.

Yeah, but it wasn't made off the backs and crushed dreams of paying fans prior to its release either was it?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Yeah, but it wasn't made off the backs and crushed dreams of paying fans prior to its release either was it?

Not to mention it was ages ago, had the game come out back then this wouldn't be an issue but its been over two decades since megaman 1 came out (with a bajillion sequels coming out right after), inafune and co have no excuses.

• Thumbs Up 1