Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Yeah, but it wasn't made off the backs and crushed dreams of paying fans prior to its release either was it?

Hey, I said it doesn't have nearly as many flaws as MN9 for a reason.

Regardless, my point still stands as does my stance on a possible better sequel. Everyone deserves a second chance.

1 hour ago, MegasonicZX said:

Not to mention it was ages ago, had the game come out back then this wouldn't be an issue but its been over two decades since megaman 1 came out (with a bajillion sequels coming out right after), inafune and co have no excuses.

Keiji Inafune's next kickstarter will be a time machine to send Mighty No. 9 back to before Mega Man was created, thus giving him the acclaim and franchise he wants and erasing his mistakes in this timeline.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/15/2017 at 7:32 PM, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Besides, Mega Man 1 wasn't a good game, either. Though, not quite as flawed as MN9. The series didn't take off until Mega Man 2 came out as  the masterpiece that it was and still is, as the whole world knows.

I don't think MM1 is anywhere close to the best classic MM game, but it was very well-received at the time unlike MN9 and it has plenty of fans.

It's possible for a sequel to this game to be decent, great even, but honestly I'm kinda wondering what's the point. The game has such a notorious reception that I think people would be more accepting of an entirely different game from Comcept than they would a follow-up.

They sure seem to like pushing Beck as a "thing" though, like Mighty Gunvolt 2. Almost like a forced meme

Why would Level 5, an extremely successful company that's put out some of the most popular game franchises of the past generation, want anything to do with Comcept, let alone integrate them into their company to such an extent? I just...what does Comcept have to offer them that they don't already have?

Puzzlement aside, I'm intrigued to see where this will lead. I'd guess Level 5 will whip Comcept into a competent company as opposed to Comcept bringing them down. This could potentially lead to great things.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sean said:

I don't think MM1 is anywhere close to the best classic MM game, but it was very well-received at the time unlike MN9 and it has plenty of fans.

It's possible for a sequel to this game to be decent, great even, but honestly I'm kinda wondering what's the point. The game has such a notorious reception that I think people would be more accepting of an entirely different game from Comcept than they would a follow-up.

They sure seem to like pushing Beck as a "thing" though, like Mighty Gunvolt 2. Almost like a forced meme

Funny you say that Mighty Gunvolt 2 has been getting great reviews and folks are going on record saying this is how Mighty No.9 should of been in the first place

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Why would Level 5, an extremely successful company that's put out some of the most popular game franchises of the past generation, want anything to do with Comcept, let alone integrate them into their company to such an extent? I just...what does Comcept have to offer them that they don't already have?

Puzzlement aside, I'm intrigued to see where this will lead. I'd guess Level 5 will whip Comcept into a competent company as opposed to Comcept bringing them down. This could potentially lead to great things.

Akihiro Hino(The president,CEO and writer/creator of all Level-5 IPs) and Inafune have been big friends since 2009 when both started work on Layton vs Ace Attorney. Inafune even said in an interview he has alot of respect for Hino. Also Comcept has actually made a game for Level-5 before:

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Funny you say that Mighty Gunvolt 2 has been getting great reviews and folks are going on record saying this is how Mighty No.9 should of been in the first place

I could believe this. Just from the trailer you can see the love, work, and direction put into it. The very same stuff absent from MN9.

The creation of Mighty Gunvolt Burst was all Inti's idea that Comcept approved (and had the contract to do after making Mighty Gunvolt). It's basically inti's way of "redeeming" MN9 and its failures by making a cheap fun game that better utilizes the characters and their potential. I'm waiting for the 3DS version, but I am glad to hear it's been well received. When inti's allowed full reign, they really do know how to make a good game.

It doesn't fix MN9 and Comcept as a whole... but (hypothetically speaking) if this was to be the last MN9-related game ever, it seems like a good game to end on.

I think it's pretty amusing but also strangely appropriate that the better Mighty No. 9 games are the gimmicky handheld minigames; produced without the expectation of being high-calibre, they strangely have more freedom, and are perhaps truer to the legacy of Mighty No. 9's influences.  I'm quite looking forward to Mighty Gunvolt Burst.

• 1 month later...

I really feel bad for everybody who backed this game. This entire thing was a joke. 

Yeah I just saw this and fuck them for this forever. I pledged enough for this but even when they got around to start shipping the physical rewards and what not I just ignored it. Because I was so fucking done with this company and game, that I don't give a damn about my other shit. I just want to distance myself from MN9 in any form.

Spoiler

Cept that new Mighty Gunvolt game. That looks like what the Kickstarter should have been.

Edit: FTR I should explain that my anger is largely about the time it took for the damn box and manual to be delivered, and less about that lame ass box and lamer box art.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

God. Freaking. Damn it.

How lazy can you be!? Seriously, this kickstarter is STILL technically going and the actual physical rewards somehow manage to exceed expectations in how awfully they're handled!

Remember this is just a box for a usb that some people paid at least $60 for (more than the actual retail game costed at launch lol). Good grief.

• Thumbs Up 2

Even more reason to actually want my five bucks back.

Mind if I tell you a story? My sister once considered getting this game as a way to start getting into Mega Man. After hearing the stories and seeing the ads, she decided against it; why should she become a new fan through this when they're treating the fans they already have like shit?

And needless to say, this is further proof that I should have never given Comcept five bucks for this; it's five bucks more than they deserve at this point in time.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

u7ZCm6I.png

My God! The ride never ends!

To be fair it does say Physical Game Box, Manual not Physical Game, Box, Manual. At no point does it actually say there's going to be a game in that box, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, lol.

Although tbh

Spoiler

BQDLyxyCQAAK0oh.jpg

It's literally this, lmao. 

• Thumbs Up 5

In complete fairness, I'm pretty sure that's how the physical box reward for the Shovel Knight Kickstarter worked as well.  ...Only that game didn't have a retail edition at the time.  And backers didn't have to wait a year for the box.  And the manual actually fitted inside.  And everyone knew all along what they were actually going to get with Shovel Knight.

I enjoyed Mighty Gunvolt Burst, though.

On 26/07/2017 at 5:24 AM, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

God. Freaking. Damn it.

How lazy can you be!? Seriously, this kickstarter is STILL technically going and the actual physical rewards somehow manage to exceed expectations in how awfully they're handled!

Remember this is just a box for a usb that some people paid at least $60 for (more than the actual retail game costed at launch lol). Good grief.

I got a better game box, a manual, an artbook, a poster, and a fucking disc, as well as DLC for like £10 at Christmas (It was on sale and I decided as a Mega Man fan to see the trainwreck for myself).

What. the. actual. fuck.

• 2 months later...

A while ago, a YouTube channel by the name of Stop Skeletons from Fighting posted two videoes on the whole saga.