Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

Many of those who know me will also know that despite being a professional FPS player in the past, I can't stand playing online and hate team games even more.

However I am happy to say Team Fortress 2 (TF2) has broken this mould.

What do you mean you don't know what TF2 is?

For those of you under a rock Team Fortress 2 is the cartoony sequal to a Half Life mod, now in the source engine, which pits two teams, the "Reliable Excavation & Demolition" (or RED team) and the Builders League United (or Blu team) against each other in a variety of the usual challenges you'll find companies batteling over, all the while shooting each others guts out. When you have selceted what type os gameplay you'll be playing from Capture the Flag (or intelligence), capturing control points, and attack/defend maps, you get to choose from one of 9 unique classes all with unique abilities, strengths, weaknesses and taunts (and some rather creepily suggestive voice acting... "I LOVE it doctor!")

I must admit when I got the Orange box for 360, this was the one game I steered clear of, as the name suggests, it's a team game, meaning on your own, you'll be bored (or screwed depending on if you choose to face another team). Get another say 3 people together, and it becomes an instant frantac FPS game to pit your skills in or simply have fun.

It has now become a staple of my saturday afternoons along with other fellow TSS and Wrecks members.

while I can't say I'd ever want to start playign it competitivly or particularly seriously, I've found it a great little time waster and distraction with mates, espically hilarious when everyone is in the same chat so you can hear both team's tactics.

The supieror PC version has since had extra maps, modes and weapons for various classes added, however since I've nto played em I can't comment.

But it'd be nice to hear other's thoughts.

On a final note...

After browsing the TF2 forums, it makes me wonder if people like to do nothing better than to moan and complain, when you can find multiple topics going for many pages on how bad one new weapon is. Makes the Sonic community seem... normal...er.

"Last one alive, lock the door."

You guys should join us on PC, we haff boxing gloves and demoman nerfs ( :( ) and level 3 dispensers and energy drinks.

Also Payload, which IMO is the best game type ever.

After browsing the TF2 forums, it makes me wonder if people like to do nothing better than to moan and complain, when you can find multiple topics going for many pages on how bad one new weapon is. Makes the Sonic community seem... normal...er.
Haha, yeah that's TF2 alright it's incredible the amount of bitching there is, (I blame the fact that furries play TF2, drama queens. :P ) I'm just happy Valve updates the game at all!

For all the bitching though, they still play it eh? This topic reminds me... I've gotten rusty... been playing Company of Heroes and Dawn of War II. TF2!!! I will come back to you!!!

(I blame the fact that furries play TF2, drama queens. :P )

That may seem evident by the sheer amount of artwork of the classes depicted as furries, but it's by no means the reason why the fanbase seems so whiny about updates - heck, I wouldn't even consider it a possibility.

While payload is an extremely fun game mode, I'm quite a fan of warpath myself. Capturing the points through teamwork and strategy seems like the Team Fortress 2 method. ;)

You guys should join us on PC, we haff boxing gloves and demoman nerfs ( :( ) and level 3 dispensers and energy drinks.

Also Payload, which IMO is the best game type ever.

I have both versions and I find the PC version much better (So much ammo reduction in the explosives department). I love the extra weapons and all the small tweeks that they have)

Although having more friends on the XBox version just makes games that little bit more fun.

(I blame the fact that furries play TF2, drama queens. :P ) I'm just happy Valve updates the game at all!

Oh Shut Up :P

Edited by BlueFox

That may seem evident by the sheer amount of artwork of the classes depicted as furries, but it's by no means the reason why the fanbase seems so whiny about updates - heck, I wouldn't even consider it a possibility.
Yes, yes, I know. people are just whiny in general, it happens in every community- to differant degrees

While payload is an extremely fun game mode, I'm quite a fan of warpath myself. Capturing the points through teamwork and strategy seems like the Team Fortress 2 method.
Arguably Payload takes just as much teamwork as CPs though, particularly if you're defending. But yeah, both are pretty awesome. Depends on the map really.

I can't stand CTF.

Although having more friends on the XBox version just makes games that little bit more fun.

Aye it does, btw if you sap my sentry one more time I'll be doing something different with my wrench and your spy. You were one heck of an annoyance.

Part of the reason we play on the slightly inferior version is half the players in our small clan don't have PCs that can run the game. We'll get those updates... eventually.

Aye it does, btw if you sap my sentry one more time I'll be doing something different with my wrench and your spy. You were one heck of an annoyance.

Can I continue sniping then?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Dustbowl and CP games like that. I like the Attack or Defend game type. For some reason I just can't be bothered with Goldrush.

Part of the reason we play on the slightly inferior version is half the players in our small clan don't have PCs that can run the game. We'll get those updates... eventually.

Valve want to give those updates to the 360 for free, but Microsoft are stopping them in some form or another. I hope the 360 version gets them eventually though.

Edited by BlueFox

I've been hooked on TF2 for a month. It's wonderful. I've got a thing for Spy, Engineer, and Heavy now. I have the Orange Box version for 360, so no cool Scout shit for meh. :(

I've gotta say, I love maps like Dustbowl and Gravel Pit. Though Granary can go die in a fire.

Ah TF2, how I neglect you sometimes. :( Which is a big shame, because it's the best FPS I've ever played, still to this day. I love some of the modded game-modes like Balloon Race. XD (Which I hope is the totally different game mode that Valve is making official, because seeing Valve making their own baloon racing courses would be superb).

But the classic modes are cool too, and I love being a demoman (nerfs and all). :3 Please please please please please can Demoman be the next to be updated XD It looks like the poor chap's going to get his last.

Can I continue sniping then?

Maybe... Maybe.

Just remember I have a personal Vendetta against Snipers ever since they were banned from Deathmatch type games in the original UT.

Valve want to give those updates to the 360 for free, but Microsoft are stopping them in some form or another. I hope the 360 version gets them eventually though.

I believe MS are basing the charge on them supplying the service to distribute the content. Basically assuming Vavle don't want any profit, the charge is there for the ability to store and distribute it (and MS profit on top).

My parents bought me the Orange Box and FallOut 3 for Christmas. While FallOut 3 felt like a let down, That orange box has kept me entertained like crazy!

And TF2 is the game that I play the most! I prefer being on the red team,(Favorite color) except when they have to defend at the payload. My best class is the pyro(MRRRRPHF! MRRRRRRRRRHF!!! >8(0) ) because I am usually on the frontlines and I try to find ways to sneak up on others from behind, possibly weakening them for my team. I also use the Demoman(for sentry destroying and trick shooting.), Engineer(When I see that my team has weak defense.) and Spy(When there's too many sentries, and when I feel like being a real dick.XD) I'll occasionally use the Heavy, Scout and Soldier. I never use the Medic or Sniper because I am not so hot with them.

My favorite stages are the Convoy, Badwater, and The Hall of Death. There's still plenty more places I haven't played at yet.

I have played against people who take the game way too seriously. They think that they are the boss of everyone, since they forget the fucking title of the game. If they are on my team, I usually leave them open for attack. Act like a jerk, be treated like a jerk. I can only recall playing against one hacker, the rest of the games were honest fun. I don't mind dying that much, especially when I use the Pyro. The voice overs are hilarious! XD

... MRRRRRRRRRRRRPHFFF MRRRRRRRRRRHFFF!!!!!! >8(0)

Edited by YoshiUnity

The Philosophy of Team Fortress 2

The scout represents youth: active and rebellious, yet weak

The soldier represents justice: resolute and firm, yet can bring unintentional harm to itself

The pyro represents anarchy: faceless and chaotic, but brings harm first to those closest to it

The demoman represents destruction: strong and harmful, yet may realize its own demise when actively opposed

The heavy represents power: concentrated and slow to spread, but the wielder is a clear and blatant target to those below it

The engineer represents technology/human creation: useful and always improving, yet its presence may result in a more stationary lifestyle

The medic represents health and life: makes one stronger and more confident in following their goals, yet its the greatest weakness of a strong person

The sniper represents death: one never knows when or where it will strike, yet it can easily be prevented if it hasn't already hit

The spy represents deception: will haunt you if you fall victim to it, yet it slowly conquers us by "sapping" our dignity

Did you come up with all of that, or is it just something on the net? It's really quite accurate. I try to not get into philosophical thoughts. I end up in a huge loop.

Also, I recently descovered that I don't mind playing as a soldier, Seing as how I can't sap turrets anymore (I asctually got warned by Urth whilst doing that :P )

Also, I recently descovered that I don't mind playing as a soldier, Seing as how I can't sap turrets anymore (I asctually got warned by Urth whilst doing that :P )

Warned with a Wrench to the face.

I told you not to touch that darned thing.

Team Fortress 2 is, in my opinon, the greatest fps ever, to bad i havent been playing it lately. I was going to start playing it again yesterday but my soundcard is broken and i dont want to play a game without sound.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard lots of great things about this game and I really want to play it. I'll have to get The Orange Box soon so I can play this and other Valve games (the only Valve game I've played ATM is Left 4 Dead, and I love it).

Epic bump for great justice.

Sneak peak at the next class update, the Sniper.

It's certainly an interesting 'weapon'...

Turns out it it was an april fools joke. The real update was the hunting rifle. ... I think.

Edited by Cat-ball Unity

Oh man, i've found that i'm a damn good Sniper if I really try. Sniper and Engineer are slowly becoming my main guys. Though i've still got my 12+ hours clocked as Spy, so it'll take a bit.

I've noticed that you can easily be a good offensive Sniper if you enjoy running and switching on and off the scope alot. being chansed by a Heavy and a Medic? Don't run, start backing up, switch to scope, blast down the Medic, then the Heavy is an easy kill. I was a real fucking nusance that day. Too bad I still can't replicate that. D:

Good offensive snipers are the ones that everyone wants. Not the weighted companion sniper, the daring front line/support sniper who help to kill the major threats before they can kill your comrades. :)

The only problem is the scope, if you want to use your Rifle, then your powerless aginst faster enimies who can race up and smack you with a bat/kukiri/wrench/gun before you line up for the Headshot. Your also insta-spy bait, so people who main the Sniper ususaly stay back to try and LIVE. Offensive Snipers need to be GOOD or else why bother?

And lemme tell ya, a Sniper is badass when he's Uber'd and knows what he's doing.

Never uber me as a sniper if you see me in a game. Just don't do it.

New update has been released with improved character custimisation and a new "head" slot, along with the new "backpack" and the ability to "delete" weapons you've unlocked. What does this all means? I have no idea.

Also of note, grenade and accessory slots have been found in the gcf. Hmm...

New update has been released with improved character custimisation and a new "head" slot, along with the new "backpack" and the ability to "delete" weapons you've unlocked. What does this all means? I have no idea.

Also of note, grenade and accessory slots have been found in the gcf. Hmm...

It bacicly means it all looks nicer in the character equipment screen. When the new equipment is shown, the hinders are in red and the helpers anre in blue. But so far, nothing in the hat section. Wonder what that's about.