Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you all like Bratwurst, and know how to Yodel, because we are going to the Medics Hometown, Rottenburg

also a new Video!

introducing new stuff, like the Ghost Trap from Ghostbusters Reanimator and a Shield wich blocks shit!

so there you have it, we have Strange Hats and Unusal weapons too now as you can see

....this better lead into Strange Maps, Unusual Classes and the like soon.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

C-C-C-COMBO BR-Wait, no. Anyway, just an update, apparently we're getting a Space/Mars Gamemode someday. Nothing confirmed, but lots of stuff were hinted and overthinking occurred. All thanks to Reddit for seeing this stuff. 

All started with the Christmas 2013 Update, this billboard got added to a few maps, which seems to hint at a new ARG like the Mann vs. Machine one or the Pyromania Update back a while ago. Quickly enough people managed to decode it. Numbers and stuff say "Drink More Jarute" (sic). That, coupled with the literal Red Herring that the Scout is holding, made people thought it's just a big mental screw-up from Valve to the community. Days passed and today Valve released this... Video thing. Dev Days something. Talks about how great the TF2 and Dota 2 community is and how they have to support it and stuff. BUT there was this part of this video:

kYdIeQu.jpg

Moonbase. In a TF2-related portion of a video. Huh? Look closely.

dfGCAPB.jpg

View from the Moon? What does this have to do with TF2 at all? Then, people noticed something. Back in the Christmas Update, they added these things to some maps. And they kind of look like some kind of space station and... Mars? This blogspot from 2012, there's a part that says "...next time we'll think big and ask you to construct a manned space shuttle to Mars or something." -August 12, 2012 - TF2 Team." Sounds crazy, right? Impossible? This is Valve. They teased Mann vs. Machine since 2010. Know when it released? 2012. They've been teasing it for two years, and no one noticed it AT ALL until the gamemode was revealed and people saw stuff that they wouldn't have noticed before.

It's Space Marines time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh exciting! I don't care a lot about MvM, it's a decent romp but the standard game is leagues better so I'm crossing my fingers for this to be something unrelated to MvM. Hopefully it's something that feels substantial and not just a ton of space hats (although we'll surely get those too) - it's pretty much certain at least one Valve map will come out of it, but I'd love another, or even just to have some community maps thrown in too. The Mannhattan/Rottenburg update was tiny and very quiet, so I like to think if we're getting an ARG then the update will be at least more exciting.

With any luck (or a lot of luck) we might even finally get the Scout and Medic Grodbort sets... !

Not to mention there have been unreleased Gordbort sets for Medic and Scout that everyone KNOWS Valve is gonna add, but have yet to see them do it.

We Mann vs Martian now!

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that this thread's been bumped, I can talk about this. A while back, Gary Schwartz, voice of the Heavy and Demoman, made a kickstarter to publish his late mentor's theater games online. He did some VA work in-character at the request of anyone who donated $50 or more. 

So now we have Heavy singing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. 

Also, DEMOMAN TAKES SKILL.

Speaking of voice acting, players here are probably also aware that the Demo, Medic, Soldier and Spy now have lines for Payload. It's now even more of a shouting match than before. 

• Thumbs Up 8

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling this moonbase, and anything that may end up happening in the game with these comics, are going to finally push me back into TF2. And godDAMN I hope these developments end up as a some type of gamemode/campaign.

I have a feeling this moonbase, and anything that may end up happening in the game with these comics, are going to finally push me back into TF2. And godDAMN I hope these developments end up as a some type of gamemode/campaign.

volvo said that this comics are completely unrelated to the game updates. 

That's obviously a lie. I mean, six-parter comic with no relevance to the actual game? Weird move.

moonbase tho

I'm almost certain that the moonbase is gonna tie into the comic.

The question hanging in the air is what the Administrator is going to do with that cache of australium, and the last major conflict surrounding australium involved sending a monkey into space.

• 1 month later...

So this was found in the Don't Starve files:

post-236059-0-15289500-1400952118.png

post-236059-0-13303100-1400952063.pngpost-236059-0-09898700-1400952087.png

For those who don't know, Don't Starve is a randomly-generated Wilderness Survival game. Check it out here.

It's possible that we will see the Pyro as a playable character in Don't Starve. He also has plenty of voice clips. He is referred to as "Wyro" in the game's files, keeping with the tradition of all player characters having a W as the first letter of their name. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday's update added...bread

tumblr_n70wccya9J1r2qkzbo1_500.jpg

and it randomly falls out of teleporters with teleported players.

Something's coming!

Check out all the changes here.

• Thumbs Up 1

They also found grenades. But not just any type, but actually they're TFC grenades! TFC vs TF2 mode coming!?

I loved it. It's so fun to see more branching out of the usual source videos. Yeah bread was part of the update, but it may as well have been it's own sidestory. 

I smiled from beginning to end.  The meet the team video and previous shorts were great but this?  THIS?  This was like seeing the comics come to life.  I never expected a character like Miss Pauline to appear outside of the comics, and Soldier was as incredible as he is in the comics just... ugh I am SO happy and I REALLY hope Valve are planning to do even more of these.

I smiled from beginning to end.  The meet the team video and previous shorts were great but this?  THIS?  This was like seeing the comics come to life.  I never expected a character like Miss Pauline to appear outside of the comics, and Soldier was as incredible as he is in the comics just... ugh I am SO happy and I REALLY hope Valve are planning to do even more of these.

Don't get your hopes up. I believe they were working on this for a long time. I remember they were talking about this since maybe 2013 or 2012? It's been in the dark for a long time though so they might have simply not working on it for months.

Don't get your hopes up. I believe they were working on this for a long time. I remember they were talking about this since maybe 2013 or 2012? It's been in the dark for a long time though so they might have simply not working on it for months.

They can take another year it's fine.

Alternatively, keeping hopes low for this scenario but it's possible they were building up a buffer to give more regular releases, and this has been done for a long time, the next one is also done or nearly done, next one is already in production... etc.  Possible but I'll get excited when it happens, not in the hope of it happening.

Wow. That was a pretty great short. It was the longest thing they've done so far and it paid off. I wonder if we'll get more.

Also does this mean Heavy's sandvich caused everything? DUN DUN DUUNNNNNNN!