Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

You probably should have read the whole page, hunter, hahaha we have a little longer to wait.

Double drops is pretty nice, I've been playing DOTA2 but I'm gonna jump on for some TF for sure.

They may seem overpowered, but taking a few things into consideration, the Engi's new shotgun makes him more combat oriented, which he'd have to build his whole strategy around. Given how this thing is most likely weak, it'd make him more a support role for hindering the opposition, and an Engi trying to mess with a Medic is risky business. The wrench is definitely interesting. The inability to move buildings and the insta tele to spawn makes it good for players that like holding a single spot for long periods. With a tele you essentially have a two way transport between spawn and your base, and makes a good last ditch escape tool.

The Pyro weapons look to do a great job of capitalising on his main strength, close quarters. The flamethrower gives Pyro both power and survivability and better chance at clear waves of enemies, something he almost never could do. The fire axe is a deadly tool for picking Medics and the Manmelter secondary rounds out the package quite neatly.

Edited by Black Spy

I haven't played this in almost three months.

That really needs to change. ):<

Edited by Velotix Festive-yule-again

AUSTRALIAN CHRISTMAS PART 2!

http://www.teamfortr...2011/part2.html

The Heavy gloves look so fun to use and positively jolly, the Spy and Scout melees look like slightly more all-round versions of previous weapons, i.e Eternal Reward/Boston Basher.

Also, turns out the Nice crates give you the new weapons, while the Naughty crates gives you..... lights.... to decorate your weapons..... they aren't holiday restriction at least...

Also a rather touching comic.

Edited by Black Spy

ONCE MY UPDATE STOPS BEING STUPID. These look like they could be fun. Still gonna love the Pyro and Engie sets as well. However, I NEED that spy icicle. Good thing I have one of each crate and $5.00 lying about.

Also, the festive weapons are also Strange. Just pointing that out.

Wow, the Spy-cicle actually sounds like an incredibly useful year-round item. I want it!

Also, the festive weapons are also Strange. Just pointing that out.

Edited by Hunter the Christmas Fan

I just realized, the Spycicle can be used to AVOID PUFFING PYRO SPYCHECKING. Yes. I like this new weapon. Also, the whole melting the weapon thing isn't so bad. A lot of people seem to forget that Spy has a revolver that is still very serviceable.

And the Spy actually has a bit more character now. Sweet. Also, was I the only one who didn't know it was Scout at the beginning of the comic?

And the Spy actually has a bit more character now. Sweet. Also, was I the only one who didn't know it was Scout at the beginning of the comic?

No. I didn't realize it was Scout until I read your post. Also didn't expect the kid to stab Santa in the neck. I thought it was Spy at first.

In other news, finally getting this update downloaded. Can't wait to use the new flamethrower

So, I uncrated a Spycicle and a Festive Wrench. Crafted Eureka #505. Also, not all Festives are Strange. Blah.

Spycicle: MOST FUN KNIFE EVER. YES people will see the ice sculpture which gives away that there is a Spy, but the freeze effect makes up for it. Immunity to fire doesn't make that much of a difference, but still useful. Pro tip: run around with the revolver. Switching to the knife STOPS BURN, so that is very good.

Eureka Effect: Very good for support Engies. Get out into battle, deploy teleport, warp back to spawn without suspicion or trouble, build entrance. Later, when you need repairs on your nest, warp back, resupply, teleport back to nest.

On moving buildings, (or the lack of), people will finally realize why Engie has a destroy tool. It's not that hard to get metal anyway.

Edited by Santamime

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump worthy News, Everyone!

The TF2 Blog Just gave a Big update of the things coming in 2012 and one of the things supposedly being, well...

If you thought the end of the world was the only thing to look forward to in 2012, guess again. There's a ton of TF2 stuff on the horizon, running for their lives just slightly ahead of the Mayan blood tornadoes.

2012_a.jpg

A Secret TF2 Project!

The TF2 team is working on something brand new for 2012. We can't tell you what it is, because they won't tell us, but what they WILL say is that it isn't a hat, it isn't a map, and go away. From this we can only conclude that the TF2 team is working on some ungodly hat-map hybrid that you can wear on your head while you run around in it. You heard it here first. Also last, because they just told us it's not that either. But it's

really cool.

2012_b.jpg

A Steam Workshop Blog!

You might think we went a little overboard putting an exclamation mark on that title, but hear us out: we bought a gross of exclamatory punctuation on eBay, and we've got to get rid of these things before someone finds out how much we spent on them. ($7,000!!!!!!) Anyway, the blog is live! Check it out here for the latest workshop news and announcements! There've been nearly 4000 user-generated items submitted so far, and we're going to keep shipping them throughout the year(!), so head over to the Workshop and vote on what you'd like to see."

2012_c.jpg

The Last "Meet the Team" Short

That title probably deserved an exclamation mark, but we over-estimated how many we had and now we're out. This year, the lovable, indecipherable Pyro finally gets some time in the spotlight. There will be blood. And not like in the movie There Will Be Blood, either, where there was only blood at the end, and not even very much of it. Ours has lots of blood pretty much all the way through. If the butterscotch mint-sucking old mummies who pick the Academy Awards thought Look Out, There Might Be a Little Blood was great, wait’ll they see how many gallons we managed to cram into our movie. They’re going to have to melt down Fort Knox to make all the Oscars we’re going to win.

2012_d.jpg

The Second Annual Saxxy Awards

Just in case the Oscar mummies don’t recognize the subtle dramatic undertones of the uninterrupted blood explosion that is Meet the Pyro, we can always stack the deck at the Saxxys, our own awards show. This year, expect the Saxxys to be much bigger and better, due to the imminent unveiling of another secret. Is it that we’re giving Meet the Pyro five Oscars? That’s not the secret, but let’s just say we’d like to thank the Academy. More specifically, we’d like to thank the Academy’s lawyers for not reading this blog post.

The Macho Man Pyro is coming!

and oh Boy, I can't wait for the Map/Hat Hybrid!

• Thumbs Up 4

I TOLD you man, Meet the Pyro is NOT happening, ESPECIALLY not at Christmas. Seriously, nobody ever listens.

EDIT: Oh wait Phantomime you idiot. You didn't make a post about that. I meant to. Basically I meant to post about that back in November. So basically I'm suspiciously denying any knowledge of Meet the Pyro.

A secret project? This sounds interesting..my curiosity has been peaked. I MUST KNOW WHAT THIS ALL MEANS!

Oh, and, I guess the "Meet the Pyro" thing is pretty cool too.

Looking forward to the Saxxy awards and Meet the Pyro. Hopefully they don't reveal too much about the character though, because the ambiguity is what I like about him.

In other news, I have more replays to share. Marvel at my ineptitude.

My first replay! It's been sitting in my replays forever so I decided I'd just upload it.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 1 month later...

This masterpiece was never posted on this thread. This has now been averted.

Edited by Velotix von Skruviktorrius
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ow! Great news! So we won't have to wait till 20xx for Meet the Pyro, we'll have it this year <3

And I knew Erectin' a River for a while now.I even had it as a ring tone :P