Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

Golly balls I can't wait to get my hands on Ricochet 2 and get this sweet promotional item.

I'm just going to say that EVERY item introduced in today's update is awesome.

Too bad said update will not download.

EDIT: WAIT JUST A GOD DAMN MINUTE. VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALVE!

Edited by Phantomime

I'm just going to say that EVERY item introduced in today's update is awesome.

Too bad said update will not download.

EDIT: WAIT JUST A GOD DAMN MINUTE. VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALVE!

Brotip: Valve doesn't update TF2 on weekends at all. They don't even update the blog, unless it's for a special occasion like part of the War Update. And they also love April Fools.

The next update should be related to the Saxxy Awards, which is just dandy, because I'm still having trouble making my best replays work. So many errors, all the time.

I've been playing this game a lot more lately. Trying to look for certain strange weapons, like the Degreaser, Jarate and the Flare Gun. I wanted Mantreads and the Huntsman, but they're in level 40 crates, which are EXTREMELY rare, and as such extremely expensive.

• Thumbs Up 1

meet_the_server3.png

Picture by Kamicciolo

Hey all, Vemus here made an official SSMB a server for us! Let’s congratulate his thoughtfulness by playing on it and giving him money.

IP: 174.34.132.101 Port :27015

We weren’t able to put on any cool mods like Super Zombie Fortress and Saxton Hale due to some problems, and we were having some trouble with custom maps, but we might be able to add those later. In the meantime, we have nearly every official map to use. Have fun!

• Thumbs Up 9

Hello

Just joined this chat so what is that map name and does anyone have an atomizer for trade?

Well hey, I actually live in Florida. That server might be worth a look.

I'm currently having a hard time tracking down some strange weapons I want. No idea why it's so hard for me to find a Strange Degreaser/Flare Gun. Also hoping to get one of the Crate 40 items, but those crates are about as rare as hats- probably rarer, considering they fall on the crate timer. I just want a Huntsman or Mantreads. :c

Please give the server a shot, I'm really hoping to get it active and fun for everyone here who plays TF2. I'll be looking into adding custom maps and gametypes as time goes and I figure out more how to do this shit. But please, give the server some activity, I don't want to be paying 20 dollars a month for an empty server, lol. Anyhow, enjoy it as much as you can, the admins of the server are me and swift, so if you have any questions ask me or him. And just so everyone's clear, the rules or the server are generally the same as they are here, just don't be an asshole, or I'll have to slap you from one side of doublecross to the other.

I think it's best to wait until the server has more consistent activity before adding custom anything. Some people won't like downloading so many maps, some people won't like playing on the maps, or they won't like the custom game type (I know I personally won't stick around for any besides prophunt, I just don't enjoy them) and it will end up being a great way to clear out the server. Get some people to start hanging around regularly and then throw in custom things.

• Thumbs Up 2

Would anyone happen to have a Festive Rocket Launcher they aren't using? It doesn't have to be Strange (although it'd be nice if it was). In exchange I have an extra Festive Flamethrower and some scrap if you'd like.

Also, loving the SSMB server. It's been great fun every time I've been on there

• 2 weeks later...

so, that Portal 2 DLC trailer was pretty nice, wasn't it?

tumblr_m34y72BfDF1qzmq3x.png

Yes

Yes it was.

• Thumbs Up 3

Updated the Frying Pan so it can also be equipped by the Scout, Sniper, Medic, Heavy, and Pyro

BEST UPDATE

FASTEST MELEE ATTACK SPEED

PLUS

EAR RAPE-O-MATIC

SCOUT IS EVEN BETTER

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 3

and here is Ninja's Occasional TF2 update of the occasion!

This time, we have some interesting new revelations that may Hint at a Robot related Game Mode

If you’ve done your share of snooping and speculating (or if you read the /r/TF2 forums OR the steam powered user forums) then you probably know valve has been working on something right under our noses.

tumblr_m3ob1b5m8o1r06ice.jpg

Those who have used cheats to noclip through Cp_foundry have seen these mysterious pictures in which the the scout and heavy are both intrigued and frightened by. What could it be? I see robots, robots baby.

tumblr_m3ob859Pmi1r06ice.png

Even MORE snooping brings someone to this room found in the opposing teams base. Auto-borax?

Take out the read between the lines and you have Tobor. FLIP IT AND YOU HAVE ROBOT!

Finally there is this.

tumblr_m3obatOvQb1r06ice.jpg

M V M - 13 22 13

MANN VS MACHINE

Still interested? You better be. Stay tuned.

and in the related Steam Forums thread we even got some speculation on what this mode could be about, nameley Waves of Enemies coming at our Heroes, who have to fend off the Mechanical Mayhem and have to buy Power ups to help you with it.

so there you have it, Mann vs Machine

• Thumbs Up 3

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

THE PYROS A ROBOT!!!!

Valve are the MASTERS of cryptic messages

Edited by Rusty Pete
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh, you think it's meet the pyro? My first inclination was that it was some kind of MOBA gametype, which I wouldn't be thrilled with.

Oh, you think it's meet the pyro? My first inclination was that it was some kind of MOBA gametype, which I wouldn't be thrilled with.

More likely horde mode then MOBA. Why would valve want to cannibalise DOTA 2?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

THE PYROS A ROBOT!!!!

Valve are the MASTERS of cryptic messages

Indeed. Model P.Y.R.O. is so much like a human, that it BLEEDS WHEN SHOT.

Also, I'd personally love a horde mode, so long as they are a little easier to kill than usual. On the other hand though, it would be hell for my shitty laptop's processor. blink.png

Edited by Phantomime

Pyro? Robot?

I know what happened!!!

The Medic didn't kill the Spy's head...He turned it into the Pyro!!!!

Yeah...I'm not a good speculator :P

On the topic of horde mode; they NEED to make two forms of play for Offense and Defense.

Offense having you fight through entire droves of enemies to reach a goal (perhaps like L4D if thats how it works), and Defense is the same thing except you hold them off until they kill you.

Or am I just describing L4D here?

Oh you guise, the Assassin from Monday Night Combat isn't even a robot, that's just her face mask. :v

Speaking of MNC, there's a rather spiffy promo going on now! Aside from the Gunslinger hat and Assassin helmet that you can unlock for use in Team Fortress 2, you can also unlock the Engineer's and Soldier's uniforms, as well as the latter's Rocket Launcher for use in Super MNC right now as part of their Stream Trade promotion! I severely underplayed the original, but from what little dabbling I did do it was a pretty awesome game, so I'd recommend that you all give it a whirl! And hey... it's free to play! I can't see how you could possibly turn down the opportunity of a free hat.

Those fine chaps at Uber Entertainment also made this awesome promo vid, too! You all should watch it.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, June is almost here, and still no big update/Meet the Pyro.

But, I checked the counter on the TF2 website, and we are evidently at update #292. I'm no expert, but I gotta wonder if the huge summer update with Saxxys and Pyros and Hats (oh my) will coincide with update 300. Just a hunch though.

Fun fact: in the German version, the chracters are already robots. They bleed oil and leave behind gears and bolts when they die.

I'm guessing they won't reveal what the Pyro is. At least I hope they don't, because the ambiguity and mystery is the cornerstone of the Pyro's character. It's something that's not meant to be answered.

Well, June is almost here, and still no big update/Meet the Pyro.

But, I checked the counter on the TF2 website, and we are evidently at update #292. I'm no expert, but I gotta wonder if the huge summer update with Saxxys and Pyros and Hats (oh my) will coincide with update 300. Just a hunch though.

That would make sense, but considering valve usually only updates once a week or so, we may be waiting a little longer than desired for the big one. Tuesday/Thursday are the usual update nights, and lately on Thursdays is when they add a Workshop item(usually a mediocre one) and maybe fix a bug while creating another.

Speaking of, you guys should check out the workshop and maybe vote on some things if you haven't already. Lots of talent is going unrecognized because Valve keeps adding mostly lame items from the same few people.

Hoping that before the Saxxy awards begin, the replay system can be FIXED. I'm not exaggerating when I say sometimes 5-6 replays in a row will fail to work, either because they didn't save properly or they've got some error (GetDynamicBaseline is a common one). Argh.

Random quesiton to SSMB: Who else plays on the Randomizer arena server from time to time?

• Thumbs Up 1