Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

I knew the Pyro was a pony deep down inside, <3.

But that's not a pony.

It's an Inflatable Balloonicorn! COMPLETELY different.

I think I'm gonna go get me TF2 ASAP...

Friendly tip, when you start, you are going to die. A LOT. This does NOT make you a bad player. It just takes a while to master strategies and such.

Also, I'd gladly help you get started if you want. PM me for my Steam acct. if you feel like I could give you a hand with item related requests, or just getting a better start than I did. :P

Oh man, that was awesome. I usually play as Pyro, so it's nice to see I'm spreading the love. ;)

Also, there must be a Pyro-Happy-Land map. I demand it.

Okay, that's pretty awesome. It's a shame the new Pyro weapons are only reskins though. sad.png

Hopefully some stat changes are in the update, like the ones in the Beta.

Edited by Solly

Wait. If those are just reskins, that means...

Pyro only got one weapon from a Pyro Update.

Added Pyrovision!

Added new game mode Special Delivery and map Doomsday!

Friendly players glow when carrying the flag

Fixed rare cases where flag could fall out of the world

Fixed cases where the Payload HUD looked like the cart is still on a hill when it isn't

Fixed cases where some clients didn't receive broadcasts about long continuous particle effects being started or stopped

Updated the HTML renderer for displaying server MOTD

Votes created by a dedicated server no longer trigger a failed vote cooldown

Fixed map triggered annotation events not working on dedicated servers

Fixed the game crashing if tempents are created that use invalid materials

Using a Name Tag while in game notifies everyone of the name change

Fixed Strange Part: Projectiles Reflected not tracking grenade and sentry rocket deflections

Added new items

City on Fire item sets

Pyroland weapons and cosmetics

Community-contributed cosmetic items for all classes

Mysterious treasures have been incinerated, but are now craftable

Added crafting recipe for Pile of Ash

Scorched Keys are now available in the store for a limited time

New promo item

Weapon balancing changes

Gloves of Running Urgently * Removed self-damage over time penalty * Heavy takes mini-crits while active and for 3 seconds after switching away * Attack damage penalty reduced from -50% to -25%

Tomislav * Spin-up speed bonus reduced from +40% to +10%

Quick-Fix * Medic mirrors blast jump of their heal target

Crusader's Crossbow * Reload speed time reduced by +40%

Cozy Camper * Regenerates 1 heath per second * Reduced movement penalty from -90% to -80%

Sticky Jumper and Rocket Jumper * Added 'flying' sound to blast jumps

The Concheror * Changed rage building source from "damage done and damage received" to only "damage done" * Increased the rate at which Rage builds for this item by +25%

The Equalizer * Removed player move speed modification and added it to a new item named The Escape Plan * All owners of the Equalizer will be automatically granted The Escape Plan

Crit-a-Cola * Added +25% increased movement speed while active * Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds

Atomic Bonk * Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds

All Flamethrowers * Increased base damage by +10%.

Backburner * Removed +10% damage bonus attribute * Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged

Degreaser * Added -10% damage penalty attribute * Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged

Phlogistinator * Damage defense while taunting reduced from -90% to -75%

Item bug fixes

Fixed sentry sometimes spawning in shielded mode while the Wrangler was equipped, but not deployed

Improved visual and audio cues for when the Manmelter is ready to fire

Fixed Manmelter being able to earn crits via friendly Pyro self-damage

Fixed Scotch Bonnet's blue team skin not showing

Fixed Unarmed Combat's taunt not working

Unarmed Combat's color now matches the team using it

Fixed the Apparition's Aspect showing a burning texture in DX8

Oh my god. Flying Pocket Quick-Fix Soldiers. WHAT THE CHRIST.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do you hear that noise?

That pitiful, pitiful, noise?

That is the sound of traders, sobbing about the diaries they bought.

Heh heh.

City on Fire item sets

Pyroland weapons and cosmetics

Community-contributed cosmetic items for all classes

Added crafting recipe for Pile of Ash

Scorched Keys are now available in the store for a limited time

New promo item

212.jpg

I am a very happy guy right now.

Edited by Pyromime
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm using them right now.

This is absolutely amazing.

textures are replaced; confetti, rainbows, and balloons when death; health pickups are cakes; ammo is presents

Edited by Cola

bwahaha fucking idiots buying those garbage items just to have them turned to ash

I love how my favorite thing about this update is the quick fix buff and tomislav nerf !!

My ashes gave me five crates and a scorch shot

I didn't even want a scorch shot

someone trade me cool stuff

Hey guys, just a heads up.

I really want the Strange version of the Rainblower, Like, a lot. So I'd be willing to... egh... maybe trade away a couple hats on page 7 of my backpack for one. Yeah.

EXCEPT MY DARLING VINTAGE VINTAGE TYROLEAN. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING MY BABY.

Anything else? I'll gladly see what we can work out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I guess I'm also buying the burnt shit for a couple scraps each or whatever.

Also, I got the entirety of the new Sniper set, if any of you lot are interested.

Edited by Pyromime

I've got a Strange Rainblower, but it's not for sale. :c

I'll let you know if I happen upon another.

I also got 2 Scout hats and the rest of the Scout set, 2 Sniper hats w/ the SMG, 2 Strange Lolichops, the Soldier's Bazooka and Tin Cans, and the Scorch Shot.

This is pretty great so far.

But there was some stuff that came in the update related to the Man Vs Machine stuff. It's not over.

Awesome. I don't know why everyone seem so surprised by this. I see that all the time when I play as Pyro. It always put a smile on my face when I gave the flying ugly babies lollipops and rainbows... Lots and lots of rainbows...

But still, this was an awesome video... my favorite of the bunch... Too bad I can't play TF2 until I get a new mouse.

It's very awkward with the one I have now... But once I do, I'll be happy to show people... that I... believe in magic... >=)

*Whistles*

Edited by YoshiUnity Knows Kung-Fu
  • Thumbs Up 2

I haven't played TF2 in a while but this is more than enough to get me to log on again tomorrow. Fantastic all around.

Well this update was cool but aside from bugfixes and item balancing it feels pretty much like a novelty

oh yay... ! new weapons for the pyro... but two are reskins of stock weapons that no one uses and one is terrible (except it has the BEST TAUNT EVER)

The other new weapons are cool I guess maybe... but I love my original, my jarate, my scattergun, and am not good enough to take advantage of the new rifle since body shots erry day. Of course that's just me, a lot of people seem to like these

And pyrovision... I might keep it equipped on the pyro for funsies, but it's just annoying really... yeah it's cool to go ooh and ah because it's kind of neat, but it's distracting.

So y'know, Mann vs. Machine, Monkey vs. Monkey, let's get that rolling Valve.

Haven't tried Doomsday though, that could be a fun new mode.

oh but yeah, item balancing this time around is like the best bunch we've ever gotten. Crossbow is actually usable, Quick-fix is super cool, tomislav and phlog nerfs are awesome, and I really love the equalizer split because I don't feel like I can god mode the shit out of everything now.

Edited by Noir

OMG! It all makes so much sense now!

Milkpyro.jpg

At any rate, I made a big ol' guide for understanding the basics about a year ago; since there are new players and old ones that haven't played in a while here, I may as well bring it up again. Nothing in particular I would change at this point, but that only goes to show how responsible Valve's been at keeping this game balanced despite their inundation of content.

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I got my hands on a couple of weapons today and here's what I think.

Baby Face Blaster - Alright I hated this thing first thing because it rids Scout for what he's known for; Speed. But after trying it for a while I have a love hate relationship with it. When it starts off I feel like a Heavy but once I got a full boost meter I felt like I was really going fast. The gun itself looks awesome so its really a double edge sword.

Beggar's Bazooka - Its pretty neat. While not able to do immediate damage, like the Cow Manger's charged shot, but the ability to shoot 3 rockets at once is a nice benefit. Its kind of hard to aim the rockets at times but its an oh well.

Pretty Boy's Pistol - I just got this so I don't know how good it is.

As for the nerfs and buffs, I really don't mind them at all. Its a welcomed addition. But I do wonder why they did split the Equalizer though.

Edited by GraveRobber