Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

But I do wonder why they did split the Equalizer though.

Because unless you were just really super nice and liked to help your teammates with the disciplinary action, everyone used the equalizer. It OHKO'd people like nobody's business while you buzzed around like a hopped up hummingbird because you had low health. It wasn't really OP because people rarely use it but it was definitely better than it needed to be.

Do wish they had more than just a new texture for the Escape Plan though

also! If anyone has a Hitman's Heatmaker... explain it to me. Because I read the explanation of the TF2 wiki and it sounds like... the most retarded thing ever. So 20% less damage on bodyshots... and then if you're doing well... it forces you to stay scoped in and slow-moving, and makes your shots tracer darts so people can find your location that you can't move from... because you're scoped in... also it doesn't even improve your firing rate... so what exactly isn't bad about this?

Because unless you were just really super nice and liked to help your teammates with the disciplinary action, everyone used the equalizer. It OHKO'd people like nobody's business while you buzzed around like a hopped up hummingbird because you had low health. It wasn't really OP because people rarely use it but it was definitely better than it needed to be.

Do wish they had more than just a new texture for the Escape Plan though

Well I didn't had much of a problem fighting soldiers using the equalizer, mostly because of Nastasha's slowdown effect. But it does give surprise KOs for that matter. Most of the time however its more or less a flag waving the words "Shoot me!" on it since soldier usually pulls it out when he's low on health.

Edited by GraveRobber

Honestly, I feel like they could've gone and taken away the speed buff for the Equalizer and just left it like that. No seperate items for its stats or anything.

The reason the "easy escape when you're injured" thing is a problem is because the Soldier is a character who's all about positioning. His game is about getting to the points where it's easiest to control ground or have a good view of the battlefield, flanking, and showing up in enemy's faces when they don't expect it.

And yet as a powerhouse class, he's supposed to be committed to these things- it's how he's designed. You know the way you'll pretty much NEVER see health packs on high structures that you can rocket jump to? That's not coincidence. The Soldier's supposed to be buying an engagement ring for every move he makes.

But the the Escape Plan/Equalizer allows him to be sloppy. Speaking as a player who mains Soldier and uses it, it's saved my ass in so many situations I should've died in because I made a mistake.

Now they've made the Medic his co-pilot on MURDER AIRLINES. It's awesome in its own right, but it's a recipe for disaster.

• Thumbs Up 2

also! If anyone has a Hitman's Heatmaker... explain it to me. Because I read the explanation of the TF2 wiki and it sounds like... the most retarded thing ever. So 20% less damage on bodyshots... and then if you're doing well... it forces you to stay scoped in and slow-moving, and makes your shots tracer darts so people can find your location that you can't move from... because you're scoped in... also it doesn't even improve your firing rate... so what exactly isn't bad about this?

It didn't say anything about tracer rounds.

Yeah it does have one apparently

From the sound of it, it seems like you have a Focus meter, and when it's full, you get 25% faster charge rate and don't have to rescope after each kill. Essentially, it makes you a semi-automatic sniper. It sounds like it doesn't FORCE you to stay scoped (though according to the wiki, the ability to unscope is a bug), it simply lets you keep shooting without having to shoot -> un-scope -> reload -> re-scope -> shoot.

Now you can keep firing, plus have faster charge time.

Honestly sounds like a monster in the hands of a skilled sniper.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah if it doesn't -force- you to stay scoped then I could actually see it being at least more worthwhile than the machina. If it did I just couldn't imagine why anyone would want such a thing

I had an odd thought involving the Pyro. There are either millions of Pyros running around, which means the insanity ward of hospitals must be completely empty by this point...

Or there is only one.

This one must get dirty from the destruction it causes, so it obviously needs clothes. It goes to what it thinks is a clothing store, filled with happy baby versions of the other mercenaries (in reality it's a storage warehouse with the bodies of it's victims) and takes their clothes.

The thing is? These clothes are from the opposing team. And the Pyro does this everytime it's clothes get too dirty...

The Pyro is an unknowing psychopathic turncoat...and it doesn't even realize it. EVERYTHING MUST BE HAPPY!

Edited by Enigmatus

So guys, I DID end up getting my hands on that new Strange Rainblower, and it is SO MUCH FUN.

I love the first person view, even if it takes up a bit of space. The big brass horns make me wish I could custom model it to be Stardust Speedway styled though, with music to replace the rainbows. Still an awesome weapon.

You know what else is awesome about it? The taunt.

Also, having this equipped with it made it all the better.

This update in general certainly reKINDLED my love for the Pyro.

In my eyes right now, no other class MATCHES the fun of this lunatic.

I guess you could even say he has LIT TH-okayI'mdone.

• Thumbs Up 2

So guys, I DID end up getting my hands on that new Strange Rainblower, and it is SO MUCH FUN.

I love the first person view, even if it takes up a bit of space. The big brass horns make me wish I could custom model it to be Stardust Speedway styled though, with music to replace the rainbows. Still an awesome weapon.

You know what else is awesome about it? The taunt.

Also, having this equipped with it made it all the better.

Damn, I gotta get me one of those Orchestrinas. Only thing out of the set I'm missing- besides the Balloonicorn, but the real one I've got coming in the mail has a download code with it.

In other news, the Pocket Medic, Teddy Roosebelt, Brain Slug, Alien Swarm hat and Parrot all get credited with low-priority assists on the kill counter.

To honor this, I named my parrot.

2nioaa1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

To honor this, I named my parrot.

2nioaa1.jpg

I wish I had that parrot. Or any parrot in general.

/jealous

;_______________________;

So I crafted a Hitman's Heatmaker earlier because I had the materials and was just that curious about how good it would be, and heard good stuff about the Blaster so I crafted one of those too

Heatmaker is really awesome for some ungodly reason I don't even know. I've done so much better with it than any other rifle and I don't know why because I rarely put Focus to good use. Unless there's an -enormous- group of people I can't see it being incredibly useful, I know it wasn't for me. But I do like it a lot, will probably stick to it for a good time. I might like Focus to last a bit longer though.

Blaster is really one of my favorite new weapons in a while. Pair it with the pistol and shoot people from afar to fill the meter and you're set. It takes next to nothing to fill it and then you can zip around everywhere. People have no idea what hit them when you show up out of nowhere and disappear. The no jumping thing takes getting used to but at this speed you don't even need to jump around to dodge, you can run just fine. Really fun with the Crit-a-Cola too. You fucking fly with those together.

But! That's not even why I wanted to post

So I got a Slim Dome in a drop today and hated life immensely because it's the third time I've gotten a hatless in a drop and was my second Slim Dome.

So despite my usual desire to hoard one of every single item I get, I decided it was time to SCIENCE for the first time. Got a Hermes.

And once I popped, I couldn't stop, and after a lot of debate I crafted my Ellis Cap and Manniversary hat.

Pocket Medic.

Baseball Bill and my Whiskered Gentleman that I never used went next.

Mutton chops.

I felt so fucking alive, I felt like I could dangle my balls in the face of danger and be untouchable. But no I didn't get cocky and craft everything away and get shit, I'm not stupid.

Pretty awesome for my first SCIENCE session.

I just tasted the rainbow after being away for a good amount of time and it BURNS! Still trying to figure out what to craft with some of the duplicate items I have since there are so many options to choose from from weapons to hats. Pyro-vision is really strange and I can't help but get distracted by the colors.

Blaster is really one of my favorite new weapons in a while. Pair it with the pistol and shoot people from afar to fill the meter and you're set. It takes next to nothing to fill it and then you can zip around everywhere. People have no idea what hit them when you show up out of nowhere and disappear. The no jumping thing takes getting used to but at this speed you don't even need to jump around to dodge, you can run just fine. Really fun with the Crit-a-Cola too. You fucking fly with those together.

I've been trying out the Blaster ever since I got it and I'm loving it now. The slowdown at the start makes me cringe still but its great once it gets going. Also I tend to aim better at slower speeds anyways. But anyways I've been wanting to try it out with the Crit-a-Cola but it seems to be a great combo from what I'm hearing from you. I've paired the Blaster with Pretty Boy pistol due to the lack fall damage which helps the Blaster's momentum as well as being able to use The Sandman with no penalties. All in all its a pretty neat set.

YOU THERE! Do you like Pyroland? Of course ya do! But there is one main downside to it (beside slight FPS drops). That downside is that you cannot do it on every map, see the textures on no maps with only seeing the effects and weapons, OR pick and choose which ones DO and DON'T use this rrrrevolutionary new feature!

But could it be? Phantomime here to quell your disappointment?

Yes! Introducing: THE ABILITY TO SWITCH MAPS USING PYROLAND IN MINUTES!

STEP ONE: Create a new file in notepad or whatever Macs use for .cfg.

Step two. Paste this inside:

"VisionFilterShadersMapWhitelist"

{

"arena_badlands.bsp" "0"

"arena_granary.bsp" "0"

"arena_lumberyard.bsp" "0"

"arena_nucleus.bsp" "0"

"arena_offblast_final.bsp" "0"

"arena_ravine.bsp" "0"

"arena_sawmill.bsp" "0"

"arena_watchtower.bsp" "0"

"arena_well.bsp" "0"

"cp_5gorge.bsp" "0"

"cp_badlands.bsp" "0"

"cp_coldfront.bsp" "0"

"cp_degrootkeep.bsp" "0"

"cp_degrootkeep.bsp" "0"

"cp_egypt_final.bsp" "0"

"cp_fastlane.bsp" "0"

"cp_foundry.bsp" "0"

"cp_freight_final1.bsp" "0"

"cp_gorge.bsp" "0"

"cp_granary.bsp" "0"

"cp_gravelpit.bsp" "0"

"cp_gullywash_final1.bsp" "0"

"cp_mountainlab.bsp" "0"

"cp_steel.bsp" "0"

"cp_well.bsp" "0"

"cp_yukon_final.bsp" "0"

"ctf_2fort.bsp" "0"

"ctf_doublecross.bsp" "0"

"ctf_sawmill.bsp" "0"

"ctf_turbine.bsp" "0"

"ctf_well.bsp" "0"

"koth_badlands.bsp" "0"

"koth_harvest_final.bsp" "0"

"koth_lakeside_final.bsp" "0"

"koth_nucleus.bsp" "0"

"koth_sawmill.bsp" "0"

"koth_viaduct.bsp" "0"

"pl_badwater.bsp" "0"

"pl_barnblitz.bsp" "0"

"pl_frontier_final.bsp" "0"

"pl_goldrush.bsp" "0"

"pl_hoodoo_final.bsp" "0"

"pl_thundermountain.bsp" "0"

"pl_upward.bsp" "0"

"plr_hightower.bsp" "0"

"plr_nightfall_final.bsp" "0"

"plr_pipeline.bsp" "0"

"tc_hydro.bsp" "0"

"sd_doomsday.bsp" "0"

}

Step thrrree! Name the file as "mtp.cfg"

Step. Four.

Save it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\cfg"

Finally, step five! Set any maps you want pyrovision to be available on to "1", and any that you want it to be DISabled for, (the default), to "0".

And you're done! Also, if you want to add custom maps, you can! Just add, for example, "cp_redfort.bsp" "1", and it will turn that to pyroland!

Hopefully that was of assistance, and have happy times ahead in Pyro's beautiful land of magic, everyone!

do-you-believe-in-magic-610x300.jpg

Edited by Pyromime
  • Thumbs Up 5

HOW TO ENABLE PYROLAND EVERYWHER

There are not enough words in the world to describe how much I love you right now.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Aw yiss, my Balloonicorn finally came in the mail.

In other news, the Source Filmmaker beta came out, and people have been using it to make some really funny videos. It's got a lot of potential, and way more stuff than the beta releases.

And have you ever wondered what the Demoman actually says that gets censored in Meet the Demoman? Well, that's answered now.

They got more fuckin' sea monsters in the Great loch at Ness than they got the likes of me.

• Thumbs Up 4

And have you ever wondered what the Demoman actually says that gets censored in Meet the Demoman? Well, that's answered now.

They got more fuckin' sea monsters in the Great loch at Ness than they got the likes of me.

Edited by SuperStingray

What I noticed yesterday is that at the end of every "Meet the" video, the Engineer is smiling. But at the end of Meet the Pyro, he has a serious face

tumblr_m6arhwd8Mf1ql8ax7.pngtumblr_m6arjsxDq21ql8ax7.png

See? Red!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fixed the Rainblower taunt attacking players through walls

FUCK MY LIFE.

• Thumbs Up 3

So just now I found a Hitman's Heatmaker in a random drop along with a fourth ash, which, when made into a Pile o Ash, yeilded me a Bird-Man of Aberdeen. This was after finding a Pomson 6000 in a random drop as well.

EDIT: AND a Ballonicorn in the next drop.

YES.gif

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 3

I got the All Father and Kringle Collection when I crafted some dupes. Now I've got the perfect set for goofing around.

23upr8m.jpg
IMMA GODDAMN WIZARD

Got some Market Gardener kills. Mantreads definitely need some kind of a damage buff, though. I got 3-4 Goomba stomps and none of them were kills. :(

Also want to practice on some RJ maps to get better at trick jumps.

• Thumbs Up 1

ARE YOU FREAKING READY TO HAVE YOUR MIND BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS?

Okay, so as you may already know around the release of the Pyromania update a while back, this set of mysterious robotic heads of the team members were discovered and started making the rounds all over the place just adding more fire to the "Tobor" and "Mann vs. Machine" rumours flying about!

mvmheads.png

Woah hey yeah those things totally fit the rumours like a glove! But what's truly remarkable is what people just noticed while casually glancing at this old Engineer promo vid from a while back!

The object front and center on the shelf at 0:08 (facade visible at 0:09) and the glowing in the bottom right at 0:12. Look familiar? YEAH THEY DO. The robotic Heavy and Demoman heads; they've been right in front of our noses all this time!

Whatever this is...THEY'VE BEEN PLANNING FOR ALL OF THIS SINCE THE BEGINNING (or at the very least for quite some time now heh)

Kinda like how they snuck the Balloonicorn in last year's Smissmass story! (Except with a considerably larger gap in time in this instance. :>)

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 4

ARE YOU FREAKING READY TO HAVE YOUR MIND BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS?

Okay, so as you may already know around the release of the Pyromania update a while back, this set of mysterious robotic heads of the team members were discovered and started making the rounds all over the place just adding more fire to the "Tobor" and "Mann vs. Machine" rumours flying about!

mvmheads.png

Woah hey yeah those things totally fit the rumours like a glove! But what's truly remarkable is what people just noticed while casually glancing at this old Engineer promo vid from a while back!

The object front and center on the shelf at 0:08 (facade visible at 0:09) and the glowing in the bottom right at 0:12. Look familiar? YEAH THEY DO. The robotic Heavy and Demoman heads; they've been right in front of our noses all this time!

Whatever this is...THEY'VE BEEN PLANNING FOR ALL OF THIS SINCE THE BEGINNING (or at the very least for quite some time now heh)

Kinda like how they snuck the Balloonicorn in last year's Smissmass story! (Except with a considerably larger gap in time in this instance. :>)

WOAH, RADICAL

Can't wait to see where this goes!

It's Valve, it HAS to be good.

• 5 weeks later...

GUYS.

GUYYYYSSS.

CLICK THE BLOOD SPLATTER IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER OF THE WEBSITE.

OOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT

679827e4_9eeaf04f_HypeTrain.jpeg

IT'S COMING.

Edited by Phantomime