Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

I am honestly very very close to being ABSOLUTELY FUCKING TERRIFIED RIGHT NOW I MEAN DID ANY OF YOU FUCKING READ WHAT WE ARE FUCKING UP AGAINST. On the other hand, that was the single most badass thing ever, that trailer was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh geez Oh man oh geez oh Mann hurr

I can't wait until the 15th. I really wish we still had the TSS server so I could play with everyone here.

I think it will be like one of those things where you'll be able to invite your friends to a private server or something, because having a server restrict it's players to 6 wouldn't be fun at all, and Valve knows it.

EDIT: Something like how Left 4 Dead servers work, maybe? I haven't played that yet so I have no idea how that goes. :V

Edited by Phantomime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM

So looks like the Mann brothers really ARE dead. Which brings the question of "What happens once this is over?"

Essentially BLU and RED team are gone, the mercs are now working for Mann Co, and where is the Administrator in all of this?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

THAT TRAILER

IT BEGINS

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

ALL OF MY HYPE

Actually, I don't have enough hype. I'm going to have to find a hype bank and then rob them of their massive quantities of hype to just acquire half of the hype required for something of this hype-inducing caliber.

Bfhahaha, and oh my gosh that last comic was great. So many new comics in one week. Wow. This is pretty big yeah.

god damn it saxton out of all the times you had to fight a yeti

Edited by HunterTSF

Well SSMB, it would seem the final days are upon us; if I have to go down, I'm glad it's with you guys.

Oh and before I forget to say; Valve, you had better release that trailer song with the update or I WILL STRANGLE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU SORRY SACKS OF SCUM.

That buildup was pure awesome in robot-starting-up form.

• Thumbs Up 2

It always amazes me how many times they manage to rework the core TF2 theme into fresh, new sounding songs with every update or so

I'm a big fan of the sporadic guitar in this one before the big sci fi bits hit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw all this a few hours ago. I think one of the things that really impresses me about the trailer(besides that music like Remz said) is the way they're always able to get so much out of the characters, even when they don't use any dialogue.

The dev team for TF2 is pretty small by now but damn is it talented.

The trailer was beyond cool and I'm so happy to see they're going to keep up with these kinds of videos (as opposed to little thirty second teasers)

Can't say I'm super hyped for the update because the description of the mode leaves a lot to the imagination. Do I need actual friends to play, and how will six player teams work on a normal server? Will there be totally different servers for MvM?

Still looking forward to it at least.

Oh god.

This update makes me wish my computer could run Team Fortress 2 properly.

seriously this looks so sexy hnnng.

I'm ready to kill hordes of deadly robots.

With rainbows and lollipops.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 1

After drooling over the new mode again one thing that got me thinking is the robot army's artificial intelligence. It must be somewhat advanced because otherwise this entire war could be avoided by hiring the Red and Blu Spies and having them sap the entire army. Unless...there aren't enough sappers. In the world. OH GOD THE WAVES WILL BE HUGE

Dear God. This looks better than I had ever expected, and to boot, I was legitimately creeped out during the part of the trailer when the robots were actually activating. In the words of Vegeta in the TFS Lord Slug Abridged, this is going to be amazing.

Though, I have to wonder if this is going to be the last major update for TF2. The Mann brothers are dead, and both RED and BLU are teaming up to defend Mann. Co from Gray Mann's machine horde, signalling an end to the rivalry between the two teams. The only way this could possibly end in-universe would be Gray's death in an epic final battle, or Mann Co. falls instead and Gray takes over the world.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I think the likely ending for TF2 lore is some bizarre scenario happens, sitcom style and the status quo is reset.

Red and Blu go back to pointlessly fighting eachother over and over like they always have, the endless war for gravel continues despite the benefactors being too dead to care.

I agree with you that this feels kind of final, ish though. I'll be interested to see where they go from here with TF2 actually, the comics and robot thing seem to be leading into an endgame scenario moreso than anything in the past.

Valve will have to move on from updating TF2 eventually, as much it sucks to consider it. It seems CS:GO and DOTA2 will be the last of the "current gen" Source games, and considering HL3 may be announced at Gamescom, it seems Valve are finally ready to show off the next big iteration of the Source engine.

If they do stop, though, I imagine they're gonna end things with a bang.