Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

New Blog Post. We'll be getting a big update soon, from the looks of it. Expect lots of patch notes and balance changes, including stuff for old maps. On top of that, we're getting two new maps; Process and Standin. Both are CP. 

cp_process_1.jpgcp_standin_1.jpg

>Fixing Badwater

NOOOOOO! MY ROOF EXPLOIT :C

In all seriousness though, it took them 7 years but hopefully, it was worth the weight.

But why is this unfair?

badwater_3.jpg

Sure, some people use it to Spawn camp, but not everyone does.

• 1 month later...

*Slams Door Open*

it Got Worse

but thankfully the Purple color on my Large Ludchadore is back after the recent update, wich also added this

tumblr_ms7us13PIP1r42s8uo1_250.gif

you can now see your Loadout in the Player status icon, thats cute

oh right, remember Blood Brothers? where Shit got REALLY real, like realer than Real?

IT GOT REALER

Presenting Ring of Fired the First TF2 comic not tied into an upcoming Update (or at least so they say)

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh man the comic is possibly their best yet.  So much beautiful Soldier screentime.  I can't wait to see how this moves forward (and if it isn't tied to an update, it's very cool to get a plotline that isn't tied down by the gameplay).

Considering it's a six-part series and thus taking place over the next six months from here, I'd almost bet money that it's going to lead into the next 'big update' following the '13 editions of Scary Fortress and Australian Smissmas and set the table for the rest of next year. I'm mostly curious about whether this will build up to a huge conclusion on some super crazy Mann vs Machine map, or just move straight into the next big thing.

I'm still pretty disappointed that Valve's insisting on sweeping BLU team under the rug, straight after they betrayed the premise of both teams joining together for Mann vs Machine... doesn't stop the comic or their writing being amazing as ever (Saxton and Soldier are still easily the best things ever written), but damnit.

I'm still pretty disappointed that Valve's insisting on sweeping BLU team under the rug, straight after they betrayed the premise of both teams joining together for Mann vs Machine...

That was most likely for gameplay readability.  When everyone is RED there is no question at all as to who is a teammate and who is an enemy.

That was most likely for gameplay readability.  When everyone is RED there is no question at all as to who is a teammate and who is an enemy.

Yeah, apparently playtesters were mistaking teammates for robots and shooting at them.

We also got Strangeifiers from Chemistry Sets!

Strange_hat.jpg?t=20130828044402

STRANGE HATS

ITS HAPPENING

• Added Chemistry Sets as a bonus drop. Chemistry Sets are recipe items that have varying inputs and varying outputs. You can complete a Chemistry Set by fulfilling all of its inputs, which will then give you the items it has listed in its outputs.
  • The in-game player status panel has been updated to show an animated image of your character with their current loadout
  • Added Romevision sharing: anyone playing Mann vs. Machine on the same server with an owner of the Hardy Laurel can now opt-in to Romevision
    • Manage your Romevision preference in the Advanced Options dialog
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent Jarate and Mad Milk from applying to all targets within range
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the Marked For Death icon to stay in the world after the owning player died
  • Fixed a bug that would allow Spies to exploit the Kunai's higher overheal limit
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Medigun's "Share Power Ups" upgrade from working correctly in Mann vs. Machine mode
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the last few characters of text to be lost when copying text from input fields
  • Fixed a client sv_cheats exploit related to the commentary dialog
  • Fixed a problem that would cause the shotgun shell model to appear incorrectly third-person when using the Family Business
  • Improved bot pathing behavior around ramps
  • Bots can now reflect energy-based projectiles
  • Fixed incorrect alpha in the backpack images for the Valley Forge and the Founding Father
  • The Foppish Physician and the Distinguished Rogue are now paintable and are team-colored by default
  • Added server log entries for jarate_attack and milk_attack when using Jarate, Mad Milk, or the Sydney Sleeper
  • Fixed using an incorrect path for downloaded custom player sounds
  • Fixed duplicate support/mission icons in the Mann vs. Machine HUD
  • Don't allow players without admin access on the server to use the various entity-creating commands to create point_servercommand entities
  • Updated cp_egypt_final
    • Fixed players building inside of Blu's first spawn
  • Updated cp_manor_event
    • Fixed players building in rafters
  • Updated cp_mountainlab
    • Fixed clip brush exploit above hallway leading toward final cap
    • Fixed exploit where players could be trapped in small space near final cap using teleporters
  • Updated plr_hightower
  • Removed Salvage Crate #50
  • Removed Mann Co Supply Crate #56
  • Added Mann Co Select Reserve Crate #60
  • Added Mann Co Supply Crate #71
  • Updated the localization files[1]
Undocumented changes
  • Added Strange Part: Robot Spies Destroyed, Kills During Victory Time and Kills with a Taunt Attack.
Patch 2
  • Fixed a client crash caused by using custom HUD files
Edited by PSI Wind

OK, so basically, I'm wanting to play TF2 with some people, and I'm thinking that, if one of use made a server, we could all get together and play at a scheduled time. If any of you want to add me on Steam, I'm InfinityAlex. Right now I play on any server that pops up, but if you guys want to recommend some here, feel free to! I'd love to own all your asses into submission so Vizz has no choice but to make me a mod start playing this game with some people, but no Pyros! Pyros are cheap...even the Engineer sentries aren't cheap, but Pyros, ugh...

no Pyros! Pyros are cheap...even the Engineer sentries aren't cheap, but Pyros, ugh...

What.

But Degreaser+Shotgun is love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Quick Question, who is afraid of no Ghosts and is about to work for two deceased Ghost Brothers to earn their Ghost Money in an attempt to kill the other Ghost Brother?

well you have to be, because Here we go again, in this years Halloween Event, and this years Halloween comic,

GRAVE MATTERS! 

in wherein Soldier does it again.....again

• Thumbs Up 3

Payload Race with the Mann brothers' corpses? Oh god, that'd be amazing! Wonder where the second issue of that bimonthly  comic is though.

The new voicelines for this event have made me laugh at this game for the first time since I first played it. Especially Sniper, and Scout with his scary hat.

Update's cool. Love the spells, and crazy Hightower is amazing.

But.

Valve.

Why are ALL of the halloween items restricted?

I can understand a few, but there a few that really shouldn't be.

hw2013_rugged_respirator.fbf11bd172fae15

hw2013_faux_manchu.02e85a3bb279a2f415eaa

hw2013_the_dark_helm.04c7e17f2b8dd645e59

hw2013_py40_automaton.8ec0d6033cc1e92dac

hw2013_tin_can.b873b61452432a57c50d22113

What is wrong or overly halloween-ish about this kind of stuff? I don't get it. And then, you add an item to make halloween items visible, but it's single use. What the hell.

It's amazing, yes.

But it'd be fun, if, you know, you COULD PLAY THE GODDAMN HELLTOWER. I keep getting disconnected, lags and goddamned crashes, and I'm not the only one I keep seeing this everywhere in the Steam forums.

Update's cool. Love the spells, and crazy Hightower is amazing.

But.

Valve.

Why are ALL of the halloween items restricted?

I can understand a few, but there a few that really shouldn't be.

Probably because these were all submitted under the Halloween 2013 tag, which Valve said would all be restricted.

hw2013_space_oddity.4abb6413e7a3fdba78cd

Spectralnaut, for Pyro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

WELL SURE IT'S HALLOWEEN-ONLY BUT LOOK AT THAT.

Alright so I went to Ghost Fort to get me the stuff I missed from last year right?

The entire server had a hard time fighting Mesmarus and when we finally killed him I was in the middle of spawning.

So then when I finally get my chance to kill him and go to Skull Island, the worst thing happened. I got killed by a noob pyro.

1245481184588__large.jpg

>mfw

I can't contain my rage. I'm glad the new map is a payload race so I can less issues about people shooting me from my prize.

I am just revisiting the Halloween 2012 and 2010 events so I can get stuff I can wear all year long. Also, because the game always crashes on Helltower.