Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

Yeah that short was pretty great, I'm always amazed by how Valve and fans can make TF2 so entertaining even for non-players.

Rick May [soldier's voice actor] has throat cancer and can no longer perform Soldier yelling, so Nolan North filled in for "I teleported bread!"

Jesus, that explains why you could hear Nolan North sometimes. That's so sad though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can we at least get someone who sounds like Rick a bit? Nolan just sounded like himself.

At least North did an excellent job at mimicking Goodeve's performance as the Engineer, I honestly couldn't tell the difference, and still can't.

So if nothing else, I totally wouldn't mind having him replace Goodeve if he's not able to do it anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick May has throat cancer? Well that sucks. :/ Hope he gets better.

I'm actually surprised that Soldier and Engie were Other Darrined. Nolan sounded really sounded like them. Maybe I just need to watch it again.

To be honest I feel all the character's voices have evolved over time, especially as we've gotten to hear them have more and more full conversations, so I didn't notice the difference either.  So sad when performers suffer ailments that affect their ability to perform, especially if performing possibly exasperated the problem.

Day 2 should be updated anytime in the following hours. Probably will show a new map/the War part of Love and War.

should.

Rick May has throat cancer? Well that sucks. :/ Hope he gets better.

I'm actually surprised that Soldier and Engie were Other Darrined. Nolan sounded really sounded like them. Maybe I just need to watch it again.

Well, North only voiced Soldier for one line. The rest was all Rick May, so yeah, you can really hear the difference between the two, it's right at the end when the soldier shouts before being thrown by the monster. 

Wait, they added a new shield that allows full turn control while charging? Instead of planting that attribute onto the Wee Booties?

Whyyyyyy

Wait, they added a new shield that allows full turn control while charging? Instead of planting that attribute onto the Wee Booties?

Whyyyyyy

Maybe the Booties are getting changed?

Whyyyyyy

Valve Logic™

Whyyyyyy

I thought it had the same stats as the Booties.

So either the booties are getting a buff or they just felt like giving a direct upgrade.

Edit: So I'm reading on patch notes for today's patch and I found this.

Weapon changes and updates

With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing 'reload' now activates focus when it is full

The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets

The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit

All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.

All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.

Updated Loch-n-Load reload animation

Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range

Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's

While these updates do change a lot of other weapons like miniguns and sentries but I do wanted to point out that they nerfed the Axinguisher meaning Pyros won't be as effective on taking down Heavies head on. I don't mind it as much since Pyro is already kind of a stupid class and the fact is that the Axinguisher can 1 hit kill most classes and heavily damage the others. So hooray for nerfing!

• Thumbs Up 1

Whew. Finally got to the end of this sucker.

Man, thst short really was amazing though. Miss Pauling was just great. I wonder what these new updates entail?

The Axtinguisher nerf is fine by me but it doesn't really solve the problem with the character. Pyro was meant to cause chaos, break up enemies by making them scramble for healthpacks, and score hit-and-run attacks by letting his opponents die from afterburn while he retreats to safety. Now, he's a character who relies on gimmicks and conditional crit setups that are incredibly frustrating to fight. The Axtinguisher was really only part of this. 

I can say the same about the Heavy, really. Nerfing his damage on spinup makes it easier for him to get ambushed, but it's not gonna bring his skill ceiling up. It's just taking away options. 

I'm all for that Stickybomb nerf, though. I love Demo but the stickies were always meant for area denial, not spam.

Also, this update is awesome, but has probably ruined public servers for the next few months.

• Thumbs Up 3

The worst part of the update is that some people aren't congaing the whole time. I mean jeez way to be a party pooper

• Thumbs Up 1

Miss Paulling for tenth class!

I'm not much into TF2 anymore, but MAN, that short was fantastic and they've FINALLY added dance taunts!

Guys. Guys.

There's a frickin' parachute, guys.

Now, Soldier and Demo can finally go on that hanggliding adventure they've always wanted.

The parachute is really fun. It's hilarious to pair it with the Rocket Jumper and slowly descend on your enemies with the Market Gardener.

CONGA CONGA CONGA CONGA

Congas are the best thing to happen to the game

Y76cCxT.jpg

Literally everything in this picture is perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

The Boston Breakdance looks really nice. So does Most Wanted.

The TF2 community has proven to be extremely talented, and the character animations are a big part of the game's appeal, so it's nice to see Workshop support for taunts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...