Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

Ill back this soon, any attempt to get more Wayforward  games on consoles in sweet HD is a worthy one

oh and...

e6909cc401d544abd8ab7fbc53207f15_large.g

Pajama Shantae <333333

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 8

I feel bad for them since the whole Mighty No.9 kickstarter may overshadow this kickstarter. I will definitely put in for both seeing how I love WayForward and their original ideas, Mighty Switch Force being my favorite over Shantae and Mighty Milky Way (and that DD: Neon Soundtrack). WayForward definitely needs more love and with Jake Kaufman on board...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh take all my money

CARBO YA BASTARD I WAS MAKING THIS THREAD YOU THUNDER THIEF

But hey cool backing this project because WayForward makes way awesome games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally something I DO wanna throw my money at.

I'm a bit cropped on it though. I still need to buy Chrono Phantasma and Project Diva f. So I donated 12 dollars.

How are the Shantae games?

They're pretty great.

If you have a 3DS you can download the original, Risky's Revenge on DSiware, and the Pirate's Curse which is slated for release later this year.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh maaaan I saw the hints of the kickstarter earlier today and was like please be Shantae please be Shantae please be Shantae AND IT'S SHANTAE.

I actually prefer the old art style but this one is still super cute.  The animation is a little stiff but naturally it's a WIP so I'm not judging that.

Now the question is how much I can afford to back because those rewards are tempting as hellllll.

Why don't I ever have money for these types of things. ;w; WayForward is always one of those companies I like to support when I can, and I feel like this needs just as much support as the Mighty No.9 thing.

Ah man ya beat me to it

CARBO YA BASTARD I WAS MAKING THIS THREAD YOU THUNDER THIEF

But hey cool backing this project because WayForward makes way awesome games.

Add me in on this. I wonder how many topics were being made for this game for this was posted. XD

Anyway, I'm currently playing Shantae (GBC) and I have Risky's Revenge in wait. I could had played the latter at anytime, but I wanted to play the series in order. The game is amazing and the characters are very likable.

So I'll gladly support this. Not just because of the series, but because Wayforward an awesome team that 9.5/10 does a damn good job with their games.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one that keeps repeating the kickstarter video over and over again?

Dat. Song. Is. So. GOoooood~

• Thumbs Up 4

Not too crazy about the art style, but it's not too shabby either.

So, yeah, gonna support this. It's Shantae, after all!

Really want that hardcover art book.  But $200...... Ngh! I love you but not that much!

Realistically I'm juggling between $35 and $60. Just don't know how much I'd want my name in a game's credits.

Shantae is a great series, and the more games the better. Pledging as soon as money is available.

The goal is a little steep for such a short time period though, I'm doubtful that they'll reach it.

Some art and a PR statement: 

9671668261_00565c8585_o.png

9674892028_32bc14d94c_o.png

9674893550_3f754dcd09_o.png

9671669675_fd666862da_o.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157635376585131/

Valencia, Calif. – 09/04/2013— WayForward is pleased to announce a brand new HD Shantae game for PC and all major consoles! Shantae: Half-Genie Hero takes a 2D/3D hybrid approach to platforming -- a follow-up to the company’s recent Ducktales: Remastered. 

The company has turned to crowd-funding in hopes of creating the biggest self-published game in WayForward history. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is confirmed for multiple platforms; Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Steam. 

The newest entry in the “Shantae” series follows the events of this winter’s pending Nintendo 3DS title “Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse”. This new HD adventure promises to be a point of entry for newcomers to the series, and will feature Shantae’s signature hair-whipping and shape-shifting, via magical belly dances. The animation, music, humor, and retro-inspired challenge will return as well, this time in full 1080p HD thanks to WayForward’s own sidescrolling game engine. 

Details surrounding the game will be revealed throughout the 30-day Kickstarter campaign, with some features determined by funding goals and fan input. This is the first crowd-funding endeavor by WayForward.
Edited by Colasaurus Rex
  • Thumbs Up 1

I cannot back this because no money + no credit card. But I've been doing some freelance for 'em, so I'm trying to see if I can get involved in this ;o;.

Either way I hope it does well!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Shantae baby what happened to your glorious brown tan

I like both looks actually but it did strike me as odd that they seem to be phasing it out