Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

Hell yes bless you WayForward! I really hope that the attention on Mighty No. 9's Kickstater doesn't dissuade people from donating to this.. because it looks gorgeous and it's so gonna be worth it.

EDIT: Also I hope Shantae's dark skin comes back.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

So this takes place after Pirate's Curse?

Anyway I'll be backing this next week.

They've said Pirate's Curse is the end of the trilogy of Shantae's first plot arc, so to speak, so this'll be a jump on point for newcomers and oldbies alike.

The art style reminds me a lot of Disgaea's. I don't like it as much as the old style but it's still cute all the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Other then Shantae losing her tan (I really REALLY hope this isn't some move to make her appeal more to racist or subconsciously racist people) I have to say this looks really damn great. I hope this gets great support and doesn't get forgotten about due to Mighty No 9. I don't want this to take away too much attention from Mighty No. 9 at the same time, I want the two projects to exist in funding harmony. 

So yeah if the only complaint I have is Shantae's skin colour you can say I'm pretty damn excited. This seems like something that could get me into Shantae since they said it's a good jumping-in point. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone notice that Shantae is wearing some sort of black collar this time around?

I'm not sure if it's an addition to her genie getup or story-related. It's not present on her pajamas.

c008c94ae2cb4eed29f3bc2f2becf23b.png

Don't worry guys if a lot of people miss her being dark she'll certainly be made so.

Well, time to make some noise on the comments. 

Also, another comment from them:

WayForward less than a minute ago

Hi friends! Since there were a lot of comments regarding skin tone, we lined up all the Shantae artwork from past games, and the skin tones are all over the board. We've always left this to artist discretion in the past. However, this new artwork does stand out as the lightest she's been since back in the GBC days, so I'm sure we'll adjust it once we have our character lineup established. This is a great example of Kickstarter comments shaping the eventual product, so please make your opinions heard!

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 7

c008c94ae2cb4eed29f3bc2f2becf23b.png

Don't worry guys if a lot of people miss her being dark she'll certainly be made so.

Actually, that sprite already looks tan, so yay.

Well I've done my pledge of $90  $200, found out it won't charge me until its final day, so yay, I can do more! :D

Edited by Noel

I went with the $200 one in the end, really want that art book.  I almost got the "get your art in the game one" until I let my excitement subside and concentrated and realised it was an extra $150 for that privilege, and I'd be sharing space with 120 other artists so not really all that special.

I put $12 dollars on this and my heart is being crushed. I need a job ;_;

I just got the first game on the VC but I was already a fan of the DSi one. Supporting this Kickstarter is pretty much a pre-order for me since I would buy it at the first opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 1

So am I the only one who thinks the $1.1M mystery stretch goal is voice acting?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/858/101/6200557a8c043599a1b8e0cba8746b58_large.png?1377391960

The shilloutte looks like Shantae standing in front of a microphone.

I'm giddy over the implications of what the $1.3M goal's TV shilloutte are. That aside I want the project to get to at least $1.2M so we can get as much into the game in terms of actual playable content as possible. But $400k first and foremost.

I'd think it'd be voice acting. And if she gets a VA, please be Christina Vee. tongue.png *beaten to  pulp* But first, let's meet the first checkpoint. 

Edited by Noel

I'd think it'd be voice acting. And if she gets a VA, please be Christina Vee. tongue.png *beaten to  pulp* But first, let's meet the first checkpoint. 

Cristina Vee is singing the theme song by the sound of things.

The pace isn't amazing so I hope it reaches that stretch goal.. but I don't wanna get too optimistic.

Cristina Vee is singing the theme song by the sound of things.

The pace isn't amazing so I hope it reaches that stretch goal.. but I don't wanna get too optimistic.

So I've heard! I love her! <3

Edit: It is her, she said on her twitter! I LOVE YOU CHRISTINA! <3

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

hey... stop posting how much you pledged. All of you $50 - $200 pledgers are making me feel bad that my pledge won't exceed $20 XD I LIVE ON MY OWN AND HAVE BILLLLLLLLS UUUUUUUUUUUUGH

hey... stop posting how much you pledged. All of you $50 - $200 pledgers are making me feel bad that my pledge won't exceed $20 XD I LIVE ON MY OWN AND HAVE BILLLLLLLLS UUUUUUUUUUUUGH

Hey as long as you pledge, its all fucking good! We're all supporters here! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah every little pledge is greatly appreciated, we all just wanna help :3

I'll prolly only donate around 10-20 myself, there are only so many Kickstarters I can support in quick succession 8(

Nice to see Shantae getting a console debut. I'm playing the original now and I've heard excellent things about Risky's Revenge.