Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

I will actually laugh if in the end will be voiced by Laura Bailey.

• Thumbs Up 2

One of Shantae's alternate costumes is clearly based on Patricia Wagon (from Mighty Switch Force).

Make this happen, people.

Oh, and EEE, another new Shantae! ^_____^ Between my first playing the original and Pirate's Curse later this year, now is a good time to be a fan.

I will actually laugh if in the end will be voiced by Laura Bailey.

God if that fucking happens I'll never hear the end of it from someone. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! 

• Thumbs Up 4

I THINK I've managed to pin down what I don't QUITE like about the style.  It looks really... flash animated?  It's all a bit smooth and layer-based, when I really imagined an HD Shantae as having animation more traditional and akin to say, Skull Girls or A Boy And His Blob.  The sprite animation in all three games has been gorgeously silky smooth with next to no "cheating", but this doesn't seem to be that.

I THINK I've managed to pin down what I don't QUITE like about the style.  It looks really... flash animated?  It's all a bit smooth and layer-based, when I really imagined an HD Shantae as having animation more traditional and akin to say, Skull Girls or A Boy And His Blob.  The sprite animation in all three games has been gorgeously silky smooth with next to no "cheating", but this doesn't seem to be that.

Something like this Jezzy?

malware site removed. don't hotlink, use image hosts.

Edited by Carbo

Doesn't seem to make much sense to start the Kickstarter in the middle of Mighty no. 9 hype, but I hope it reaches its goal. I haven't played a Shantae game but the trailer of Risky's Revenge looked really fun.

Woah, two new Shantae games incoming at once?

I was actually never that fond of the original art style; the in-game graphics always looked good, but the actual art looked pretty cheap. The two always clashed really badly whenever a dialogue scene started in Risky's Revenge. The new art style looks really cute, and I'd call it a big improvement aside from the Shantae-being-awkwardly-pale thing. The 3D backgrounds look way better than the ones in Ducktales, too.

(man please let us at least make it to Risky Mode)

Wait, doesn't she already have a "voice" though? I mean, the person who did the voice clips in Risky's Revenge whenever Shantae would attack and such?

...Was that Christina Vee doing the song?

God if that fucking happens I'll never hear the end of it from someone. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

It's gonna be her. The woman is dead set on being the new Tara Strong of videogames and Anime. Don't fight it, embrace it.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wait, doesn't she already have a "voice" though? I mean, the person who did the voice clips in Risky's Revenge whenever Shantae would attack and such?

Yeah, I assume she's the same one who did the voiceover for the iOS Risky's Revenge trailer too.  I'd like to hope they'd be consistent though at the same time I'd be cool with a new one if they are more talented, since the RR voice has only been heard in "optimistic blurb about the game" tone of voice.  Who knows what her talent as a voice actor is overall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I assume she's the same one who did the voiceover for the iOS Risky's Revenge trailer too.  I'd like to hope they'd be consistent though at the same time I'd be cool with a new one if they are more talented, since the RR voice has only been heard in "optimistic blurb about the game" tone of voice.  Who knows what her talent as a voice actor is overall.

I agree, though I do think it'd be cool if they kept the same VA in the same way that Rayman had the same VA in most if not all of his games in the past whether it was a "Gibberish-speaking" game or a "speaking in full sentences" game such as Rayman Arena/M and Rayman 3.

Haven't settled on how much I ultimately want to put toward this, but for now I've pledged $35. Looking like it'll be a good first day, being close to 25% of the initial goal. And I'm seeing more gaming blogs starting to report on this so hopefully word continues to spread.

Chipped in $20. Might as well get into Shantae with everyone talkin about it.

Kickstarter's becoming popular for video games lately...

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed they are.

Shoot, It would've been wiser for stupid Capcom to do a Kickstarter for Darkstalkers 4 over releasing a old game over again, people wanted a NEW game not a old one again for the billionth time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Indeed they are.

Shoot, It would've been wiser for stupid Capcom to do a Kickstarter for Darkstalkers 4 over releasing a old game over again, people wanted a NEW game not a old one again for the billionth time.

I don't think big name publishers will be using crowd sourcing all that much. That's what share holders are for. And said share holders might look down on said publisher if they have to resort to asking the public for handouts.

Awkward realisation (presumed spoilers for Pirate's Curse):

If she can transform in this that kinda puts a foregone conclusion onto Pirate's Curse that she WILL get her Genie powers back.  Unless this does turn out to be a prequel or a reboot, who knows.

If she can transform in this that kinda puts a foregone conclusion onto Pirate's Curse that she WILL get her Genie powers back.  Unless this does turn out to be a prequel or a reboot, who knows.

Given the fact that this is Shantae's first multiplatform game, it's either self contained or a functional reboot. No sense giving new players a plotline they don't understand if they haven't played the previous games(me among them)

The entire plot behind Pirate's Curse is based around her building back her powers, so this isn't really a spoiler.

I'm thinking it will be a sequel to Pirate's Curse anyway, but if this begins a new arc that's not a problem for new players.

That edited tan looks like she sprayed fake tan lol.

Anyways, I really hope some stretch goals are reached. I love any kind of optional shit in my video games.

AlsoKateHigginsforShantaeornobuy

That edited tan looks like she sprayed fake tan lol.

Anyways, I really hope some stretch goals are reached. I love any kind of optional shit in my video games.

AlsoKateHigginsforShantaeornobuy

I used the same colors from her Risky Revenge sprite. It was just a quick touch-up :C