Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

I used the same colors from her Risky Revenge sprite. It was just a quick touch-up :C

I guess it just clashes hard for me, and I think that's why they made her pale, lawl.

Though nice job in editing that.

When the heck is Pirates Curse coming out, or is it already out? The last I heard of that game was in one of the final issues of Nintendo Power.

When the heck is Pirates Curse coming out, or is it already out? The last I heard of that game was in one of the final issues of Nintendo Power.

Winter of this year, according to the description on the Kickstarter page.

The entire plot behind Pirate's Curse is based around her building back her powers, so this isn't really a spoiler.

...Oh yeah I totally forgot about that lol.

Last I heard was October, no exact date.

Not sure if I want to fund this, as I've only ever played a bit of Risky's Revenge. Not enough to form an opinion, but I just went and downloaded the game yesterday and am currently playing through it. It'll be the deciding factor on whether I want to back this or not.

Anyone know how involved the GBC title is to Risky's Revenge? Meaning, is Risky's Revenge an actual sequel? I was just wondering because I heard good things about the GBC title but never played it. Still working on beating Risky's Revenge then I plan on getting the 3DS title and obviously this new title.

Did the GBC re-release on the Eshop yet?

Not sure if I want to fund this, as I've only ever played a bit of Risky's Revenge. Not enough to form an opinion, but I just went and downloaded the game yesterday and am currently playing through it. It'll be the deciding factor on whether I want to back this or not.

If you don't want to fund the game because you're not sure about the game itself, fund it for WayForward.... they so Nito

Edited by LunarEdge

Anyone know how involved the GBC title is to Risky's Revenge? Meaning, is Risky's Revenge an actual sequel? I was just wondering because I heard good things about the GBC title but never played it. Still working on beating Risky's Revenge then I plan on getting the 3DS title and obviously this new title.

Did the GBC re-release on the Eshop yet?

It's on the eShop, yes.

Risky's Revenge follows up on the original but it's still it's own self-contained game.

Shantae isn't really friends with Rottytops at the start of Shantae 1 but aside from that the plots and characters are self-contained yeah.  The way Shantae is already chummy with everyone in Risky's Revenge is not much different to how she interacts with everyone on first meeting in the original.  There's a couple of jokes that reference stuff in Shantae 1 but aside from that there's nothing to lose from not playing it.

(Although, one major character difference actually is that Bolo is a total goofball in Shantae 1 and yet he's pretty calm and collected in Risky's Revenge (but still lets the occasional odd thought slip out).  It's kind of funny playing RR now because it makes it seem like he's trying REALLY hard to keep Shantae's respect lol).

Edited by JezMM

I own both Shantae games on the eShop but I haven't finished Risky's Revenge nor touched the GBC game at all yet. Even though I'm playing them out of order, I still intend on beating RR first, hopefully before Pirate's Curse comes out.

Actually speaking of the original game, check out this (pretty sure it's official) twitter account: https://twitter.com/Shantae_WF

Scroll all the way to the bottom and read upwards for a pretty cool recap of the first game, originally published in the leadup to Risky's Revenge.  It was sort of an "expanded" retelling of the story that implies she interacted with the rest of the cast for longer than she did in the actual game.  Very fun read.

Just finished Risky's Revenge and overall I thought it was a solid game. Though my biggest issues was that there wasn't enough to explore in this game, most of the supporting cast I didn't find all that memorable, and the bosses were rather pathetic barring the final one.

Guess I'll back 1/2 Genie Hero when I can.

Edited by Balding Spider

These three costume concepts are so perfect for individual reasons I cannot fathom which I am most excited for.

At the very least I hope that if there is Squid Baby finding in this one Shantae kicks them off-screen while wearing the MSF one.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

When I click on the kickstarter site the goal says 130,000 despite everybody saying 700k has been reached. Is their something wrong with the site or did I click on the wrong thing

When I click on the kickstarter site the goal says 130,000 despite everybody saying 700k has been reached. Is their something wrong with the site or did I click on the wrong thing

700k hasn't been reached. They just revealed what that stretch goal was. It was previously blacked out.

700k hasn't been reached. They just revealed what that stretch goal was. It was previously blacked out.
Oh ok thanks

The alternate costumes look awesome. But I'm worried that we won't get there. We're definitely past the first day rush, and if $100k was what was mustered then it's cause for concern, especially since it's only at $135k right now. Most likely will meet the initial goal but stretch goals look shaky at this point.

I too am worried.  I really want the bonus stretch goals but more than anything I want more chapters.  Unless they're long, 3 is not many at all for Shantae's first "big" game.  I mean Risky's Revenge had 3 "chapter" overall and it made for a 4-5 hour long game.  I'm kinda hoping for more I guess.

just put down $90. Figured Might No.9 is getting enough love so I'll give more of mine to WayForward. Mighty Switch Force alone entertains me so. Plus, I want that damn coin and physical CD OST among the other rewards

I love this theme, but the arabic-like techno seriously makes this song for me. Vee does add to it nicely tho'.

I hope the instrumental is on the OST tho'

Also those three outfits don't really seem as good as I hoped. Hopefully some more interesting ones pop up.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi