Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

I still like her pale, but I can live with this

I like her either way as well. I love Shantae too much to discriminate over a slight lack of tan XD

I can't wait to see what Jake Kaufman does with the OST for this game. I believe the pledges hit a bit over 178k as of now.... those numbers aren't rising fast enough

• Thumbs Up 3

Do you guy think they could have made a better kickstarter video? I believe Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter started off so well due to how great the video was to sell the game to backers (the digs at Capcom, Infune being so genuine, the references to Mega Man, ect), so maybe if WayFoward doing something like that could strike a similar cord to get more backers; have the video show how passionate they are of the Shantae series, how this will be the first original IP on all major home consoles, and show how mush effort they put into there work like they did with the Ducktails Remastered 'Duckumentry' vids they made.

I don't have a credit card to support ether this or Mighty No. 9, but I really hope that both get all the support they need to make amazing games; its so awesome to have big guys in the gaming industry asking us for help to get there creative visions come to like uncompromised smile.png.

Edited by RK64

The Kickstarter video is fine. It's succinct, to the point and details everything about the game that you need to know.

The only reason Mega Man 11 is doing better off is because of it's heritage and that fans are so desperate for any signs of life for a new game. That and all Inafune has to do to succeed at crowdfunding is show up on video, endorse the product (bonus points if he's being woeful and can't come up with new ideas) and his fans will support him come heaven and high hell.

There is a much larger base being catered to with the latter.

• Thumbs Up 4

Do you guy think they could have made a better kickstarter video? I believe Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter started off so well due to how great the video was to sell the game to backers (the digs at Capcom, Infune being so genuine, the references to Mega Man, ect), so maybe if WayFoward doing something like that could strike a similar cord to get more backers; have the video show how passionate they are of the Shantae series, how this will be the first original IP on all major home consoles, and show how mush effort they put into there work like they did with the Ducktails Remastered 'Duckumentry' vids they made.

I don't have a credit card to support ether this or Mighty No. 9, but I really hope that both get all the support they need to make amazing games; its so awesome to have big guys in the gaming industry asking us for help to get there creative visions come to like uncompromised smile.png.

I think Mighty No.9 is kinda overshadowing this to a tad. Wayforward should of waited a bit longer before revealing theirs if you ask me. It's hard to compete with Keiji Inafune. I hope they reach their goal and then some and seeing how much progress they made in 3 days, I'm confident.

Thinking it over though, unless they wanted to wait 'til next year, the best time to put up the 1/2GH kickstarter was now, M#9 aside.

If they decided to wait after Inafune's, then it's more likely that people would want their wallets to heal up first. However, not long after would we find ourselves in the Christmas shopping season, where the general public's money is more likely to go. We've got a string of excellent Wii U titles on their way as well as two consoles launching this holiday. With how much folks would invest on that end, it'll take a considerable amount of time for wallets to fill up again what with everyone on vacation and out of work for the most part.

So there was no better time than now unless we want to wait 'til late January at the earliest to fund this, thus delaying Shantae HD into 2015. A 2014 launch sounds more promising.

Thinking it over though, unless they wanted to wait 'til next year, the best time to put up the 1/2GH kickstarter was now, M#9 aside.

If they decided to wait after Inafune's, then it's more likely that people would want their wallets to heal up first. However, not long after would we find ourselves in the Christmas shopping season, where the general public's money is more likely to go. We've got a string of excellent Wii U titles on their way as well as two consoles launching this holiday. With how much folks would invest on that end, it'll take a considerable amount of time for wallets to fill up again what with everyone on vacation and out of work for the most part.

So there was no better time than now unless we want to wait 'til late January at the earliest to fund this, thus delaying Shantae HD into 2015. A 2014 launch sounds more promising.

I kinda just meant like, right after inafune's Kickstarter, so figure the beginning of October or near the end of September. Either way, before, during or after if people have that "let my wallet recover" mentality they're gonna have it either way. I agree though, having one before the Holiday season kicks in is smart and the best time

• Thumbs Up 2

I kinda just meant like, right after inafune's Kickstarter, so figure the beginning of October or near the end of September. Either way, before, during or after if people have that "let my wallet recover" mentality they're gonna have it either way. I agree though, having one before the Holiday season kicks in is smart and the best time

'sides, while the waiting period might have been the same should it be funded, late 2013 to 2014 sounds more appealing than early 2014 to 2015. Psychologically, the former doesn't sound as long as the other because we're almost at the end of this year, while the start of the next year into the following would just drive some folks nuts. tongue.png

It's unreasonable to expect Wayfroward to delay the Kickstarter at the drop of a hat just because another unrelated project just happened to get announced at the same time. There's no way they could've known what Keiji Inafune was planning, much less any other developer for that matter. They were planning this weeks in advance and set a date.

• Thumbs Up 5

That's really nice to see, but I can't help but think that it won't help much.

Now, if someone could get Game Grumps to promote this, then we'd be in business.

Egoraptor is close friends with Virt and a few other guys at WayForward. If someone sends it their way I'm sure they'd give it a plug.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Shantae there's ever been - I'm yet to fully complete Risky's Revenge and, though I've downloaded the GBC original on the eShop, I haven't yet got properly stuck in - I'm glad to see there's a new HD installment on the way. I absolutely loved what WayForward did with DuckTales Remastered's presentation so I'm pleased that Shantae will be taking a similar route, and everything else about it so far looks as solid as ever. Plus, dat theme song! Very impressed with that.

With the best part of a month still to go and the total at about the halfway point now, I see no reason why Half-Genie Hero won't get funded. However, unless the pace picks up quite soon, I think a lot of those later stretch goals are going to go unmet. Which is a shame, as I gather one of the Shantae series' main flaws is its short length - missing out on extra chapters and content will no doubt inflict the same issue upon this game. Methinks they need to put up some videos of Shantae bellydancing to entice some more pledges - if fanservice can't bring in the money, then nothing will :lol:

On a side note - does it slightly bother anyone else that the title screen calls the game "Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero"? Something about that fraction there just irks me. I love the Half-Genie Hero title, but only really in full written form.

Yes, I know I'm picky :P

I think even moreso than the extra chapters, I really want to assume the TV set of the last stretch goal implies fully animated cut-scenes maybe.  Q_Q  I want a Shantae cartoon so bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

xIAHvNw.png

I was thinking about getting this for the PS3 if they didn't announce a Vita version, but here it is.

Portable Shantae is best Shantae.

Who knows, we may be luckily to get some sort of Cross Buy Deal. HEY!..............a man can dream

Team Reveal: Skullgirls’ Mariel Cartwright!

oc4hi4u.png

If you haven’t heard of Mariel Cartwright, you’ve no doubt seen her work. Mariel is the Lead Animator for the much acclaimed 2D fighter Skullgirls. She’s also the person behind the amazing animations you’ve seen in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero!

During her time off from Skullgirls, Mariel created all of the rough animation for Shantae’s new HD move-set… ready stances, hair-whips, running, jumping, ducking, crawling… dozens of sequences in all. We’re thrilled to have her as part of the team! Let’s bug her with some questions...

Continued on the Kickstarter page.

Darn she must be busy considering she's hard at work minimum-wagin' on Skullgirls at the moment as well.

But it's great to hear! She's a fantastic artist and animator. She'll really bring Shantae to life.

/skullgirls fanboy moment