Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

Update #15 - Animation Department Interview!

Happy Monday! We're right on the edge of 300K, which means we're 75% of the way to funding this project!  Thank you everyone for making this happen!

Today we’ve got something special for you: a video featuring Armando Soto (Head of WF Animation department) and Jesse Lopez (Lead Animator on Shantae Half-Genie Hero).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/600818

What is this magical program that lets you draw big strokes and then just automatically trim off the edges like that.

Toon Boom I think they said, I never heard of the program before, but I want it now.

EDIT: Found the Website: https://www.toonboom.com/

For the actual program it cost $249, for the other ones like the Pro version, they can cost like  more than $1,000, so prepare to fork over a lot of dough, but if your going into animation and cartooning, it's definately recommended.

Shoot any program that can automatically trim edges off with ease like that is damn valuable, so heck yeah if I can spare some cash in the future, I'm picking that up.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Less than 100K away from their goal....bastards better keep giving WayForward your hard earned money.... I want my damn coin and CD XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man that pic of Shantae with Beck is basically a Kickstarter fangasm haha

Also dayum that artwork from Pirate's Curse is looking very nifty

but all of those games are shit

That's cool, although I'm not sure what Mega Man gameplay has to do with Shantae.

There the developers of the handheld megamans along with 9 and 10 though im not really a big fan of 9 and 10 but there handheld games are awesome after recently playing them so its basically a guarantee that this game will be awesome, not saying that wayforward doesn't do a great job either but its nice to see inti getting some exposure.

Update #16 - MEGA-SIZE Team Reveal: Mega Man developer Inti Creates! WHAAAAAT?!

It also looks like Inti Creates has been working on Pirate's Curse as well:

image-328046-full.jpg?1379443903

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

Holy shit, I seriously did not see this coming.

This made me like.... 100x more excited for the game. It's like WayForward with Shantae is working with Capcom again before they stopped caring for Mega Man. You can definitely see the MMZ in that picture of Shantae.

Also... I know I'm being a pain but...um....

Less than 70K to go....so yeah....pledge that money or I'll find you. I want my damn Coin XD

Edited by LunarEdge

Update #17 - Creativity abounds at the Sequin Land Art Museum!

6A8gpcc.png

SEQUIN LAND ART MUSEUM:  This gallery is located in the world of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, and will open shortly after your quest begins. This is YOUR TIME TO SHINE!
BECK FAN ART! We don’t just collect fan art, we also make our own! Here’s what we think Shantae would look like sporting Beck’s armor from Mighty No. 9, made just for you Beckers! Isn’t she adorable? No, this is not one of our unlockable costumes, but we think it’s awfully cute.vRTqEnn.png
Edited by Cola

I find it kinda heartwarming that Shantae and MN9 are in a mutuallly beneficial relationship, supporting eachother and giving eachoter exposure and what not.

• Thumbs Up 6