Awoo.

Sonic Lost World First Play Charity Marathon on October 26th - THE PRIZES HOLY CRAP

Jeffhog

...now that's a mouthful of a title if I've ever seen one.

In any case, let's bring us a ray of sunshine and positivity to this subforum, eh? Let's turn that frown upside down and talk about raising charity for the ill of health!

Taken straight from the front page for a brand spanking new topic of happiness and joy in the Sonic Lost World subforum!

promo.jpg

David Oxford, writer for Nintendo Force magazine, and Ian Flynn, writer for Archie Comics’ Sonic the HedgehogSonic Universe, and Mega Man series, are teaming up for a start-to-finish blind playthrough of SEGA’s upcoming Sonic Lost World to raise some money for charity!

Hosted by Nyteworks, the pair seek to raise $1000-1500 (but you know what they say: the more, the merrier!) over the course of 24 hours for the Sick Kids Foundation, the fundraising branch of the Toronto-based The Hospital for Sick Children.

You can pester Flynn with various questions concerning the comics, participate in raffles to win prizes via known sponsors Nintendo Force and UDON Entertainment (publisher of The History of Sonic the Hedgehog), and even request games to be played should they finish their Lost Hex romp early!

However... there's a catch. While the mission in itself is noble, they won’t be able to accomplish their goal without the proper equipment.

promo1.jpg

The Sonic Lost World First Play Charity Marathon needs a bit of a boost of up to $750 for quality tools, so Oxford and Flynn are turning to crowdfunding via Indiegogo in order to make the charity event a reality. Perks of contributing include shout-outs and promotions of almost anything (so long as it is within reason), so for the charity and the equipment fundraiser of the charity…

Please think of the children. The poor, sick children.

Yeah, that’s right, I’m guilt-tripping you. Is it working? Yes? Good!

If you don't, I'm gonna go full on Sarah McLachlan super sad commercials on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9d2PpP7tQ

You don't want me to go full on Sarah McLachlan super sad commercials on you.

You can help these guys out either by donating or by spreading the word. This thread will serve to keep track of the fundraising and post updates whenever possible, as well as keeping score of the charity event once it goes live!

All I can think about is how fun this blind playthrough is gonna be next month. All the unexpected deaths! All the wrong moves! The hijinks! It's gonna be fun!

• Thumbs Up 2

ugh, going to be so hard to resist watching since I asked for the game for my B-day which is Nov(I am in college, and dont have a job, its the easier solution), but it is a noble cause!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to remind that they reached their $900 goal. It'll be pretty awkward watching them play the North American version of Sonic Lost World considering that it had been banned delayed to the 29th of October.    

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the delay, with special thanks to SEGA, Oxford and Flynn's charity event is to proceed as planned this Saturday!

AND HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP THE PRIZES!

• Four green Sonic Lost World lanyards from the Sonic Boom 2013 convention, featuring images of the Deadly Six and Sonic on one side, and the game’s logo on the other;
  • Four digital one-year subscriptions to Nintendo Force magazine;
  • 12 different Archie Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe comic collections and magazines, and;
  • Four hardcover first editions of UDON Entertainment’s The History of Sonic the Hedgehog book!

And the two grand prizes?

• One customized Sonic Lost World ”thank you” illustration, featuring the winner’s name, by fan-favorite Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man artist Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante!
  • One Wii U Deluxe Set from Nintendo with a copy of Sonic Lost World!

...I think there's plenty of incentive to tune in and donate to Sick Kids Foundation this weekend, right?

More details here!

Sweet prizes. Is this open to people outside of the US? Probably going to donate regardless anyway...

Sweet prizes. Is this open to people outside of the US? Probably going to donate regardless anyway...

Everything but the Wii U, which is limited to North America.

They've been stuck in Lava mountain zone 2 for the past hour i don't know if this is funny or sad

Edited by Dejimon11
  • Thumbs Up 1

What the fuck, tried to watch it on Twitch but there's no part one, it starts at Frozen Factory

what the fuck, Twitch?