Awoo.

Jobseekers forced to dance at job interview.

Stacy

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-humiliated-dance-interview-180437712.html#N5dNX7v

Jobseekers where forced to dance at a job interview for a job at the Electronics Chain Currys.

Twat Interviewer:

man-suit-angry-pointing-istock.jpg

"Dance or fuck off!".

Jobseeker:

tumblr_lrnkjl4qOw1r1uce1o3_250.gif#Carlt

"Please give me the job, please give me the job".

Is this a joke? In times when things are tough this last people need to be forced to do. I feel bad for the Jobseekers some of them probably put a lot effort into preparing for the interview only to be forced to dance.

What is also humiliating is the Jobseeker in article was turned down.

What is next? A fight to death, Joker Style?huh.png

Unbelievable. 

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd just have walked out. It may have meant that I definitely would not have got the job but who would want to work for a twat like that?

• Thumbs Up 2

Jobseeker: Are you not entertained!?

Employer: No. do a little dance for us.

hqdefault.jpg

Seriously though, this is degrading.

Edited by PSI Wind
  • Thumbs Up 1

This makes me feel sick. Being out of a job is awful, it hurts your self-esteem like nothing else. Now, imagine being forced to fucking dance for a job, like a performing monkey.

This twat should be sent down for this, I hope he loses his fucking job...then he'd see how it feels to be out of it. Cunt...

...I just have strong feelings towards this...

• Thumbs Up 6

Well this is certainly not new, for example, in many Zumies (not all of them) here in the States dancing is part of the job interview. It's surprising I haven't seen this sooner on the news.

The poor and unemployed have been stripped of their dignity for years. I'm frankly surprised this doesn't happen more often in places where dancing isn't a job requirement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been turned down from even getting interviews for odd reasons. I did work experience at GAME during school. Then a year or so ago I submitted an applcation form and my CV (which stated I have had experience working with the company) to a different store  (the one I worked at got shut down) and they refused to give me an interview because I have Aspergers. They said that "they wouldn't know how to work with someone who had it."

I would have danced...then give him the largest middle finger I have.

So... you have differing sizes of middle fingers? tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 9

That was totally unprofessional. What has dancing got to do with serving customers at a place where all the gadgets, electronics and electrical items sell?

I'm guessing the interviewer wanted it to be an ice breaker? Also how were they 'forced' to dance?

I've known managers get you to play games, build models from stuff (like cardboard tubes etc) and do role-plays to break the ice before doing a group interview.

I'm not excusing this, it sounds like a serious error in judgement.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had to dance at a job interview before. Completely serious.

It was for a bowling alley/movie theater/roller rink place where the employees were obligated to occasionally get up and dance for the customers just for the heck of it.

I outdanced all them squares.

Didn't get the job, 'tho. :\

If you outdanced everyone but didn't get the job anyway.... I would pay money to see a recreation of that.

• Thumbs Up 3

the first thing they asked us to do was to split up into two groups and awkwardly dance with each other for them."

A few hours after the interview he received a phone call where Currys "let me know that I wouldn't fit in with the team".

It sounds like this is a really bizarre team exercise rather than "dance for my amusement, peon!" as one can be quick to conclude. It sounds like he was rejected on the basis of not being able to work well with a team member. It sounds weird but I can kind of see the logic: dancing is as spontaneous as any other issue that can come up in the workplace, and the idea is you will be able to improvise.

Never mind you want employees to be socially cohesive so they can work easier with each other; you want your employees to be friends with each other (but, you know, not so friendly they try to unionise). To demonstrate the importance of camaraderie, imagine how quick a military would fall apart if you didn't come to think of the guy next to you as a brother.

This may not be the best way to do it but it sounds like there's a lot more to this than rich people exploiting poor people.

Some movie retailers apparently ask you to act out a scene from your favorite movie during the interview, meanwhile.

It's just bloody unnecessary. I can understand spontaneity, but if you ever have to be in a situation where you had to dance when working as a customer advisor in Curry's, then something has fucked up badly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Gauging one's ability to act to spontaneous situations and work together is fine, but not every test of such is directly relevant to every position of the job or even tasteful. To throw job interviewees in a situation that's only relevant in the absolute broadest of terms and equate being asked to freestyle on the spot with strangers in a retail job only induces confusion, fear, humiliation, embarrassment, and spite. And clearly the company feels the same otherwise they wouldn't be reviewing the guy who told them to do this.

• Thumbs Up 1