Awoo.

sonic 1 2 and 3 remade in ubiart

Minuteworld

I think Sonic Generations classic Sonic did well in regards of better quality, but I would not mind playing all of the classics in that style. That would be great, but it has to be done exactly right, I believe.

I doubt they are ever going to partner with Ubisoft, but neither should they have to in order to make it look fantastic as it did in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 6

Why remake? Why not make something new? Why not take this as an opportunity to make something even better?

Fuck yeah something new! Can't go wrong with that!

sonic-4-1-580x361.jpg

j/k I know what you mean and totally agree.

Any new 2D Sonic game with a strong art style would get a yes from me. But I don't see why it would need to be Ubi Art. I'mnot a massive fan of the way that art style in the new Rayman games. Most of the animations are made up of distortions and rotations instead of individual frames. It's good for the style they've gone for and works to perfection with the character design, but for a Sonic game I'd much rather have individual frames and something a bit more traditional. And with that it's sort of... what does UbiArt have to offer over other engines?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would love to see a hand-drawn style for 2D games. Fuck, if they could make a hand-drawn style work for 3D in a vain similar to Ni no Kuni, or Valkyria Chronicles, where the textures look like they're painted, I would be down with that too.

Now I know origins is a tenuous link, and I don't even know of the game goes into the origins of Rayman and co. but I would love to see a Classic styled Sonic game with the FIRST time Sonic ever encountered Eggman, maybe he would be a bit more serious or naive, really I'd just like to see the first adventure and how they would have interacted the first time around.

Sorry if its off topic but the title kinda make my mind trail off into this

I'm all for a new ORIGINAL 2D Sonic game very similar to Rayman Origins but I'm pretty sick of remakes and rehashes of the classic Sonic games in general.

Edited by sonfan1984

Now I know origins is a tenuous link, and I don't even know of the game goes into the origins of Rayman and co. but I would love to see a Classic styled Sonic game with the FIRST time Sonic ever encountered Eggman, maybe he would be a bit more serious or naive, really I'd just like to see the first adventure and how they would have interacted the first time around.

Sonic 1 is the first adventure. The absolute last thing the series needs is an origins story.

No Remakes, new ideas are abound. We could just have a brand new 2D game. One that could have close enough physics, classic style level design, multiple(2-4) playable characters(in the sense of Mario bros. 2 USA)who all have uniqe abilities to differ, and not have a Super Sonic boss for once. It'd be great. Make use of any of the other characters and maybe have one focused on a different Character.

Sonic 1 is the first adventure. The absolute last thing the series needs is an origins story.

I was going by the Japanese manual, but yeah now thinking about it, it wouldn't have worked, you'd have only Sonic and no soindash

I actually wasn't a fan much the Generations classic levels' style because of how hectic it could be sometimes with all this stuff in the foreground and background. I know it's just me though since not a lot of others complained about this, but sometimes it would just be too much of a toll on my eyes rather than something I enjoy.

I don't think making it in the style of Rayman Legends would kinda go well with Sonic... I don't know, it would just feel kinda weird (at least the way I imagine it does). I'd like to see something more like LW honestly if they were to make more 2D games. A simple artstyle that's easy on the eyes but still visually pleasant. 

I honestly feel like the classic level designs in Generations were pretty great, just that the gameplay itself didn't lend too incredibly towards them. If we got another 2D-based Sonic then I'd really enjoy something like the SLW gameplay with less difference between walk and run mode, with proper rolling physics and Gens Classic level design and it'd be pretty sweet.

Granted I'd prefer classic Gens layout mentality applied to a 3D Sonic rather than be like current 3D Sonic level design, but if I get rolling and slopes then I'd settle for a 2D game.

Edited by Azookara

I'd rather there only be strong implications of a (potentially darker) past between Eggman and Sonic. An origin story could never live up to expectation so its better to leave it shrouded in mystery. Makes things more interesting, and can give us more to discuss.

• Thumbs Up 1

Echoing everyone else that I'd like to see an original Sonic game with a artstyle similar to Rayman Origins but not a remake of past Sonic games with said style.

I'd rather there only be strong implications of a (potentially darker) past between Eggman and Sonic. An origin story could never live up to expectation so its better to leave it shrouded in mystery. Makes things more interesting, and can give us more to discuss.

You could make an origin story game and still have it unclear on what actually happened. Like you could have Sonic take notice of Eggman stirring up trouble for the first time (or at least making an unsuccessful attempt to-like he could have "prototypes" for what would become the series' iconic badniks/bosses or something, or seeing him get inspirations from powering animals with badniks and/or learning about the legend of the Chaos Emeralds) but he would still not know where Eggman came from-basically a "this is the first time we met/we became enemies" event rather than a full introduction/backstory. Preferably the setting would be Sonic's birthplace Christmas Island (going off the older game manuals/bios/info). Nevertheless I still understand where you're coming from.

Edited by Yeow

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm already satisfied with the Taxman ports of the classic titles, but would I like to see a Sonic game with an art style similar to Rayman Legends? Sure, why not. 

stardustspeedwaygoodfut.png

I'd hope it would look something like this.

YES! I use this image as my wallpaper all the time, I can't get enough of it. As unnecessary as remaking the Classic titles would be, I would be perfectly satisfied if the art style were to look like that.

I'd be all for a HD 2D game, I'd prefer a new game but let's be honest, Sonic 1 & " aren't going anywhere, SEGA's gonna keep re-releasing them time and time again because they're easy money. So yes, I'd happily buy a remake of those games with updated art, if nothin' else it'd be a welcome change to simply being asked to buy the same game over and over and over and over and over and-

Going to echo the majority here and say that I'd much rather an original game be made in the style than yet another remake.  I don't know if I want it to look like Rayman Origins, but I would love it if it were in the 2-D hand-drawn format.

However, I really don't care if they do or not.  As others have said, they shouldn't have to partner with Ubisoft to make a game with an art style that stands out, and plus, I've been pretty content with most of the 2-D sidescrollers we've had anyway.

Edited by Akito

"What if?" topics that will obviously never happen are tough discussions to sustain and I honestly don't think much can be gleaned out of this thread despite the responses here being perfectly fine. (You guys didn't shit up the topic! I'm genuinely proud of you all.) I also want to state that you need to put more effort into your posts; you need to work on your content and grammar, and so far all of your posts have been single short sentences.