Awoo.

EB Expo 2013 - Sydney, Australia October 4-6 (Plus, Sonic Australia's 1st Meetup)

Tani Coyote

I may not be an Aussie, but I figured I’d start this topic anyway! That way anyone who’s in the country and able to find the time and reosurces to attend can do so; I know for a fact that gaming conventions are a load of fun after my experience at one a few weeks ago. smile.png

The EB Expo is going to be held in Sydney, Australia from October 4th to 6th at the Sydney Olympic Park. As it stands the three-day passes are already sold out but individual half-days are still available for 39 AUD!

There’s a full list of scheduled events here. Besides the free swag that comes with these sorts of things, there’s the likely possibility of playing Sonic Lost World given Nintendo and SEGA’s presence at the event. I’m presuming that since EB Games is owned by Gamestop, that the EB Expo will have SEGA rooming with Nintendo for titles such as Lost World and Bayonetta II. Don’t forget that means there’s a high chance of being able to get a picture with Sonic! ...I confess I'm unaware if there's a Sonic mascot suit in Australia, however.

Besides being a delight for gamers in general, I think fellow forum members would be particularly happy to hear that Sonic Australia will be holding its inaugural meetup at Sydney Olympic Park on October 4th. It is a casual meet rather than a formal event, so there are no set hours and folks may come and go as they please. Here is the Facebook page for the event if anyone is interested in going.

Edited by Boss Ogilvie

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tani Coyote

• Vectorman

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness EB games is still alive? I thought Gamestop bought all EB games stores up?

They did; EB Games still exists as a subsidiary of Gamestop in some places. It's the usual decision to keep the old brand name where it'd be more recognisable.

Likewise it seems this convention originated only one year before the Expo Gamestop holds in the States... seems like the company really wants to get in on PAX and E3's action.

I just ponder if there's a Sonic mascot out in Australia myself, given that SEGA Australia was shutting down...? Or would they just fly in the one from the States or Europe?

Edited by Boss Ogilvie