Awoo.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4/XBONE/360/PS3/PC)

Blue Wisp

before you mention it no those consoles aren't finalized so we still have chances of getting a Wii U version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khl02WOSfXQ

(From IGN) Valiant Hearts takes place between 1914 and 1918 and tells the story of five characters: Emile, a French farmer who goes looking for his son-in-law and becomes a prisoner of war after his first battle. Freddie, an American soldier fighting in honor of his fallen wife. Ana, a field medic surrounded by blood and tragedy. George, a British pilot who lied about knowing how to fly. And Karl, a German soldier who is in love with Emile’s daughter. These five are joined by an adorable dog who intersects with each of their stories and helps them on their path.

Might be me, but from the looks of it this will be that one game that brings to you (borderline?) tears when you finish it. Trailer alone gave me a bit of goosebumps. But either way, Valiant Hearts is going to be a 2D sidescroller developed with UbiArt Framework (coughraymanoriginscough) and according to Ubisoft the game will feature challenges/puzzles that get more harder as the game passes on. The dog will be quite relevant to the story, as said above, and can be interacted with.

Apparently you can choose what to do in a puzzle, for example (quoting IGN) "the same bone you use to complete a puzzle can be thrown instead to play fetch with the dog." And in the demo the IGN guys could use the touchpad on the Dualshock 4 and rub the dog's belly, so a Wii U version miiiiight be possible considering that being a thing. At this point I can say that the game looks gorgeous, and I really like the story. 

It's coming out next year for PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Consoles aren't final, so changes are possible. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Wisp

• Marcello

• Chaos Warp

• Mando-Whirl-Wind

Popular Days

I really hope it comes to Wii U because it looks gorgeous, and it's the kind of game that the Wii U's userbase would eat up.

But, what makes you say the consoles aren't finalised? Usually the announced platforms are all we get, I don't see why it'd be any different this time.

I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the art style, but everything else sounds really great. Can't wait.

Kind of weird so see Child of Light confirmed for Wii U, but not this. Also surprised by the lack of Vita version for both.

Edited by MarcelloF

Whoever designed UbiArt is a genius. It can be used for so many genres and art-styles.

Not to mention that it seems to lower development costs a lot so that games that didn't sell a lot can still turn enough of a profit to warrant a sequel in the greedy unsympathetic eyes of the publisher.

Edited by Chaos Warp