Awoo.

"Puyo Puyo Tetris!" (Switch, PS4, PC) STEAM RELEASE CONFIRMED

Indigo Rush

Its in Nintendo NY, looks like its getting localized. I don't see any of the Puyo Puyo characters, though...

15 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Its in Nintendo NY, looks like its getting localized. I don't see any of the Puyo Puyo characters, though...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll buy it for sure in the hopes that it gets Nintendo/Intelligent Systems to finally localize a proper Panel de Pon... and make a new damn Panel de Pon in general (without replacing the fairies with characters from other Nintendo IP)...

As a fan of the cute art style, and a certain someone getting me interested in it...

*cough* @SurrealBrain*cough*

...I'm hopefully gonna pick this up. The biggest question remains, though.

Will I get it on PS4 or Switch? Hmmm... decisions, decisions....

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

As a fan of the cute art style, and a certain someone getting me interested in it...

*cough* @SurrealBrain*cough*

...I'm hopefully gonna pick this up. The biggest question remains, though.

Will I get it on PS4 or Switch? Hmmm... decisions, decisions....

If you can get it on both coughcough

• Thumbs Up 4

I'll most likely at least get the PS4 release, if I don't have a Switch by the time it comes out.

But this is very, very good news, and I thought it'd never happen.

Now, what to do with my Japanese PS3 copy...

• 1 year later...

Steam / PC version incoming, lads

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/05/sega-teasing-puyo-puyo-tetris-steam/

9a0518cca982fe664b3b123f4bcc6a12a5cb7433

It is looking like Sega is preparing another port of Puyo Puyo Tetris. Except this time, the game could be coming to PCs. On February 5, 2018, two news updates appeared on the Steam listings for Bayonetta, Binary Domain and Vanquish. The Bayonetta news post and Binary Domain listing show ASCII art of Puyos, while Vanquish’s update shows a Z-tetromino. These are the only three Sega games on Steam with updates teasing the game so far.

Puyo Puyo Tetris first appeared on the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in Japan in 2014, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions following later that year. In 2017, it appeared on the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch worldwide. The game mashes up both Puyo Puyo and Tetris together, offering multiple game modes, a campaign and the ability to play only Puyo Puyo or Tetris.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is immediately available on the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 worldwide.

Finally; if this is what it (obviously) looks like, then Puyo Puyo Tetris just became even more accessible to newcomers in the West.

Lord willing I make it to the release alive, or that this isn't some elaborate, cruel joke, I'm finally going to be able to play this game.

How many of you have missed out on Puyo Puyo? You're running out of excuses now!

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

How many of you have missed out on Puyo Puyo? You're running out of excuses now!

EYLny6d.png

I won't be running out of them anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

EYLny6d.png

I won't be running out of them anytime soon.

..oh

oh.

WHY.

Why on earth is it region locked?!

Well. Someone's gonna crack the game for sure.

I'm going to purchase it to show my support for the series, and well, I really want to play it. I hate that they're still relying on Denuvo.

SEGA Europe can really go fuck themselves. Their practices are incredibly unfriendly to their would-be loyal consumers. You don't localise a niche game for the first time in years and throw up all these hurdles. I'm glad I have the game already on the Switch, because I'll be avoiding the PC version for the time being, unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Sean said:

Also the game is fucking region locked.

https://steamdb.info/app/546050/

ORtCCzz.png

If you live in any of these countries then you can officially go fuck yourself!

Might have something to do with Tetris, though, not with Puyo.

I heard its license is weird.

Anyway, I'm excited for this release, Denuvo or not, it's the first time Puyo gets released on PC, that I'm aware of, so I'm just happy to see this happening.

I'm hoping they port Project Diva on Steam next.

• Thumbs Up 1

Puyo Pop Fever had a PC release. You can find a download of it easily even, and it has English support.

8 hours ago, Sonikko said:

Might have something to do with Tetris, though, not with Puyo.

I heard its license is weird.

I believe that Ubisoft is to blame this time around because while the Tetris Company still exists, Ubisoft are the current rights holders.  Sega making this game by showing that they already had three versions of their own (Bloxeed, Flashpoint, and Tetris proper) and were giving Ubisoft the middle finger by throwing Puyo Puyo into the mix.  Also remember that Nintendo had Tetris Axis and the original Game Boy version available on the 3DS eShop until 2015 when Ubisoft forced the takedown.

Already own the Switch version, and the fact it has Denuvo too kinda turns me off of it...

...But at the same time, the fact it has dual audio makes it tempting to me as well. Seriously, though, that alone would make me buy this if I didn’t already own it on Switch.

But really, though, why haven’t they bothered localizing Chronicles yet? Seriously, I would have totally took a localization of that game over this PC port. I really want to play it.

I already have the game on PS4 and Vita, but glad it's coming to PC.

Is Denuvo still a problem? Last I checked you are able to play offline with no issues.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:17 PM, The Somewhat Inactive One said:

But really, though, why haven’t they bothered localizing Chronicles yet? Seriously, I would have totally took a localization of that game over this PC port. I really want to play it.

Maybe they feel that international fans would be turned off by the RPG aspect? I dunno, just a guess.

Personally, I'd give it a shot. And I'm honestly not a huge Puyo Puyo fan, aside from Mean Bean Machine when I was a kid.