Awoo.

Is Sonic Lost World more hyped than SM3DWorld?

Narukami07

Mariotahplumber seems more relaxed then he was ages ago and I agree with him about mario 3d world being 3d land let's just hope I'm wrong and it kicks galaxy's ass.

Edited by Time Eater

Eh... I'm more excited for Mario 3D World now after seeing that trailer, but the hype just doesn't beat Lost World for me. It's probably because I'm not that big on Mario games. 

I will admit, the newest Mario 3D World trailer was much better than the E3 trailer imo. E3 trailer just left me with an "Ehhh.... I *might* pick this game up after it drop in price/it's been a few years/never." 

There's so much error in the above post that I don't even know where to begin with it.

Super Mario 3D World isn't a port of 3D Land with some elements added to it, and quite frankly what you say is a massive disservice to the game. Take yourself over to the Super Mario 3D World topic if you really want to engage in a proper debate, because everything that you said is flat out wrong.

More to the point, Sonic Lost World isn't catering to one audience. If it was, the game would not look the way it did, nor would it play the way it did.

I am only wrong in your eyes but many other people will be agreeing with me. Sonic lost world does cater to one audience as I have to play as a long quilled sonic while the sonic I love is reduced to the extra life icon.

Well good news to all! The Sonic of Lost World and of the classics are the one and the same! Same animation stylizations, same personality, same motives, same everything. Lost World Sonic's spikes are even somewhat shorter this time!

If you think different colored eyes, shoe soles, and a slightly more oblong torso makes all the difference, then well, I'm sorry. They just don't matter that much. XD

And Mario 3D Land just isn't the same game as 3D Land by any margin. They share, what, the same base camera angle, classic powerups, and "Super Mario 3D--" in the title? Yeah. SM3DWorld has heavily proven itself to be more than the title before it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well good news to all! The Sonic of Lost World and of the classics are the one and the same! Same animation stylizations, same personality, same motives, same everything. Lost World Sonic's spikes are even somewhat shorter this time!

If you think different colored eyes, shoe soles, and a slightly more oblong torso makes all the difference, then well, I'm sorry. They just don't matter that much. XD

And Mario 3D Land just isn't the same game as 3D Land by any margin. They share, what, the same base camera angle, classic powerups, and "Super Mario 3D--" in the title? Yeah. SM3DWorld has heavily proven itself to be more than the title before it.

Actually sonic still looks like anime goku long quilled while the classic sonic is the life icon. They should be appealing to both fanbases. Sega almost got the badnik designs right but not quite motobug still  has 2 spots for no reason and every other badnik is in a chibi form. They do look better than generations though. I am only going to be purchasing the 3ds sonic lost world for online. The console version looks horrible. I really can't say my reasons though because people will back lash me.

Mario 3d world is doing what the new super Mario bros series is doing. Which is reference older game elements without being original. Putting one fursuit power up in the game calling it a new game. No unique title, gameplay, or physics. Just reusing 3d land physics and some galaxy physics. I can't platform anywhere I want now like Mario 64 because  I am timed to complete a stage and find a flag pole which is BS. No innovation and no online for 1s party titles. Its 2013 Nintendo needs to do online.

Every single enemy in Sonic Lost World are classic badniks. Even the game feels way more classic than the boost trilogy games.

Edited by KrazyBean

Yeesh.  I see why everyone hates this guy.

Dude, you arguments are basically "I don't like how it looks and that's why I'm right.".  If you don't think SM3DW has a shred of originality after seeing the newest trailer, you're just wrong.  There's no opinion about it.  You're just wrong.

As far as Sonic's looks...it's fucking 2013.  Get the fuck over it already.  He's been Modern Sonic longer than he was ever Classic Sonic.

Every single enemy in Sonic Lost World are classic badniks. Even the game feels way more classic than the boost trilogy games.

Sonic Generations is the most classic game so far. Though the badniks have more classic features as the one in generations they are still too chibi and motobug shouldn't have spots.

Edited by Sonic 1

Yeesh.  I see why everyone hates this guy.

This is the most tactless way you could've opened your post. Reign it back in.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Classic Sonic permanently replaced Modern Sonic, I would not be happy at all. Classic Sonic is over glorified and underpowered IMO. I don't mind getting rid of the boost, but degrading Sonic back to a child is something I would not tolerate.

Edited by Wil348
  • Thumbs Up 2

If Classic Sonic permanently replaced Modern Sonic, I would not be happy at all. Classic Sonic is over glorified and underpowered IMO.

It would be nice to permanently replace him but they don't even care for the fans that enjoy him to give him his own sub series. Nope every game is stained with modern bias.

Edited by Sonic 1

It would be nice to permanently replace him but they don't even care for the fans that enjoy him to give him his own sub series. Nope every game is stained with modern bias.

...it's not 'Modern Bias,' it's the fact that it's Sonic modern design that's been used for over 10 years now. It's not a 'stain' on the games either, it's just his design.

...it's not 'Modern Bias,' it's the fact that it's Sonic modern design that's been used for over 10 years now. It's not a 'stain' on the games either, it's just his design.

Sonic Generations says hi because they use Sonic's earliest design compared to the latest. Its not outdated its that they decide not to use it. The Sonic1sonic is a good looking sonic look how cool he looks in generations.

Sonic Generations says hi because they use Sonic's earliest design compared to the latest. Its not outdated its that they decide not to use it. The Sonic1sonic is a good looking sonic look how cool he looks in generations.

Sonic Generations used that design because the concept of the game was based on nostalgia. Nothing else.

SEGA don't have some obligation to appeal to the Classic fans. They own the series, they can do whatever they want, and if that involves taking Sonic and his 'Modern' design forward, that's their choice.

Sonic Generations used that design because the concept of the game was based on nostalgia. Nothing else.

SEGA don't have some obligation to appeal to the Classic fans. They own the series, they can do whatever they want, and if that involves taking Sonic and his 'Modern' design forward, that's their choice.

Yeah so basically your saying they screw over the classic fans which make them successful in the first place and cater to the bias modern fans who think of sonic as some dbz show. Very unprofessional of a company.

Before u say it sonic 2 had super sonic first and 7 emeralds.

Sonic 3 had super sonic with green eyes and 7 emeralds and hyper form with  super emeralds and angel island.

I know this btw.

But in sa2 (one of the most overated sonic games ever) makes sonics personality change to Goku way too much and been like that ever since.

Just look back and imagine staring at the sonic 1 box without knowning modern sonic exist. How does a cartoon hedgehog like this ever get associated to dragonball z now.

If you want to know what I am talking about take this for instance. I was searching news for sonic lost world and ran into this video. This is the most disgusting thing I seen for sonic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB2CFp_GaWw

Its sonic today that give people the wrong idea behind him.

Edited by Sonic 1

...but they aren't screwing over classic fans.

And modern fans don't think of it as 'some dbz show.'

Seriously, SEGA was successful for more than just Sonic. What about the hugely successful arcade division? That may not have hit the heights Sonic did, but that's not to rule it out completely.

And again, they aren't 'screwing over' classic fans because they don't use Classic Sonic anymore, that's just a fact of life. Things change. Modern Sonic is well received, or he wouldn't still be around. There's no need for them to go back to Classic if the current design is a success. 

EDIT:

Before u say it sonic 2 had super sonic first and 7 emeralds.

Sonic 3 had super sonic with green eyes and 7 emeralds and hyper form with  super emeralds and angel island.

I know this btw.

Yeah, and funnily enough I know it too.

Edited by Tracker

The only Classic fan that hates the modern design is you Sonic 1. In fact nowadays most of the fan base prefer Modern Sonic's character model to Classic's.

Edited by Wil348

...but they aren't screwing over classic fans.

And modern fans don't think of it as 'some dbz show.'

Seriously, SEGA was successful for more than just Sonic. What about the hugely successful arcade division? That may not have hit the heights Sonic did, but that's not to rule it out completely.

And again, they aren't 'screwing over' classic fans because they don't use Classic Sonic anymore, that's just a fact of life. Things change. Modern Sonic is well received, or he wouldn't still be around. There's no need for them to go back to Classic if the current design is a success. 

EDIT:

Yeah, and funnily enough I know it too.

Modern fans do think of it as Dbz as proven in one of the videos I linked that isn't the only user that thinks so though. Its just the most basic way to show my facts. Facebook poll before sonic generations says other wise as 20k people voted classic sonic only  7k voted modern. The general public prefers classic sonic yet, they do not change business tactics.

Modern fans do think of it as Dbz as proven in one of the videos I linked that isn't the only user that thinks so though. Its just the most basic way to show my facts. Facebook poll before sonic generations says other wise as 20k people voted classic sonic only  7k voted modern. The general public prefers classic sonic yet, they do not change business tactics.

Edited by Sonic 1

One Youtube video doesn't prove shit, no matter how much you claim he 'isn't the only one.'

And the general public prefers him? Good for them. The Sonic fanbase? As previously mentioned by others in the thread, they seem to prefer Modern. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It simply doesn't logically follow that someone who sports the username Sonic 1, has a classic sprite as an avatar, has been throwing every single negative implication, adjective, and stereotype towards the newer games, and continuously insults the people who genuinely enjoy said games- many of which who grew up on the classic games anyway- could actually accuse anyone else of being biased and seriously mean it.

I also don't know how a thread comparing the hype between two new games has devolved into the silly, tired, embarrassing mess of a debate that is modern Sonic vs. classic Sonic. Why do we still care? It's 2013. We should be better than this. So let's get back on topic.

I do mean it they can appeal to both fanbases but they don't. Look at sega right now only releasing the demo to Japan where sonic isn't as nearly as popular there than in US or UK. They are just trying to reach new fans and don't care about the existing ones.....

Anyway, getting back on topic (since my attempt to just disappeared - odd), I do believe Sonic Lost World is more hyped than SM3DWorld, but that's just because, as was said on the first page, the game's taking Sonic in a new direction, whereas, as fantastic as it looks, 3DWorld is just a sequel to a previous game running on the same engine.