Awoo.

Is Sonic Lost World more hyped than SM3DWorld?

Narukami07

I do mean it they can appeal to both fanbases but they don't. Look at sega right now only releasing the demo to Japan where sonic isn't as nearly as popular there than in US or UK. They are just trying to reach new fans and don't care about the existing ones.....

I don't mean to come off as a bitch but when a mod says to get back on topic, that means the current discussion in the thread drops permanently. This topic is ultimately about Lost World's hype versus Super Mario 3D World's hype, not about any grievances towards Sega for "not catering to classic fans," whatever that actually means.

Edited by Necropenthe

Well for Sonic fan wise I believe lost world is more hyped. But since many people like Mario more it is hyped a lot as well but its nothing new when you look at it. Also 3d world only has had 2 trailers while sonic lost world has had at least 10.

How does MariotahPlumber keep getting here...?

SSMB's plumbing was leaky (Where do you think those errors we get occasionally come from), and we had no cash...

Edited by Wonder-ED (Missile)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile, but I see after the second trailer, among with the amazing HD screenshots we got this week it shows how hyped Mario suddenly got. Not that Mario ever needs the hype, because his games will sell like no tomorrow, but once a Mario game gets hyped? Thats dangerous to any game, including Sonic. Sonic needs every positive review, preview, hype it can get just to keep up with Sega's goal in terms of sales, but we all know it can't keep up with Mario like he use to many years ago. Luckily Sonic Lost World has been looked on positively with most Nintendo fans that I have seen. Mii Verse (among other forums) I have checked so all good news there.

So yeah, now that the reviews are coming in, I think it's safe to say that Sonic Lost World as of now barely has 1/1000000th of the hype Super Mario 3D World has. XP

Edited by Yeow the Baneful

With hype of anything, movies, games ect.... there are always let downs to. When you over hype something, most people see a product not delivering even with all the push it had going for it. Don't feel stupid for making it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well after seeing giant mario and weather effects plus online super mario 3d world is exceeding my expectations here's the october trailer by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnInWnRCTKk&feature=player_embedded

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel stupid for making this now. O.o

Sonic Lost World was more hyped when you made this topic, then Nintendo went and released that 6 minute long trailer for SM3DW and the tables were turned.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hyped for both, but my 3D World hype took over when I saw the new trailers.

I like both Mario and Sonic, but 3D World looks like the better game for me.

That's one thing lost world was missing dynamic weather effects I know they have a cool atmosphere with the haze in the distance in desert ruins 1 and lava mountain 3, frozen factory with the snowfall, windy hill with the leaves blowing but 3D world now has them too which was missing from 3D land also Rosalina is playable probably post game.

Edited by Time Eater

• 1 month later...