Awoo.

Glitches with the time eater in Sonic Generations?

MegaMonster54

So I was playing through Sonic Generations for the 5th time and I was just about to beat The Time Eater (BTW F*ck The Time Eater) when I noticed something very odd. Classic Sonic had disappeared entirely from the screen and was just empty space, oh I could still control the chubby bastard, but he was no where to be seen. It looked odd, and I was honestly freaking out that my computer had destroyed the disk or it was over heating causing the disk to warp. I took the disk out and restarted the game and everything was OK again, but I still don't know what happened. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I alone? The disk isn't warped and I don't think my computer was overheating. I just wanna know if this has happened to anyone else or am I alone on this?

I don't recall it ever happening to me. It's probably a PC specific glitch, or your eyes are playing tricks on you.

And yes, the Time Eater can go royally f!ck itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's Time Eater. You answered your own question. Not only is it one....if not the worst boss in the series, that fucker cheats like no other.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen actually. You barley have to use classic sonic in the time eater battle, just to get some coins every now and then. So it makes sense that there may be parts where he disappears. In fact you don't have to use a lot of the controls given to you for the battle. I learned this after several frustrating hours of using all the controls to finally find this out on an online walkthrough. You basically keep moving forward as modern sonic as you dodge attacks. (Oh the horrors when a Sonic fan has to turn to a walkthrough to figure out why they can't get the dang controls to work in their favor!).

To be honest I don't recall classic sonic disappearing. The time eater level is just one red haze of frustration to me.

Well, from experience, while you're playing as Modern Sonic it is possible for Classic Sonic to get hit by a piece of debris while you're busy swerving to avoid it. If he does get hit he'll be forced of the screen and the game will even acknowledge this since one of Sonic's friends will tell you to "charge in to help the other Sonic". This basically means you need to hit the time eater again and he'll spawn in after that.

If you were actually controlling Classic when it happened then it'll likely be just a one off glitch.

It was probably just a random glitch unlikely to occur again and if your computer was overheating it wouldn't cause issues like this, the game would either just start lagging terribly or crash completely.

I'm also pretty sure a computer would also crash completely and shut down to protect itself long before it reaches a temperature that could wreck a disc.  Does Generations even use the disc once installed?  I thought it was just a glorified Steam Key which skips the downloading process by having the data there ready to go.