Awoo.

Capcom Capcom. What's wrong with you?

Remynaka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWTefnWlYE

PLEASE forgive me if this is already made as I didn't see a topic on this. But OH MY FREAKING GOD! Capcom you're about to DIE - not really - but only 152 million? But it's not just them but to my knowing no other company is this low. But are people really shocked? RE6? Megaman, DMC? I'm just shocked that the big capcom are so low, but I guess I can't be too shocked seeing as them treating their fans like shit.. it's really no surprise. 

more links relating to the companies not giving a shit about their fanbase.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk

I was talking about I feel on gaming becoming dead on my facebook and one friend told me I'm an old fart who just misses the good old days. Then I find these links, And it's not just me. ALOT of people feel the same way, and we're speaking with our money. DMC 2 sold more copies than the remake, and THAT was a failure. When the remake doesn't even make more money than an old title in the same series THAT IS A PROBLEM.  

It's not just old guys like myself who miss the good games, but as sells show, it's the lack of any GOOD games period. Now I'm not going to explain what I think would save Capcom as I'm not a company. I'm just a fan. But clearly this is bigger than simply missing the old days. I also blame DLC or the way it's used by companies to just push out unfinished games like they are doing to make a quick buck. Asura's Wrath anyone? 

If you want I can provide links to my Facebook page also if you guys want more info on that rant. But my over all view is simply this. Capcom. I love you I REALLY do, but stop with this not caring and not listening and give us your fanbase what we want. We want GOOD street fighters, we WANT mega man, we WANT true Resident Evil. - I liked RE6 but it clearly missed the mark a sells will prove - We WANT DARK STALKERS - Even if it didn't do that well when it first came out. - Companies need to understand that pissing off their fanbases is NOT the way to go and it's only going to hurt them in the long run. Bioware should be giving Capcom warnings. Again if you guys want to see more links I'll provide them as I find them. I'm just mind blown at this news, and it's sad. Lets hope they can pull their head out their asses and make the games we love instead of killing those games with stupid design choices that piss off the fanbase even more. 

Edited by Gewn Naka

If 152 million is too low then how much a company suppose to have in the bank?

Think about how much it takes to make a game tho. To us that's a shit load of money. YES. But to a company where a game can cost up to 30 million to make? Capcom is in trouble. 

If you don't think Capcom cares about you anymore, then why should you care about them?

Because you may be fans of individual staff members/teams, and of course their series'.

• Thumbs Up 6

Because you may be fans of individual staff members/teams, and of course their series'.

I only really like one series of theirs.

Ace Attorney BTW.

If you don't think Capcom cares about you anymore, then why should you care about them?

I think it has more to do with the franchises they own. Call me crazy, but as much as I hated DmC, I would still like the franchise to...exist. Just like Darkstalkers, just like Street Fighter, just like Capcom vs., just like Megaman(he is already dead, but still), just like Remember Me(which had potential to be a great franchise in spite of shitty things).

• Thumbs Up 2

I only really like one series of theirs.

Ace Attorney BTW.

And so if Capcom went under and took Ace Attorney with them, you wouldn't care?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't get your point.

I know people are really concerned about what's going on in that company.

I'm just saying that it doesn't have that much of an effect on me.

Part of me can't ever truly hate Capcom because they were responsible for the two best Zelda games (Oracles), but yeah they really seem to like to troll people.

• Thumbs Up 1

And so if Capcom went under and took Ace Attorney with them, you wouldn't care?

Of course I would care.

Then again, if the worst case scenario happens, then won't something like an auction happen, similar to when THQ bit the dust?

I know people are really concerned about what's going on in that company.

I'm just saying that it doesn't have that much of an effect on me.

So you are saying that you aren't that huge of a fan of Ace Attorney?

Of course I would care.

Then again, if the worst case scenario happens, then won't something like an auction happen, similar to when THQ bit the dust?

Maybe but the chances of another company not only buying your fav series over the others that make more money on name alone, AND treating that series with the care and respect that it has already is very rare. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So you are saying that you aren't that huge of a fan of Ace Attorney?

I like it, don't get me wrong.

It's just that there are other series and games I like a little bit more.

Of course I would care.

What makes you think any other company would be interested in Ace Attorney? Street Fighter would definitely get bought, but Ace Attorney? Not likely. Also, there is no guarantee that it would be made by the same people and it is almost as likely that it would be made by a completely different team if it were bought out.

Maybe but the chances of another company not only buying your fav series over the others that make more money on name alone, AND treating that series with the care and respect that it has already is very rare. 

If it's a series that fans say "Capcom is shitting on it!", then I reckon that they'll be happy with almost ANYONE to get the IP.

Keyword being almost.

Edited by dwibs93

Of course I would care.

Maybe, maybe not. But either way it would still be putting AA, Capcom staff and heaps of other franchises in jeopardy. I have absolutely zero interest in Capcom outside of the already dead Okami series, but the state of the company if still an interesting matter and I totally understand why people may be concerned.

The only solution for them that i can see is that they should start some Kickstarter projects.

Oh wait, they explicitly said they don't want to do them for some reason. Ok, they're screwed.

But to be honest, we all know that the next Ace Attorney game will most likely give them some better sales then DmC and Remember Me did.

Btw, how is Lost Planet 3 going?

The only solution for them that i can see is that they should start some Kickstarter projects.

Oh wait, they explicitly said they don't want to do them for some reason. Ok, they're screwed.

But to be honest, we all know that the next Ace Attorney game will most likely give them some better sales then DmC and Remember Me did.

They made a 2? And that made money to support a THREE? 

I seriously doubt that.

• Thumbs Up 2