Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

Amy shown in cutscene. People that doubted the other characters' appearing can go home and call it a day now.

Tails, Knuckles, and Amy's presence in cutscenes was confirmed long ago.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Oh man. So many stuff going through my head now. One thing prevails.....when is 18th October.

3D Underwater. A device that makes the whole world go "empty" ohmy.png dayum

Emeralds at some point being there collected i guess Super Sonic in stages confirmed?

Edited by frokenok3

I know. For some reason ppl still doubted. Also...

PAUSE AT 1:11. LOOK AT TOP RIGHT CORNER. WHAT DO YOU SEE? SONIC TEAM DONE GOOFED.

• Thumbs Up 6

You know, looking at the levels in the trailer, if they ditched the tubular level design for the standard flat one with how Sonic was moving around they could have been that much closer to a 3D sandbox-style game fitted for Sonic right there. Look how wide some of those levels were! Imagine it unraveled on a flat plane, and voila!

In other news, there's Amy! 

They "confirmed" Shadow and Knuckles being present in Unleashed, and they were never seen. People had reason to be skeptical until they actually showed visual of her present.

We knew Tails was in from the beginning...and we still have yet to see Knuckles.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 3

You know, looking at the levels in the trailer, if they ditched the tubular level design for the standard flat one with how Sonic was moving around they could have been that much closer to a 3D sandbox-style game fitted for Sonic right there. Look how wide some of those levels were! Imagine it unraveled on a flat plane, and voila!

That beach level at 0:41 really reminds me of some of the floating platforms in SMG's beach levels. Combined with the music, and the game really does seem like a Sonicfied version of Super Mario Galaxy.

I know. For some reason ppl still doubted. Also...

PAUSE AT 1:11. LOOK AT TOP RIGHT CORNER. WHAT DO YOU SEE? SONIC TEAM DONE GOOFED.

lol

Then again he's more or less made some appearance ever since Sonic 2 so it's pretty much now a given.

Remains to be seen whether it ties into the story or not like how Colors handled it.

slw02.jpgslw06.jpg

I see Super Mario Galaxy isn't the only (recent) Nintendo game SLoW's taking cues from in terms of visuals...

B003ZHMMEM.03.lg.jpg

Edited by Princess Yeow
  • Thumbs Up 8

They "confirmed" Shadow and Knuckles being present in Unleashed, and they were never seen. People had reason to be skeptical until they actually showed visual of her present.

We knew Tails was in from the beginning...and we still have yet to see Knuckles.

Shadow and Knuckles were announced as playable characters in Unleashed. Knuckles and Amy were annonced to be only in cutscenes from the very beginning.

Edited by crystallize

Shadow and Knuckles were announced as playable characters in Unleasged. Knuckles and Amy were annonced to be only in cutscenes from the very beginning.

No they weren't, Unleashed was confirmed to be Sonic-only right from the beginning.

All they mentioned about Shadow and Knuckles was that they would appear in the game only for them to be absent, in the same case that we were skeptical of Amy and Knuckles appearing in this one.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yes they are here finally Amy but where's Knux
Also just to clarify
:Eggman's Gun
:Underwater Swimming stage
:Construction Zone
:Life being drained away by a machine
:Eggman and the Six Assemble
:A dark totem cave stage with switches from sandopolis zone act 2 maybe this is the ghosts act where you need to light up the stage to stay alive.
:A fruit based stage
:Zik having a convo with Zavok
:That capsule chase from the comic
:Zomom looks like a survival battle
:At least we know the bosses are the same in the 3DS version
:Cloud Stage on Map
:Sand tornado speeds up if far away
:A giant Windmill gimmick stage

:A golden Ballhog
:That Tunnel looks like fun

: Super Sonic

:Clam Enemies

:You can aim with ROCKET just like the cannon from billy hatcher

Edited by Time Eater

Oh wow that was a really fantastic trailer.

That trailer alone made the game seem way more grand than what I previously thought of it. I'm extremely excited to see all the different levels and things to do, as well as the fancy cutscenes and where they're taking us with the story. I'm sure I will, but I just hope I fall in love with the gameplay style a lot, since this appears to be shaping up as a really great game.

I wonder if an English version of this will land at all. But if not, we're only a month away now or so, so I guess not too much longer haha.

• Thumbs Up 3

Tropical Coast obviously has taken cues from Mario Galaxy in the visuals , but I'm getting crazy "Splash Garden" vibes from Nights into Dreams as well. Especially with the 3D drill section which has some obvious Nights controls with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHdho6MDpFk

In fact this whole game fills me with a Sega Saturn era vibe. Between Nights DLC and Sonic Xtreme, this kind of intangible feel might be intentional. I starting my gaming/Sonic history with Saturn so...lots of feels.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm getting a desert of Knaaren of rayman 3 vibe from that dark stage and a Luscious lakes vibe from Rayman origins from that fruit stage

Edited by Time Eater

Oh good lord, this game looks absolutely fantastic! All of them vibrant levels and that style of gameplay looks excellent.

The one Sonic game that really appeals to me is on a console I currently lack and probably won't be getting for a while. Shame. I really wanted to play this blind instead watching a playthrough of it, inevitably spoiling the game for me before I get it.

Ah well. I'm still really excited for this either way!

OMG YES, WE AMY ROSE NOW! KNUCKLES REVEAL NEXT, PLEASE?!

EDIT: Just noticed something in the trailer. Does this look familar to anyone?

4a6v.png

45di.png

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 5

Because of the writers, the game is light-hearted they said.

The story wouldn't be dark they said.

Doesn't look like it to me.

• Thumbs Up 8

Also don't want to be a party pooper but i hope we have those CGI in the game. Not only on Trailer tongue.png

I'm thinking that the only CGI footage we've seen so far that won't be in the actual game (aside from maybe in the intro) is the stuff from initial reveal trailer with Sonic protecting the animals from the Deadly Six. Everything else looks like a legit cutscene.

EDIT: Giving it some more thought, the moments with Sonic and Tails on the plane could probably fit as just a Sonic Colours/Generations-style intro, but eh, I think it's more likely that it's part of the first cutscene. But we'll just have to wait and see!

BUT YEAH, WOW. My excitement for this game is through the roof at this point. That new level looks pretty good, brief glimpse of WHAT LOOKS LIKE UNDERWATER 3D SECTIONS OH MY GOODNESS, and, as if there was ever any doubt, Amy Rose is here! It looks like she's still on Earth...I hope she shows up on Lost Hex at some point.

Edited by Celestia

I always figured Eggman must've been the one to build Omochao. It explains the robot's knowledge of Eggman's moustache being (allegedly) fake or whatever.

I guess this is more evidence that Tails is going to become the next Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1