Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

Honestly, the area Amy seems to be in looks just like Windy Hill to me. I'm pretty sure she's gonna' be on Lost Hex.

slw08.jpg

The trees and grass are VERY Windy Hill-y.

No they don't. Where did you see any square trees in Windy Hill?

No they don't. Where did you see any square trees in Windy Hill?

We don't see square trees in Sonic's world either. Just saying :D.

Look at the GIF where Eggman appears to be introducing the Deadly Six, and Look at Zazz. The way his head twitches is fucking disturbing...

Edited by Wil348

Late to the party, but here's another gif dump!

Gameplay

k5k.gif

Are those goddamn switches from S&K back??  The ones that turn on the lights and make the ghosts go away?  *shudder* those ghosts man. . .

We don't see square trees in Sonic's world either. Just saying biggrin.png.

"Sonic's world" is an entire planet that is as flexible as the designers want it to be. Windy Hill is a specific location with specific elements, such as the cartoony "circular" trees that most certainly do not look like the blocky trees in the cutscene Amy is shown in.

And it's also clearly not Windy Hill's "surface," as a) Windy Hill's hills are NSMB-styled "dirt pillars with grass on top," almost Minecraft-styled, compared to the hill you can see behind Amy, which looks more like a regular old hill (albeit also being really cartoony in the "triangle hills with rounded edges" kind) and B) I'm noticing a lack of floating tubes up in the sky

It could still be on Lost Hex, but it's certainly not on Windy Hill, unless they just decided to use some creative license and not make it look like Windy Hill (since I doubt most people are as serious about these things as I am)

The background in Amy's scene also looks like it's snowing? ???

To me it kinda looks like the forest in that one Sonic & Elise CG Scene after Tropical Forest in '06, so maybe it's just that effect? Added to the fact that the D6 seem to be sucking all of the life out of Sonic's planet (assuming it's Sonic's planet in the first place), then I don't really think it's snow.

Im interested in Sky Road. I wonder if it's just like a Zavok boss fight only, or if it's a complete area above the Lost World that rips themes of the previous levels you've been through & turns it into a epic mix of the Lost World, but in the sky =D.

Then almost all of us know that Lava Mountain is pretty much the final level of the game. Im hoping it'll be 6 zones, then you face Dr. Eggman, but it'll probably have like 3 zones & then you face Dr. Eggman. I hope Lava Mountain has a themed level like a Castle or something somewhere in there, that would be so epic..

For a second, I thought I saw planet wisp after Amy was shown. Trees looking white-ish green 

(White-ish green aint real! i think)

Edited by jordine

First we got Bowser and the koopalings and now we got Dr. eggman and the zeti's. What's next? Rayman and the princesses?  (that already happen!)

Edited by jordine

Random thought that's just occurred to me... apologies if it's been addressed somewhere already but, do we have any idea why the Wisps are returning (beyond their gameplay mechanics)? Like, are we just meant to assume that they live on Lost Hex as well as all of the outer space worlds from Colours, or do you think they'll have a part to play in the story? Or, at the very least, be given a nod as to why they're there?

First we got Bowser and the koopalings and now we got Dr. eggman and the zeti's. What's next? Rayman and the princesses?

You mean Nymphs

Although a Sonic castle level would be cool

Still waiting for the crossover

You mean Nymphs

Mainly talking about new character barbara and the other babara looking princesses you save

But the nymphs works too.

Edited by jordine

This is a bit of a weird thought, but I have an idea about Sky Road. Perhaps the first level isn't Windy Hill, but actually Sky Road Act 1, where you have to sort of pilot the Tornado for a minute or so, where it's kind of automated but not really (like Act 2 of Terminal Velocity), and then a cutscene triggers where Sonic jumps off and Tails handles the plane. Then when you defeat Zavok in Lava Mountain, he retreats to the giant machine that we saw in the trailer in the Amy scene, where you then play Sky Road Act 2 to get there (kinda like Unleashed). Then you fight him there, then the true final boss, then ending of the game.

Again, really crazy thought but I felt it kinda would work.

This is a bit of a weird thought, but I have an idea about Sky Road. Perhaps the first level isn't Windy Hill, but actually Sky Road Act 1, where you have to sort of pilot the Tornado for a minute or so, where it's kind of automated but not really (like Act 2 of Terminal Velocity), and then a cutscene triggers where Sonic jumps off and Tails handles the plane. Then when you defeat Zavok in Lava Mountain, he retreats to the giant machine that we saw in the trailer in the Amy scene, where you then play Sky Road Act 2 to get there (kinda like Unleashed). Then you fight him there, then the true final boss, then ending of the game.

It be sick if we got the sky chase remix from sonic 2

I got confused

Lava Mountain's boss is most likely gonna be the Eggster cause in the JP boss trailer you fought Zavok in the sky with his Mech Dragon thing, so yea.

I got confused

Lava Mountain's boss is most likely gonna be the Eggster cause in the JP boss trailer you fought Zavok in the sky with his Mech Dragon thing, so yea.

But what if that fight in the sky is still in Lava Mountain, just in the skies of Lava Mountain? And then you head to Sky Road?

Also, I found some new screens over here on the JP site of SLW: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicLostWorld/#/contents-story

They're just more screenshots of the opening scene, the two more noteworthy ones being where Eggman drops the animal capsule he's carrying in that scene, and another one where Sonic jumps off of the tornado to try and save the animals inside it.

People are analyzing the overshadowed Zeti like they're indicating defeat, but I think it's just an anime-esque effect.

But what if that fight in the sky is still in Lava Mountain, just in the skies of Lava Mountain? And then you head to Sky Road?   Also, I found some new screens over here on the JP site of SLW: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicLostWorld/#/contents-story They're just more screenshots of the opening scene, the two more noteworthy ones being where Eggman drops the animal capsule he's carrying in that scene, and another one where Sonic jumps off of the tornado to try and save the animals inside it.
Please post those imageshere.