Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

I expect it will be like Unleashed, starting out with something that's really no big deal to the player (stealing animals in SLW, or just a space armada in Unleashed), which leads Sonic and Tails to a much bigger adventure.

What is it with new things coming out and me not being around to post about it?

All I can say is TGFTGS. (or Thank God for Tokyo Game Show.) This is hands down the best trailer that I've seen for this game yet.

We already had evidence of a CGI opening cutscene and hints of more throughout the game, but this is just beautiful. (By the way, someone really should post those other images  of the intro from the Japanese site... EDIT: VGamer, you sir have earned a brofist.)

The story just keeps looking better and better the more I see it! Villains talking to each other is always a good thing in my book, but that vacuum looking machine is quite ominous. It looks pretty interesting, sucking the life and color out of everything. Seeing Amy with a Miles Electric is icing to the cake. Glad to finally get a glimpse of her, and can't wait to see Knuckles later on! This story is really looking up, and I'm holding out hope that it's as good as it looks right now.

The Wisps are looking great right now, especially Drill. 3D Yellow Giga Breaker in a 3D underwater stage?! SEGA, ya done good. It's nice to see how their all controlled, both with the Gamepad and the 3DS controller. I knew it was interactive, but wow. Only thing I wonder about them now is if Orange Rocket is Wii U exclusive, or the complete returning set of Cyan Laser, Yellow Drill and Orange Rocket will be present on both. Laser and Drill are, but Rocket... I don't know.

These levels are looking beautiful on both versions. Seeing them side by side, it's hard to tell them apart actually! Fantastic presentations all around. Yes, its been said one too many times that there is a sense of Mario influence, and that is definitely apparent with Tropical Coast. What do they have in common? They're both gorgeous. Speaking of levels, Ohtani - san is blowing these themes out of the water! The new theme at around the minute mark is just too damn epic. Seriously, this might end up surpassing Unleashed in terms of my favorite 3D Sonic soundtrack.

Super Sonic playable! Good to see him back again, but it's even better in terms of the 3DS. Not only is this game the first handheld 3D Sonic, it's also the first to have Super Sonic playable in regular levels. Multiplayer and Miiverse look great too, though a bit disturbed that Tails can make Omochao...

Overall, this made me even more excited than any other piece of information on this game so far. The fact that the NIGHTs DLC is confirmed to be Wii U exclusive doesn't even bother me that much anymore. This game is looking too brilliant to care that much anyway. It will still be good.

My hype has pierced the heavens, and waaaay beyond.

Nope-a...no sir, that definitely not a big deal...uh yup, derrr-Nope. Its the opening cutscene, when are those ever big deals?

i forgot that everything that ever appeared in an opening cutscene ever was of extreme import

Man, the end of that GameXplain Trailer Analysis has got me wondering... Does something bad happen to Tails? I mean, really bad? Amy did look pretty sad there, and was using his Miles Electric.

He probably gets captured by eggman and the six or forced to work on the machine that sucks the color and life out of earth giving amy the miles electric.

Yo, did the JP SLW Website update or something =O. Wheres all the art & stuff coming from, other than the TGS Trailer?

And maybe Sonic and tails will finally fight together?! Tails is the only character sonic never lay a fist on! I think?

Lets see:

Knuckles: S&K

Metal Sonic: SonicCD

Shadow: SA2

Amy, Cream, Big, Rouge, omega: Sonic heroes. 

Silver:Sonic 06, or rivals, whatever came first.

I'm not sure if Sonic and blaze ever fought?

First for everything, Make Sonic and Tails Fight! not playful fighting. serious fighting. Almost got it at colors.

Edited by jordine

OMG! Everything looks so awesome!!! I have a good feeling that this will be the best Sonic game we've gotten in a while. I'm so happy we'll be seeing Amy and Knuckles again :D That part with all the life draining out of the planet (Sonic's?) was so epic...now I'm just really curious to see how it all plays out.

If anyone can answer this question, then please do: If I get the Deadly Six Edition, will I ONLY be able to play the boss fights with the Knights theme..? Because I don't like Knights, and I'd rather play the boss fights in their original form. Will there be an option to turn this off...or will I have to hunt for a "normal" edition?

And maybe Sonic and tails will finally fight together?! Tails is the only character sonic never lay a fist on! I think?

Lets see:

First for everything, Make Sonic and Tails Fight! not playful fighting. serious fighting. Almost got it at colors.

Sonic and Blaze fought in Sonic Rush.

Lets see:

Sonic fought Blaze in Rush

Guys, do you believe Sonic Lost World's story has potential to succeed Unleashed's? As well as being more ambitious than what we are thinking? tongue.png

At this point in time? Most definitely.

If anyone can answer this question, then please do: If I get the Deadly Six Edition, will I ONLY be able to play the boss fights with the Knights theme..? Because I don't like Knights, and I'd rather play the boss fights in their original form. Will there be an option to turn this off...or will I have to hunt for a "normal" edition?

They won't be forced upon you, it's just a bonus for preordering the game.

If Sonic & Tails fight in this game, then you know its going to be a dark storyline. I already see stuff coming out dark,

Badnik Factory maybe? Turning Flickies into Badniks

That huge machine in Lava Mountain

The Deadly Six Dialogue

Meh some other stuff..

Because I don't like KNIGHTS

GOOD BECAUSE THE DLC IS COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO MEDIEVAL CHIVALROUS WARRIORS

-flips a fuckin' table-

Frikkin' unbelievable.

Edited by NOPE
  • Thumbs Up 7

Lets see:

If it's canon, Sonic Battle is full of Sonic giving his friends knuckle sandwiches.

Sonic fought Blaze in Rush

Sonic and Blaze fought in Sonic Rush.

There we go, Tails is the last victim. It's time to break the bromance Sega, MAKE IT HAPPEN!