Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

It's nice SEGA are putting so much attention to detail into the game to begin with, they didn't have to change the colours, but between BETA Demo's at different events, they changed some stuff.

Anyone also notice they added sheep to Windy Hill Act 1?

• Thumbs Up 1

How come every time someone posts a negative impression of the game, everybody goes looking for reasons as to why they're wrong?

Because they are afraid said negative impression challenges (or even threatens) their or the entire subforum's hype/optimism for the game.

At least this is what I've seen happen, based on personal experiences.

Edited by Princess Yeow

What makes me nervous about this game (as apparent in the tgs trailer) is just how much ST has chosen to bite off.  In one title alone we've got

-a new visual style

-a new 3 tier speed system (this includes parkour)

-Tubular level designs and different styles of gameplay to offer variety

-wisps that take advantage of wiiu pad functionality

-local multiplayer

-miiverse integration 

-cross platform functionality

Any one of these things would be a difficult thing to nail on the first time around and Sonic Team has somehow ended up addressing them all in one go.  It reminds me of Unleashed, where so many new concepts were introduced at once that it was baffling to the player(drift, boost, stomp, quickstep, QTE, etc).  There's no way that some parts of the game won't be worse off for it.  Plus, they've even gone through the trouble of crafting boss skins for the special edition, something that should have only be done once the game was an A+ in the first place.

I have to say it kind of sucks that we need to have the 3DS version to do the support mode thing. I was thinking I would be able to let my little sister play the game while I helped her with the RC vehicles, since that way I can let her play the game all she wants without screaming at her to stop running into the enemies goddammit you're supposed to jump over that hole collect the fucking rings before you die WHYTHEFUCKAREYOUGOINGBACKWARDSSTOPIT- uh... *ahem*.

On the other hand I'm sure you can only play as one and not switch between them or anything, so it's gonna be a pretty difficult choice between blowing up the badniks or helping her get through the level without falling inan incredibly obvious bottomless pit (although bottomless pits actually seem pretty scarce in the game, at least in the earlier levels)

• Thumbs Up 1

It's almost like watching what happened when Secret Rings/Wildfire was coming out, nobody was allowed to say a bad word about it, despite all the blatent problems it had and the fact that *whisper* it wasn't very good... every time theres some negative comments on the game, the blame is put back on the person who said them.

The difference is that Secret Rings was a completely on-rails game that heavily relied on motion controls and having to unlock the ability to basically control the game well (and even then the controls weren't that good), while Lost World shows evidence of none of these things, as it has free movement with the control stick (even if the wisps can be controlled with the Gamepad, and even then people have found a way to use the control stick), and it has no unlockable skills. Not to mention that Lost World also has a ton of things to like about it that we've seen, things that Secret Rings never showed. Secret Rings showed many issues from the start that Lost World never did.

There's a clear difference here. Don't try to justify your opinion that the game is bad as fact by using that. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Wait. So no one complained about how Secret Rings was on-rails and heavily motion-based at the time? I find that hard to believe. 

Wait. So no one complained about how Secret Rings was on-rails and heavily motion-based at the time? I find that hard to believe.

No one gave much of a fuck because motion controls and on-rails gameplay were seen as legitimate design decisions, especially for a spin-off game on a console focused around motion controls.

Same, plus Lost World is coming off of Generations which still held up well post-release (aside from no cutscenes and Time Eater)even after the hype. Even Colors managed to surprise everyone after the slew of terrible Sonic games before it.

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 2

Once again, that's not the point; she's saying that whenever there is hype for a new game, regardless of its perceived problems, the fans that have less than a positive impression are always treated like they have done something wrong by the ones who are more excited, with most neutral fans having to justify their opinions more.

Basically people are acting like any sort of criticim towards a hyped game as some sort of personal attack, and get testy over it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Actually, considering this was 2006-2007, I can believe it. In fact, I seem to recall people were really interested in and optimistic about the motion controls. Because of that, Secret Rings' controls using them so heavily wasn't seen as something to be cautious or worried about.

Can we just agree to reserve judgements on how pick-up-able the game is for those who actually play the game, because Im pretty sure that a solid chunk of the people who have a tendency to yap at anyone who say that they struggle with it haven't actually had a chance to play it for themselves. Like really, making argument based solely on how easy you think the game will be is really nothing compared to someone who actually knows.

I will assume that the main theme song will encompass the majority of the 45 minutes

How so? Aren't themes like this usually around 4 or 5 minutes?