Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

I have been blown away. All my doubts are gone.

Well, other than the gameplay, which seems like it's great anyway based on feedback.

Edited by Cola

G-guys... C-could this be?

superinstage_zps5ba5762a.jpg

Playable Super Sonic in stages...

endofstageboss_zps7f6ff0df.jpg

Boss at the end of a stage...

Will I be able to kick Zeti butt, Super Sonic style?

YES! Please, let it be true!

I'm just rewatching the trailer again and, listen carefully at 0:26... it's as if Sonic's Japanese VA is outright trying to copy Charles Martinet with the "wahoo!" there.

LOST WORLD CONFIRMED FOR MARIO GALAXY RIP-OFF

:P

Boss at the end of a stage...

I've been thinking about this, actually.

Since there's some evidence that we'll be fighting each of the Deadly Six more than once (Zor is seen in two different areas, the only similarity being the owl 'bots), perhaps you'll fight each one once as a "mini-boss", and then again as a "major boss"? /speculation

Edited by Celestia

Well I didn't watch the whole thing, but at least Amy is confirmed to be in at least in one cutscene. Now confirm Knux and I won't worry about you guys lying anymore...............

Edited by Chaos Warp

Okay, this really does look very promising.  I can only get the 3DS version, though, so I hope they handle the cutscenes as well in that as on Wii U - I don't see why they couldn't just, say, play them as movies rather than the lifeless puppetry of Generations 3DS.

As for Amy... maybe she's not in Lost Hex, but is actually back on Sonic's world proper acting as home base, reporting to Tails and Sonic on the effects of Eggman and the Deadly Six's plots back there?  Sort of like a slight promotion from her "innocent bystander" role in Unleashed.  Whatever the truth may be, I think the presentation of that one shot of Amy in the trailer is what gives me the most confidence about the story in this title.  She's holding a communication device, the world is falling apart around her, she looks downbeat.

• Thumbs Up 3

This trailer looks way past cool! I am so excited for this game! I am also excited about the fact that there are actual 3D underwater sections here. Can't wait for this game to come out!

Man! That Tropical Coast level is HUGE!! I really hope we gonna get way more open level designs in this game and also in the 3DS version.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't really get excited about Super Sonic unless he has some new power to add. Invincibility in the 3D games is useless.

Then again, Super Sonic was rendered moot in the Unleashed trilogy because of the boost, which already made Sonic nigh invulnerable. Super Sonic compared to regular!Sonic in those games was more or less the equivalent of Hyper Sonic compared to Super Sonic in terms of added functionality, with the only differences Super Sonic had being that you wouldn't get hurt if you weren't moving at high speeds and you could fly (at least for Generations). Sonic Lost World of course doesn't have the boost anymore, thus Sonic will be more prone to taking damage this time around (hopefully). So hopefully unlocking Super Sonic in the 3D games will make him feel more like the game breaker he used to feel like in the Genesis games / Sonic 4 (one of the few things that game did right).

Edited by Princess Yeow

The increased speed and higher jump (assuming they're actually there*) could potentially be useful in this game. Well, the increased speed could also be detrimental...but that would depend on how lucky you are when navigating around bottomless pits your skill. I assume whatever limits parkour has would be removed, too. I mean, Super Sonic's supposed to break the game, might as well not hold back.

*Dangit Sonic Generations, I TRUSTED YOU.

Edited by Celestia

New artwork:

chara_eggman.png

Finally!

I'll just come out and do it:

Waluigi_MP6.jpg

Am I obsessed? Nawwww.

Game's shaping up nicely.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wait a sec: is that Wizeman?

Yes, in Japan you have to download the NiGHTS DLC that we get in the Deadly Six Edition separately from the eShop.

The 3DS multiplayer looks like an insane battle stage on a planetoid. Looking forward to getting the somersault wind kick stun attack spammed at everyone by a 10 year old player. In all seriousness, it looks like fun.

So, will it be available for download for us, paid, if we get the regular copy?

No idea. As it stands, it's a download code included in all first-print copies of the game. It may go up separately on the eShop at a later date for late-adopters, it may not. Depends how quickly the Deadly Six Edition sells out - if it's anything like the Limited Edition of ASRT it'll still be around for ages after release.