Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

Regardless of how good this game is, this is without a doubt, one of the Sonic games that SEGA has certainly advertised the best! :D

I'm sorry, I'm about to head off for the day but I just need to take a moment to express my excitement. That beach level is looking top and I also love how we're still seeing new things from the first level in the game. That is unheard of! Also, dat cgi... I just can't right now (especially some of those ending shots). My hype level is literally through the roof right now. I hope I think of something more... thoughtful when I get back but right now this game is just looking so flipping good!

Look at the 3DS at 0:19.

Super Sonic no longer boss exclusive on portable Sonic games.

dayum.gif

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 1

OKAY, that was epic, but I just want to point out what everyone else has already pointed out.

Sorry to have to hammer this in, but:

THERE.

FRIGGEN THERE.

THERE'S YOUR BLOODY PROOF.

NOW CAN WE FINALLY GET THIS STUPID "WE CAN'T TRUST THE PR" BS OUT OF THE WAY?

JEEZ EVEN AMY FEELS VIOLATED TO HAVE TO RUIN THE SURPRISE.

But that's not Knuckles. That's a pink hedgehog in a dress.

Tropical Coast obviously has taken cues from Mario Galaxy in the visuals , but I'm getting crazy "Splash Garden" vibes from Nights into Dreams as well. Especially with the 3D drill section which has some obvious Nights controls with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHdho6MDpFk

In fact this whole game fills me with a Sega Saturn era vibe. Between Nights DLC and Sonic Xtreme, this kind of intangible feel might be intentional. I starting my gaming/Sonic history with Saturn so...lots of feels.

>SEGA creates original content for games

>Nintendo takes them and claims that it's their own

>Sonic Lost World announced and people claim that it's like Super Mario galaxy and not Sonic X-Treme

>Other half Claim that it's a revival of Sonic X-Treme and not a Super Mario Galaxy remake

>TFW I don't give two shit's of what people say on what game's a revival or remake of

I rest my case. But on the other hand, the trailer looks smashing.

• Thumbs Up 1

>Drill Wisp being used underwater in 3D

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yos

I haven't even finished watching the trailer yet, but this is like the coolest thing since sliced bread so I wanted to post about it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Don't be silly, it's Super Knuckles!

...in a dress.

You may have a point.

*squints eyes*

How the hell do I not know that's not a pink Sonic in a dress? Maybe he has to dress in drag to defeat the Zeti or something. I'm still not buying the PR's claims. >_>

just kidding for the most part

Edited by Princess Yeow
  • Thumbs Up 2

G-guys... C-could this be?

superinstage_zps5ba5762a.jpg

Playable Super Sonic in stages...

endofstageboss_zps7f6ff0df.jpg

Boss at the end of a stage...

Will I be able to kick Zeti butt, Super Sonic style?

YES! Please, let it be true!

Oh pfffff, come on. That's not Super Sonic, those are just the Chaos Emeralds. That doesn't mean anything!

totally not mad

Jeez, I think Amy there might be the most distressed any character in the series has looked in... I dunno, years. She wasn't nearly that upset when Eggman turned her boyfriend into Donkey Kong.

Eggman looks super cool with that goofy raygun. It almost makes me miss the mech shooting stages. Almost.

• Thumbs Up 4

Upon further inspection, it looks like the colors are being sucked out of the Lost World.

Has Eggman turned the whole "Time Eater" life-sucking technique into his personal trade? 

• Thumbs Up 1

High resolution images.

slw10.jpg

This picture has me worried a little bit because I'm really hoping Sega does shove Eggman to the side in terms of being a final boss. Especially since he's been the honor of being the final boss for the past two games (three if you decide to count Sonic 4).

Then, Random screenshots (cuz I feel like to)

pTAHDze.png

CJDpCLp.png

Q7qyMH8.png

kZdymFi.png

vZdLodN.png

4i0e02K.png

Pic 1: Dawn of a new day!

Pic 2: Omachao returns... Wat?

Pic 3: 1st place on all 4 game's... Wat?

Pic 4: Before...

Pic 5: After!

Pic 6: My god! I will savour this! What is that new device? Only time can tell

Edited by kimplix

That last pic seems to be a drill or a machine ridding Earth from it's color and that building next to it seems to be the Zeti's stronghold or Eggman's base of operations(Bowser's Castle)

Edited by Time Eater

This new trailer has put a bigger mystery around the Deadly Six for me, it looks like Eggman is causing a royal mess of Lost Hex with all his weird contraptions, could the Yeti just be protecting their world from him? And have gotten the wrong side of Sonic? Ala Sonic & Knuckles all over again.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is seriously the first time I actually looked at anything for Lost World and I have to say... I LOVE IT! I can't wait to get it. That game play looks so awesome! and the neat variety of characters is just blowing my mind! I hope Knuckles will still be in it, however.

The colors and the music is Just amazing. I think this is going to be awesome! I really can't wait!

I need a DEMO NOW Sega!!!

Edited by knucklesgirl

That was probably the best trailer I've seen for the game, it highlighted so many more features and elements I didn't even know existed. I'm also getting the feeling that the story is going to be a hell of a lot more serious this time around.

I'm sold. Why isn't it October 18th?

Edited by Symbotic

This new trailer has put a bigger mystery around the Deadly Six for me, it looks like Eggman is causing a royal mess of Lost Hex with all his weird contraptions, could the Yeti just be protecting their world from him? And have gotten the wrong side of Sonic? Ala Sonic & Knuckles all over again.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday; The Deadly Six were just being territorial, and when your first visitor is Eggman, then you're not going to be too keen on other visitors. Let's also not forget that Sonic still beat up Zazz & Zomom before freeing them from Eggman's control; no matter how justified he was in doing it, Sonic probably kicked their asses and didn't think much of it. Hell, he probably gloated about it in typical Sonic fashion. So the Deadly Six are not only righteous with their cause, they have equal reason to hate Sonic & Eggman and want them both dead,

.....I'm probably giving the story way too much credit, but I am curious to see how things play out.

I don't know, the story actually looks a lot more serious than we took it for, I think it's going to be another Unleashed/Colours fiasco.

I'm wondering if Eggman went there, told them about Sonic being the enemy and that he could help them, then whilst the Deadly Six are trying to ward off Sonic, Eggman acquires the shell to control them whilst they are distracted,effectively making them his Chaos. vers.2 with trying to control powerful beings by punishment with the horn if they defied him, and when Sonic eventually catches up to intervene, he kind of throws a wrench in the gears and fucks up both Eggman's original plan and the bargaining chip he had over the D6, so they take them both as "unwanted assholes" and try to remove them.