Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

This picture has me worried a little bit because I'm really hoping Sega does shove Eggman to the side in terms of being a final boss. Especially since he's been the honor of being the final boss for the past two games (three if you decide to count Sonic 4).

That picture is only talking about the NiGHTS DLC so I wouldn't be worried about that, at least from that picture anyways. It could always still happen in the game; Eggman has been shafted countless times as the final boss in favor of the "baddies of the week" so who knows?

Wait... Hang on...

Eggman..?

Yeah pretty sure that's Eggman, who you also see again in a cutscene carting something along with him.

My theory from all the snippets of cutscenes we got is Sonic and Tails are chasing him, he shoots the Tornado with his gun causing them to crash land on Lost Hex.

Whatever Eggman's hauling though is a mystery.

Wait... Hang on...

Eggman..?

I think so. Judging from the CGI intro and the comic adaptation, Sonic and Tails were following Eggman until they ended up in Lost World.

I'd rather have Eggman as the final boss, still.

That or he HELPS you during the final boss.  That'd be a nice twist.

Kind of happened in Advance 3 but would be a first for a 3D game.

Edited by DarkLight

I don't know, the story actually looks a lot more serious than we took it for, I think it's going to be another Unleashed/Colours fiasco.

I'm wondering if Eggman went there, told them about Sonic being the enemy and that he could help them, then whilst the Deadly Six are trying to ward off Sonic, Eggman acquires the shell to control them whilst they are distracted,effectively making them his Chaos. vers.2 with trying to control powerful beings by punishment with the horn if they defied him, and when Sonic eventually catches up to intervene, he kind of throws a wrench in the gears and fucks up both Eggman's original plan and the bargaining chip he had over the D6, so they take them both as "unwanted assholes" and try to remove them.

This is possible too; although if the Archie Adaption is any indication, Eggman tries to force them to work for him. I do like the idea of Eggman using his charisma to convince them of turning against Sonic, it'd be a nice callback to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, although I'm sure the Deadly Six won't be as forgiving as Knuckles was.

Speaking of which, I speculate that Amy has Tails` Miles Electric device because she was asked by him & Sonic to stay behind and hold the fort down on their planet while they went after Eggman. Why are they going after Eggman? Maybe Knuckles caught on to Eggman before anyone and tried to stop him but was overwhelmed by the Deadly Six or something. Or he could have stayed behind along with Amy, who knows.

This is possible too; although if the Archie Adaption is any indication, Eggman tries to force them to work for him. I do like the idea of Eggman using his charisma to convince them of turning against Sonic, it'd be a nice callback to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, although I'm sure the Deadly Six won't be as forgiving as Knuckles was.

Speaking of which, I speculate that Amy has Tails` Miles Electric device because she was asked by him & Sonic to stay behind and hold the fort down on their planet while they went after Eggman. Why are they going after Eggman? Maybe Knuckles caught on to Eggman before anyone and tried to stop him but was overwhelmed by the Deadly Six or something. Or he could have stayed behind along with Amy, who knows.

It seems like Amy's at Windy Hill, or Tropical Coast(?) so I think she's on Lost Hex with Sonic and Co for whatever reason. Also, am I the only one that's hoping for a few Sonic 3K references here and there in the story?

Edited by Tomoki

I will happily admit that I'm wrong but this fucking obnoxious.

So was the paranoia over it, so I'd call it even.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't think I've been this excited for the game since the initial reveal. Awesome trailer. So much jam packed into it.

So was the paranoia over it, so I'd call it even.

I'd argue otherwise, but I digress. Even back when I personally brought it up, it was far from my core issue with the game. I hope you understand this.

Was about to talk about it, but with 5 pages already, it was bound to have all the things I wanted to point out.

Still..... HYPED!!! this will make me hold on til october. The CGI is beautiful as always, there goes ArtFenixs worries about there not being an actual intro :P (in before he comes and rants about the trailer, no offense. Everyones got their opinions)

DAT UNDERWATER SECTION!!! NNNGHH

Awesome to see Amy confirmed in the cutscene. But this makes me think something:

She has a replica of Tails Miles Electric thingy. And where she is, it does seem that its Sonics actual world, judging by the not so blocky nature of it. (not saying it as a bad thing) so it seems Tails left one of the Miles electric devices to her so they can communicate. And as someone stated that machine is sucking life out of the planet (Sonics world (?) ) so she might be there to report stuff. otherwise she would be in the plane too. As for Knuckles, who knows what is his role.

I'd argue otherwise, but I digress. Even back when I personally brought it up, it was far from my core issue with the game. I hope you understand this.

Ya know, I probably wouldn't have reacted so obnoxiously if the paranoia wasn't just as annoying. (If you feel like that post was made special for you, that is not the case. unsure.png  ) Nonetheless, I'll apologize for freaking out, though. I've already got a mess I need to clean up in another topic and the last thing I wanna do is make enemies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That was interesting. The later levels look a whole lot better than Windy Hill, which looked bland as fuck. I would still prefer if they constructed that level design in a way which was grounded, rather than the rolled-up, skybox style they've gone for. It would have allowed for a whole lot more varied topgraphy (which is the main issue I've had with the series of late).

More interesting topography would allow for us to better see and feel the physics implementation

This isn't to detract from what looks like a pretty nice game overall. I like the fact that 3D and underwater, being said in the same sentence, is no longer taboo at Sonic Team. I like the implied epicness of the story from some CGI cutscenes. Always wanted to see how our new writers handled a more involving narrative. I like the look of what appears to be the Volcano-y stage. If it looks anywhere near as gorgeous as Crisis City did in Generations, then I'll be pretty happy with the end result.

Still not sold on the 3-gear movement system. I reserve the right to be sceptical of it, until I hear plenty more impressions.reviews and until I get a chance to play it for myself. I would prefer Sonic to just.....accelerate normally, and I feel the Run-button should be a means of increasing acceleration, not top speed.

• Thumbs Up 4

And where she is, it does seem that its Sonics actual world, judging by the not so blocky nature of it.

The trees and grass are still chunky, in line with stuff we've seen throughout the game (though I don't think the trees match any we've seen), so it's kind of hard to tell.

Ya know, I probably wouldn't have reacted so obnoxiously if the paranoia wasn't just as annoying. (If you feel like that post was made special for you, that is not the case. unsure.png  ) Nonetheless, I'll apologize for freaking out, though. I've already got a mess I need to clean up in another topic and the last thing I wanna do is make enemies. 

The only reason I can see you becoming freaked out over the paranoia, is you taking it personally. Only a few people have been obnoxiously violent with their distaste for this game, so I don't really see any reason for you to take things personally.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone notice the capsule with the wing in it at 0:15? I'd screencap it but I'm on a tablet at the moment. What sort of power-up could it be?

The only reason I can see you becoming freaked out over the paranoia, is you taking it personally. Only a few people have been obnoxiously violent with their distaste for this game, so I don't really see any reason for you to take things personally.

False assertion. But even so, sometimes the minority usually ends up being the loudest, hence the annoyance.

But I don't see why we need to bring this up after we just decided to get over it.

Edited by Indigo Rush

But I don't see why we need to bring this up after we just decided to get over it.

Because we're all HUMAN!

We thrive on conflict and assery.

Anyone notice the capsule with the wing in it at 0:15? I'd screencap it but I'm on a tablet at the moment. What sort of power-up could it be?

Huh, nice catch...I got no clue what it could be for.