Awoo.

Gravity Rush 2

FourCartridge

Sony announced a Gravity Rush sequel at TGS though some pictures(apparently they were saving the "proper" reveal for a magazine blowout). The Famitsu website has said it will be a Vita exclusive. Also, Team Siren looks to have changed names to Team Gravity.

1glked.jpg

3y9k2t.jpg

I donno bout you guys, but I'm hyped. Gravity Rush was pretty fun and had that rare Studio Ghibli vibe you just don't get much of nowadays in anime.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

Even with its flaws. I had fun with the original and liked Kat as a character.

This was one of titles that I was hoping that they would reveal at TGS, now I can't wait to see more.

even though I haven't played the first one (and I probably never will since I don't want a vita) this game series does seem pretty interesting.

Hope it's as interesting as the original and expands on the fantastic utility in navigation offered by flight as well as it's fun combat system.

Gr--... Gravity Rush sequel...

882.gif

I already gave my Vita to my brother, but I might have to ask him to re-borrow it for this. I loved the original and hadn't been so captivated by a PlayStation game and its aesthetics and characters since Uncharted 2. It's awesome to see Kat return.

For this game I just hope they refine the combat a little more and give you more to do within the worlds overall. A game like this can only benefit from making its world feel more alive.

Just please explain more on the story. and maybe give more back story on kat and the kingdom above. maybe let us venture to it?

I knew this was coming because the developers took years to develop the gameplay and universe so it would only make since to make it an ongoing series. just didn't expect it this soon. I can't wait. Kat is like a vita mascot to me.

An awesome (but expected) announcement biggrin.png! Really enjoyed what I played from the game when I first got my Vita (PS+ freebee man tongue.png) and while the Gravity Slide is a bit cumbersome to use at first, everything else about the game is wonderful; beautiful cell-shading, really creative gravity mechanic's, the fact that Kat is a awesome character, and it being open world (thus encouraging the gravity "falling") made the game such a treat to play (gotta get around to beating it...).

I hope this sequel makes the combat more fun (as it was, wonky at best....) and have the worlds be bigger with more gravity powers to play with (as the Crackdown-esc super jump in the trailer implies) are things I would love to see in this sequel :). Hope its compatible with Vita TV, as the original had heavy usage with the motion/touch controls.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME, SUPER HAPPY. Gravity Rush is one of my favourite new IPs this generation, had a blast with the game and I liked the characters. I am happy to see a lot more colour and detail in the video above, makes me recall the first concept teaser for Gravity Rush from 2008 - which I assume was either the copy running on a PC or a PS3 devkit before they switched gears to Vita. Knowing this one is aimed towards the Vita and is displaying a lot more in the visual department is a good thing. Kat is such an awesome character.

So yeah...incredibly stoked for this one.

• 1 year later...

Sorry about giving this a revive after two years, but some pretty big news has surfaced from back in June 2015. Rather surprised it wasn't mentioned. Considering it may confirm why it's been so long since any GR2 news.

You see.

It's still happening and possibly moved to PS4

More specifically, this part:

Sony have said that no first party studios are working on PS Vita games meaning that Rush 2 must be for PS4, but that’s all we know

Now you might be saying "Oh well, that's just grasping at straws!". Well, there's one other piece of information that surfaced back in around March that hints towards GR2 going to PS4.

Gravity Rush Remastered was leaked for PS4 a few months ago

So what do you guys think? Personally, I think this all means it's definitely on it's way to PS4

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be better if it was developed soley for the PS4. The Vita is basically beyond redemption at this point, even if Sony tried with it, so it would be better to utilise the PS4's power to make the sequel bigger and better than the original, rather than hold it back to port it to a system that hardly anybody owns (and this is coming from a Vita owner). Naturally, this will give the IP much more exposure due to the PS4's large install base. 

Considering how poorly the Vita has done since its release, they might as well bring it over to the PS4. I'm just saying, at least it would have a better chance of getting some good sales. Also, I liked GR but the PS Vita controls felt awkward, so maybe being on a home console will allow for a better control scheme.

I imagine that we'll hear about it at Tokyo Game Show, except it'll be on PS4, which is probably for the best. I agree that it's a shame that Sony never really gave the Vita a chance, but the fact of the matter is that if the series stays on the system, it's dead. The way I see it, it's better that the series lives than futilely pledging loyalty to a dead system.

It'll certainly be exciting to see what the game can achieve when not bound to Vita hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Remaster is handled by Bluepoint so you know it's gonna be good. It's nice to see they're interested in maintaining a degree of quality for the franchise, GR has a lot of potential.

m0yX2dW.png

And the art/designs are so good. Definitely benefits from PS4 hardware.

Really? Some of the textures, like the mechs, look like they came out of the Vita. I really do feel like the game was originally being developed on the Vita, but moved to the PS4.

While some assets might seem fairly simple there's a lot of evident improvements. Better IQ, draw distances, lighting, plenty of particles on play (debris, sfx...) and the use of higher polycount models, which is a critical factor in celshaded characters.

I agree they might have started dev on portable hardware but it's already looking beyond what's possible on there. The platform change gives the franchise a good shot at hitting it big as well, something I'd be glad to see happening.

• 1 month later...

Another trailer came out following the PGW!

Words don't begin to describe my hype levels.

And if my avatar didn't give it away, Gravity Rush is one of my favourite franchises.

• 7 months later...

While it wasn't shown in the conference itself outside of a sizzle reel, we have a new trailer:

Looks to be shaping up nicely. I'm loving the music too.

• 2 months later...

Good news, we finally have story details.

Hello once again Gravity Rush fans! We’re back to give you another taste of what’s in store for Gravity Rush 2, so read on to find out about some of the interesting people and places Kat will encounter in her new adventure!

Following the events of the original Gravity Rush, Kat and her friend Syd find themselves caught in a gravity anomaly and transported far away from the peaceful town of Hekseville and into the mining settlement of Banga.

Banga’s a mobile town – an odd mixture of residencies and boats that are home to miners and their families who make their living collecting gravity ore from the floating reef area below. Under the strict command of their leader Lisa, they regularly dock at other ports in order to stock up on supplies and conduct business.

Powerless without Dusty by her side, Kat and Syd begin working to earn their keep in Banga, and meet a host of interesting characters that will set a new adventure into motion.

Lisa

29118975281_8f747bd329_o.png

Lisa is the strong and short-tempered leader of the Banga Settlement. Ever the realist, she inspires both fear and respect in the villagers but always prioritizes the safety of the settlement.

Vogo

29118975671_1220f4c706_o.png

Vogo is a merchant, and head of Sun Shipping. He regularly does business with a variety of clients, and is rumored to be involved with the illegal buying and selling of military supplies. His plans for Banga are less than noble.

Cecie

29118975351_4702e9dd21_o.png

Cecie is a quiet and reserved girl who works as a herder within Banga. As Lisa’s adopted daughter, Cecie is usually on the receiving end of her mother’s strict teachings. When she runs away from home, Kat is asked to track her down.

Fi

28577006723_e015c964ae_o.png

Fi is Vogo’s bodyguard and close aide. His quiet and cold demeanor is accompanied by a proficiency in martial arts, and he regularly intimidates those who resist Vogo’s demands.

Misai

28909273960_b3e359e916_o.png

Misai is the top miner in Banga, and one of Kat’s biggest critics. His stubbornness leads him into dangerous mining missions in order to prove his worth.

In case there was any doubt, Gravity Rush 2 retains the beautiful open world structure and gorgeous comic-book presentation that fans fell in love with in the previous game. A wealth of story missions and challenge missions (over 50!) are marked by icons on the map, and completing them will reward players with various types of rewards.

29090350502_cb919e8053_o.png

29118975631_bd3abcfa20_o.png

A forbidden land with a wealth of high quality ore, Kat will encounter a number of new Nevi, (or “scarabs” as the Banga Settlers call them) as she makes her way across the Rift Plane. Giant Stone tablets will provide clues on how to proceed, and successfully satisfying their conditions will lead Kat to mysterious new rewards…

• Thumbs Up 1