Awoo.

Gravity Rush 2

FourCartridge

Welp, didn't know there was a thread for this game, I guess I finally have someone to talk with about it ?

I was saddened by the delay, but it was probably the best course they could have taken. Releasing in the same week as The Last Guardian (which is another SIEJ game, but with more hype behind it) and FFXV, it would have been bowled over like it was nothing. At least we're getting free DLC as compensation, though.

By the way, any news about that anime project they talked about awhile back? Quite curious about that.

What is this, the year of delays? Speaking of that push back too, that's going to be one HELL of a week. You got Gravity Rush coming out that Friday, then Tales of Berseria, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and Yakuza 0 releasing on the following Tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...

New deets!

Enemies

Enemies in Gravity Rush 2 aren’t limited to Nevi and Scarabs – Kat and Raven will need to face off against entire city-sized enemies on their new adventure! This particular Ghost City eats entire buildings, reconstructing them as limbs as it fights.

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_001.jpg

Characters

Dr. Brahman is the brilliant scientist who maintains the Defense System in Hekseville. Thanks partly to his daughter Kali Angel’s efforts, he has strong support from the citizens of Hekseville and is regarded as the Savior of the city.

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_011.jpg

The daughter of Dr. Brahman, Kali Angel acts as one of the guardians of Hekseville. Widely regarded as a superhero, she commands and aggressive and wild fighting style and has the ability to heal herself using a crystallization ability.

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_012.jpg

Durga Angel is the second angel of Hekseville, and has the power to crystallize empty space. She flies using large crystal wings she generated on her back.

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_013.jpg

One of the rebels threatening the city of Hekseville, Delta 1 is a formidable cyborg with a graviton engine in her body. Her fighting and flying skills are said to be top notch!

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_014.jpg

No idea who this could be, no sir

Delta 2 is equipped with reinforced armor and built-in weaponry. She tends to offer support fire from a slight distance.

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_015.jpg

Talismans

Talismans, a new type of equippable item, can also be found throughout the mining missions. These let you alter Kat’s abilities to great effect, and can be a great help in finishing certain challenges.

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_025.jpg

Costumes

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_027.jpg

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_028.jpg

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_029.jpg

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_030.jpg

Gravity-Rush-2_10-26-16_031.jpg

Artwork

Gravity-Rush-2_2016_10-26-16_002.jpg

Gravity-Rush-2_2016_10-26-16_003.jpg

Additional info/screenshots at the link. http://gematsu.com/2016/10/gravity-rush-2-details-hekseville-new-characters-fighting-styles

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

EVERYONE, THERE'S A DEMO OF GRAVITY RUSH 2 ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE NOW!

Nice. Although I've already played the Japanese demo... I wonder if this one's the same.

1 hour ago, Weegee said:

Nice. Although I've already played the Japanese demo... I wonder if this one's the same.

It is, only in English this time.

Oh yeah...

It's freaking awesome. Loved it, I might buy it down the road. Super fun, super pretty. The "float around and launch yourself to any surface" is a fun and cool concept, although it might glitch out some times. Combat is good too, fast but precise. And since I'm also a sucker for "telekinesis" super power, I found too much enjoyement in simply picking up trash and throwing it around.

Investing.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, most of the reviews seem to indicate that it'll be quite the good time. Got it pre-ordered and waiting on my shipment notice.

On another note, Shunsuke Saito, character designer and artist on the series, posted a picture on his Twitter showing how Kat gets dressed, and it's totes adorbs.

IMG_1105.JPG

EDIT: By the way, can we get a title change for this thread to "Gravity Rush 2"? That's been bothering me lol

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

I've fallen in love with this game's main theme. 

Spoiler

But considering how much of the ending of the game is a tearjerker, it breaks my heart hearing it because it keeps reminding me of Kat's giving up of her life to save everyone.

Raven's DLC is announced. Will be focused on her and the ARK from the first game, explaining what happened to the missing children in the first game, and focus on Raven's origins a lot more. It's also free.

C5XW4BDWAAA2jj-.jpg

Dropping March 21st. Explore Raven's story

Spoiler

and likely the last gravity rush piece of media we'll get til 2024 -cry-