Awoo.

The Cake Topic

Iggy

red-velvet-layer-cake1.jpg

6184198894_d0c4f846b8_o.jpg

Red Velvet and Vanilla Costco birthday cakes are THE perfect cakes for me: rich as hell, but oh so sweet.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

I prefer fruit cake (not the Christmas kind). Somehow I've kinda lost my taste for anything excessively sweet, so fruitcakes are a pretty good midpoint.

They're small. They're round. And they're half-coated in chocolate. Oh, and the company that produces them got away with the UK biscuit tax because they could prove that they are in fact cakes and not biscuits.

jaffa.jpg?maxWidth=500

Jaffa Cakes are <3

I mean look at that glorious orange jelly center. JUST LOOK AT IT.

300pxjaffacake.jpg

They're the type of cake that never ever gets old. The chocolate is complemented so well by the orange jelly which tastes like actual oranges and not some artificial rubbish and then there's the soft sponginess of the cake bit. So addictive :9

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, I've always wanted to try cheesecake, but for one reason or another, I never could get the chance to eat any. Is it good?

People may call me odd when it comes to cake, but I prefer to stay away from chocolate. There have been a few times where it is ok, but most of the time, it is bleh to me. When it comes to cake, normally I like plain white cake. I do like ice cream cakes as well, but I prefer them to stay vanilla white cakes, and the ice cream to either be vanilla or cookies n cream ice cream. I just always have prefered plainer flavors. I dont like the chocolatey flavors.

Now THIS is my kind of thread!

Oh boy, which one is my favourite? It would have to Chocolate Gateau (Or just Chocolate Cake)

97.jpg

I mean, it's just chocolate, covered in chocolate, and topped with chocolate. How can you go wrong with it? Sometimes the chocolate can be a bit too much to stomach, but I say it's worth it!

I think Homer can do a good representation of how I react to such delicacies.

tumblr_lcxe9azA1P1qbj46wo1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

However, there is no shame in saying "f**k the police" and having cake on an ordinary day.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Rants.

My favourite kind of cake is Tuxedo Truffle Cake. I mean, just LOOK at this.

640.jpg

I want some right now because of this ;w;

But yeah, there's a lot of great kinds of cake out there. I'm more of a chocolate cake kind of person but I'm open to some others, such as cheesecake.

Hm, I've always wanted to try cheesecake, but for one reason or another, I never could get the chance to eat any. Is it good?

It depends on where you get it and stuff like that, I think. Generally speaking though, cheesecake is pretty good. You'll have to try it yourself if you ever get the chance.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cheesecake is the best cake. It's sweet and creamy, with a twinge of tartness from the cream cheese, and then it has a crumbly graham crust under. It's awesome; you need to try it.

Granted, I'm more of a pie lover as it's a more robust dish, and subsequently I can easily co-op cake discussions. Is cheesecake really a cake, or is it a pie? Hmmmm. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Cheese Cake is at it's best when it's been super chilled so it's half way between frozen and soft, the cream cheese literally becomes almost like ice cream whilst the biscuit-y base remains soft and delectable, honestly try a chilled New York Cheesecake that's been in the fridge for a good 5-6 hours, it's unbelievable!

This was one of my most favourite cakes ever... until they stopped selling it over here in the UK sad.png

005535.jpg?v=1

I tend to go for warm chocolate fudge cake and vanilla ice cream whenever I'm in a pub or restaurant these days. I don't eat much cake at home. The best chocolate fudge cake and ice cream I've had so far has been at restaurant chain Frankie & Benny's. It's expensive, but if you ever go there, it's worth it. 

I come with a warning, and a plea.

fNQB1.jpg

Looks like a damn delicious ice cream cake, don't it? Actually, maybe not, but I couldn't find a better image.

Anyway, imagine this: Crunchy chocolate crumbs, wonderful sugary frosting unlike any other, filled with a couple layers of cold vanilla.

I used to like Purity's ice cream cake, until I took a reading to the ingredients. I generally try to avoid transfats. These cakes are made with transfats. Well, great!

Does anyone have recommendations for ice cream cakes that are not full of "hydrogenated so-and-so?"

Edited by Boondoggle

I love to make cakes! but I am pretty bad at decorating as I have only begun to try :).

My Favoritist favorite fave has to be Ice cream cake though! Yummy vanilla and chocolate layers with a crunchy rich chocolately gooey center... YUM!

and on the topic of cake:

This cake is interesting if nothing else....

and I always thought Princess Peach's cakes were beautiful!

C A K E !

I like Chocolate Cake since that my favorite food Chocolate that is. Cherry Cake is great as well. Actually most flavors of cake are great! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm supposed to pick ONE cake that I like? HOW???

Well, I'd probably go with cheesecake. It's never too sweet, and there are a ton of different kinds you can get. I mean, the Cheesecake Factory has dozens of different kinds! I think my favorite is vanilla bean, though. Yes, it is kind of simple-looking, but it's absolutely perfect in every single way. Don't change a single thing about youself, vanilla bean cheesecake.

menu_Cheesecake_VanillaBean.jpg

Ice cream cake is also pretty good, but only Dairy Queen ice cream cake with the little chocolate crunchies instead of actual cake. If it has actual cake inside it, it just gets to be a mushy mess.

I'm also a huge fan of cupcakes! Oh, and chocolate mousse cakes, too. I just really like cake.

also lol the cake is a lie

Edited by Sapphire