Awoo.

The mutability of the Sonic series

Amomynous

The series is about the animals, so shouldn't the main focus stay on them?

The focus should generally be on the conflict between Sonic and Eggman as it has primarily been because it was just those two when the series began; no Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, or Amy, in the beginning it was a hero against a villain. It was just those two when things started off, and having more animals never changed that, so having more humans get focus won't change that either. You can make good or bad characters regardless of their species.

It's like that Looney Tunes comparison I made earlier: There are loads and loads of animal characters, but there are also human characters and a general human world, but their species are generally irrelevant as far as where the focus goes.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

The focus should generally be on the conflict between Sonic and Eggman as it has primarily been because it was just those two when the series began; no Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, or Amy, in the beginning it was a hero against a villain. It was just those two when things started off, and having more animals never changed that, so having more humans get focus won't change that either. You can make good or bad characters regardless of their species.

It's like that Looney Tunes comparison I made earlier: There are loads and loads of animal characters, but there are also human characters and a general human world, but their species are generally irrelevant as far as where the focus goes.

I know the series is supposed to focus on those two. The other characters just add more depth to the world. Those people that say the series needs to delete all characters and just be those two again are just nuts to me.

I know good and bad characters can be either species. PLEASE understand that. I'm not trying to human bash here. I'm just trying to make a simple point that I think this series needs to stay focued on the animals and not the humans is all.

Since this was supposed to be a "funny how things work out" topic instead of a what if, I wanna say I find it crazy that the sequel series to Advance of all things, a 2D Dimps game, directed the gameplay style for so many main series games after it. The boost? It all came from Sonic Rush, and there were only two games in that series. I guess they really needed something new after '06, and the boost was compelling enough. As good of a game as Rush is (I love it) I'm surprised it changed the course of the series for three main games.

I know the series is supposed to focus on those two. The other characters just add more depth to the world. Those people that say the series needs to delete all characters and just be those two again are just nuts to me.

I know good and bad characters can be either species. PLEASE understand that. I'm not trying to human bash here. I'm just trying to make a simple point that I think this series needs to stay focued on the animals and not the humans is all.

Dude, look, I know what your point is. The thing about it is that I disagree with it and that the series shouldn't give a damn about which group it should stay focused on, so long as it has conflict with the heroes and villains that reside in the setting.