Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

As the topic title says, this is just a topic where you explain how you came up with your username. It could be your current one, one you've used in the past, or other forums. I'll go ahead and start with mine.

My other username, Golden Sonic, was based off of Super Sonic. When I was a little kid and first saw the Super Sonic transformation, I used to refer to him as "Golden Sonic" because of his color scheme, and because of the fact that I didn't know what he was called at the time. My current username, Scorch, came from a Sonic fan character of mine that I came up with over five years ago, by the name of "Scorch, the Goddess of Fire". However, I only used the "Scorch" part for the obvious reasons of being a male.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was typing in names I liked, only to find them taken.

Then I thought of something. I took the "Kernel" part from DangerMouse where the title character refers to Colonel K. as "Kernel K." and the "Machinegun" part comes from how I like Shadow using weapons in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Mine's kind of a weird one.

In high school, I would make these little computer games using Click & Create in my spare time. I made this one game called Mike Blast, which was pretty much a total Sonic rip-off with a cartoon version of me running around doing flips in the air and busting up robots. XD I ended up giving it out to a bunch of people at my school, and I pretty much became known as "The Mike Blast Dude" after that.

I used to always have Stitch_Fan as my forum name.

But then when I first signed in on RunEscape in '04, for the the first time ever, I used Gabz Girl. And from then on, it's always stayed with me and I've used it on forums and..well, everything! (except DA and Youtube ^^; )

As for it's origins...I just thought it sounded catchy. My cool nickname for Gabbi, and with girl at the end. It immediately tells you I'm female. Heh. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

It's my initials, Beth Ball. One of my friends in particular calls me BB, and I can't think of anyone else with the same initials as me.

So there you go, The-BB!

Well, many years ago, when I first discovered fancharacters, I naturally wanted to make one. So I did. That wasn't Ekajra though, he was a random one and much more original actually. But after that I'd intended on making an echidna version of myself. And so he had to have my name somehow, which is Jacob. I took Jake, then reversed it(which is really everyone's first thought) and got Ekaj. Then I added an "ra" to make it cooler. And so you have Ekajra.

In 2008 I changed mine to fit in with the valentines day theme... and I couldn't be bothered to change it back.

I dunno, I used to use my name online for everything but fancied a change, partly to protect anonymity I suppose. I love clouds, and I wish I was a sky captain, so there we go ^^

I adore the color green, so I used the french word for green as my username. It's also the name of my main fancharacter too.

I was creating a name for my fan character's extreme gear. At the time, Riders was just around the horizon, and since all the characters had names for their hoverboards, why not mine? Also, let it be known that my character had the board LONG before Riders was ever conceived. Of course I changed things to fit the Riders theme, but only to make it more fitting in the Sonic universe. Later I stopped using my fan character... but perhaps I could go back to it. I don't know yet.

Anyway, the name that came to mind was due to the design. The board was indigo in color, and of course I wanted it to sound fast, so the second name was rush. Indigo Rush.

It bothers me that people think that my name is a spin off of Sonic's namesake, indigo being a shade of blue, Sonic rushing all over the place... it gets annoying.

At any rate, that's the origin of my username.

Well one day I was born and my parents named me Pelly. I know my name isn't common but I'm always surprised when people don't realise it's my real name. Do people think I'm a big fan of the pelican from animal crossings?

• Thumbs Up 2

It's my name?

Ok not first, middle.

Old Cornish name which translates to "without heart".

You can decide if it describes me well or not.

Well, I live in Fairfield and I know how to fence. Therefore, I'm the Fairfieldfencer!

It's my name?

Ok not first, middle.

Old Cornish name which translates to "without heart".

You can decide if it describes me well or not.

Aww Urth...We all know you are the kindest and most caring/loving person in the world :P

(Also real name user names rock! Go go super team of Kevin, Pelly and Urtheart! Fighting the anonymity of the internet.)

Edited by Pelly

My first user name here, Spazoid, came from a childhood word I used to call my friend because he had the habit of freaking out a lot. I just re-purposed it for the interwebs.

Rauzaruke is actually my own way of spelling Gash Bell's 6th spell in the manga. I heard it on the anime once and I liked the sound, so I stuck with it. Pronounced like it looks, Rau-za-ruke (with the "u" being long cause of the "e" at the end)

(
Edited by Rauzaruke

ChaosSupremeSonic.

The name came from me imagining a much more powerful Sonic. "Chaos" because of the power of the Chaos Emeralds, "Supreme" because it meant superior above all when I thought of it, and Sonic because, well, I like Sonic.

Over time, people started calling me CSS for short as I became more known. Kinda interesting.

When I was 10, I was a (overly-shitty) sprite comic maker named Bomberman, and I hosted my own Tripod site called Psyjugme (er, yeah. I know the Psy part came from Psyguy, but I have no idea where the 'jugme' came from). My character at the time was a black Bomberman with green pompoms/gloves, and the comic I had running was called Burntfire and Rometa - which was about a red Sonic recolor with black shoes and a Knuckles invert who basically just did whatever they wanted since I couldn't think of a plot.

Then one day, two guys named Dashspds and Slashspds - and later a Cashspds - (spds means Speeds) emailed me about how they liked my site and wanted to join it and post their own comics. Of course, I said yes - since I thought I was finally gaining recognition.

We were talking over AIM, and I ended up asking what their first names were - just cause. Dash's was Dans, Slash's was Steve, and Cash's was Corey. Eventually, I realized that they just used the first letter of their first name and added a "lashspds" or a "ashspds" to it. I thought it was pretty cool, so I wanted to do it with my name (Brett) - so I became Blashspds. That later evolved to Blash Speeds, then to Blash X Speeds (Xavier lol), then to just Blash.

... Ugh, that was so painful to type hahaha.

Well one day I was born and my parents named me Pelly.
No offence or anything, but your name always reminds me of seagull. I think it's the seagull pokemon's name, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I IMAGINE WHEN I SEE YOUR USERNAME. It's like instant geek flashes in my head or something.

My name means 'blue.' My original name was aoikaze25nami. I love wind (kaze), waves (nami), and blue (aoi), and 25 is my favorite number, so why not? Well after my instant popularity, people just called me Aoi, so it was shortened, but it is the most fun name to play with over the years. EXAMPLES FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS:

Princess Aoilise, Aoigasm, WiiLuffAoii. Then there were wierd things like when I was Guy Power and Remz was Girl Power. Then I was LOL NINJA and Stray was LOL PIRATE then there was some loser who did LOL ROBOT that we wanted to kill.

That was off-topic with my nostalgia. *cough cough* Anyway, Aoi is actually pronounced AH-OH-E, which has always been entertaining to listen to when they tried to say my name on the radio or on Skype. Yay yay yay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Let's start from..the beginning.

FIRST.

I was on Neopets.

My main account was called 'Arle_kiko' because I loved Puyo Pop (main chara = Arle something) and i thought the 'kiko' sounded cool.

Later on, Arle was frozen, so I had to make a new one, cherrycybunny_seeker. Well, because I loved cherries..and cybunnies..and wanted a cherry cybunny..so..I was seeking cherry cybunnys, see? Thus it was born.

Around that same time, I was on AdventureQuest. I was called moonshine, based on a horse's name in a book.

I kept it all until...

I got a youtube account, about a year ago. no..more than that, but still.

I had an internet name of 'Katu' but it was taken, and the Katu lala kulu chain letters where at their prime, and I had recently gotten two cats, Smudge, and Missy. We got rid of Missy, cuz she was getting a little pissy.

So I loved cats.

Thus..

KatuTheKat was born!

I'm actually pretty popular on there...

I'm also called KatuTheKat on DA.

BUT THEN!!!!

After getting accidentally frozen on Subeta as Katu, I decided to become Daisoku.

Would you like to know the story behind that one?

Of course you don't, so i'll tell you.

I was in love with the japanese opening of pokemon: Diamond & Pearl (the anime), and one of my favorite words in it, as I remembered it, was Daisoku, but it's probably incorrect.

So..I began calling myself that.

On Neopets recently (cherry was suspended one-too-many times from those darn RP boards. I do love them, though. XP) I changed to Daisoku

A while ago I changed to Daisoku on Sutaro, and Weazie Oekaki (you guys should join Weazie. It's the best place ever for oekaking needs, everyone's really nice..etc. BUT I SHOULDN'T BE ADVERTISING IT.)

And..Subeta

And FanFiction.net

And......Here.

I just have Mick, it's straight to the point. It's my name. Yeah, nothing like Cuisfinfs or UCrI48. Something that I could remember.

No offence or anything, but your name always reminds me of seagull. I think it's the seagull pokemon's name, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I IMAGINE WHEN I SEE YOUR USERNAME. It's like instant geek flashes in my head or something.

Princess Aoilise, Aoigasm, WiiLuffAoii. Then there were wierd things like when I was Guy Power and Remz was Girl Power. Then I was LOL NINJA and Stray was LOL PIRATE then there was some loser who did LOL ROBOT that we wanted to kill.

That would be Pelliper. Not Pelly. :P There's an Animal Crossing NPC named Pelly who is a seagull-ish person, though.

Wasn't there also a LOL YETI?

Moving on, my name has nearly always been Strong Bad. On Runescape, it was "strongbad338" simply because "Strong Bad" was taken. On Adventurequest, it was Strong Bad. When I joined here I tacked on "Sonic" to the beginning for about a year, as my horrible fan character's name was Sonic Strong Bad LOOLLLLOL. After I quickly ditched the fan character (although I still made sprite and pixel art up until 2007 of him), I had Roarey change my name to Strong Bad. lol. My name has had a lot of variations, such as Santa Bad, Spooky Bad, Ninja Bad (very shortly...), Blaziken (Pokemans week 2007 I think?), it was actually "The Critique Master" for about a week in April 2007 becuz I did SpriteWatch and it was lol. I don't recall any others, but if someone does, tell me!

Mine is merely the matured version of a silly username I came up with about a year into my experiences with the internet. My initial username was Wyd_03, which I used for my first alias in the Newgrounds forums, back in the days I actually frequented them. It had no real meaning, I just thought it sounded and looked cool. I decided to shorten this to Wyd, after finding that the 03 attachment was a bit gaudy according to many Name Rating topics. At some point, I eventually decided to add an "e" the end of it to make sure people pronounced it correctly, namely how you'd say "Wide". My username isn't intended to reflect my physique, because if it was it'd be a complete lie. It's merely a surname to the full name of my alias, namely "Howard Wyde". And some people, strangely, succeed in seeing the name as "Wade". I honestly don't know how people managed that.

Edited by Wyde

My main fan char is a narcissistic, borderline insane vampire bat hence "That Crazy Bat Guy".