Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Do people think I'm a big fan of the the French dude from SF3? ;)

To be brutally honest... yes, that's exactly what I thought. :(

How can you say Sonic or Strong Bad are individually unoriginal? >.> Sonic the Hedgehog was one of the most original characters, and the design of Strong Bad is very unique. Adding them together was like one of the coolest yet unoriginal things ever, though. =D
I meant you taking them was unoriginal. It was like double time unoriginal. It was impressive, but don't worry, it was so unoriginal, it made it original. Get it?

Blur, as in Blue Blur, -_-.

Goddamn I hate my name, ._.

Hey! I always liked you name!

Good times, good times.
The power of nostalgia rules the world. Edited by Aoi

Oh lawdy.

In my early teen years I stumbled across a certain youtube video and found it very hilarious, so I used it as a username.

I kinda wish I could go back in time and kick my own ass. :( At least my name has always been kinda unique.

Everything else I have used is usually just something slightly similar to "Gunther" since it kinda stuck with me yet I don't want to be known as some fish-faced manslut my whole (internet) life.

Edited by gunthetra

I draw my username/primary online handle from one of the characters of a rhythm game called Bust A Move/Groove for the PS1. I loved everything about her, including her dance moves, music, and combos so it just kinda stuck since. Unfortunately, I've realized that as I'm growing older it doesn't really suit me too well, so I've flipped between just using it as a pseudonym of sorts, including just using K as an initial followed by Nakajima. (i.e. K-Nakajima, K. Nakajima).

I probably haven't gotten around to changing it completely since a google search of 'kittynakajima' brings up mostly my stuff. :D

Also, Kernal MachineGun: Danger Mouse FTW!

Well one day I was born and my parents named me Remy. I know my name isn't common but I'm always surprised when people don't realize it's my real name. Do people think I'm a big fan of the the French dude from SF3? ;)

This was such a well written post!!! I guess you are also a part of the super team of real name users.

Unfortunately you also betrayed the super team of real picture avatars :(

When I was in high school, one of my English teachers had us make up a language, or enough of one to write a short paragraph. I used it intermittently in my writings thereafter, and later discovered that it's excellent for passwords (the comp at work bans all passwords with recognizable words in a variety of languages - but it doesn't know Flanayt ;) ). Anyway, thrippa was the word I invented for sparrow or wren - a little brown songbird that goes thrip, thrip. And since I'm short, brown-haired, and sing a lot, I use it often for a screen name. Being made-up, it's never yet been taken, and it's easy enough to remember and pronounce. Although some people do seem to miss the 'h' in it.

Username has three parts!

'dj' - The comes from another board that I used to post to, someone made a topic where s/he was mad that people had 'Dr.' or 'dj' in their usernames if they weren't real doctors or dee jays. Naturally, most of the people put 'dj' in their names for a long while, but mine sort of stuck. It grew on me. To be honest, I think it sticks for my love of music as well.

'Tifa' - This one here has been part of my online handle for ten plus years, people in middle/high school said I had her personality (to which I don't agree anymore) and well, it stuck online. Most people call me Tifa online. (Oh hey, the name comes from Final Fantasy VII)

'Heart' - This comes from the country band Restless Heart. I adored them growing up, so yeah.

Therefore: dj Tifaheart has been my handle for two to three years? Been a while now.

goodgod.png

THAT was my fancharacter known as "Ricky the Mouse" back in late '05. I thankfully changed it in early '06 to a blue Fang the Sniper, changing my screen name with it to "Ricky Fieldmouse", since I was reading Redwall at the time, and "the Mouse" sounded too gay and wankey. Then I changed it to a kick-ass looking blue Pikachu, with a white muzzle and belly fur and with a robotic eye in early '08, shortening my user name to "RickyFLDMS" until the server wipe. Then I decided that since I was the only Ricky on the forum, and Rick Danto wasn't around to confuse people with me, I just went by Ricky.

Aoi, I hope you still have those bubbles you gave me. XD (Which doesn't make sense, since I'm supposed to have them. 0,0)

I'm a quiet guy, and when I made my XBOX Live Gamertag, I chose Silencer226. That's about it, that and I do't want to use a generic Sonic character name this time around.

Unfortunately you also betrayed the super team of real picture avatars
My RL pic will be back, when I take a photo that doesn't make me look ridiculously tired. :)

My name came from a character from a story I'm writing (on it's...10th or so draft). The character isn't the central character though. But, yeah, it came from there.

For a username I've used for years there isn't much of a story behind Cipher. I just thought it sounded cool, actually. :lol:

Hey! I always liked you name!

I always liked you name too, =3 *bricked*

XD. I just never liked my name because it's not original, at all. Actually, it's original every where except here, XD. I should have signed up as AllMightyButtPlug or something, =P.

-Blur

Long post goes in here

You were Knux Chao? XP

Haha, I wondered where what guy went off to. I remember you were pretty prominent for some reason at the time I used to visit those boards.

Well, about my nickname. It's two words that goes well together, describing my fan character *points icon*, following the trend that it was back in 2004 over at deviantART for naming them. It's also quite unique so everywhere I signup to, it seems to not use used (except on that one site, weirdly). Before I adopted it though, I used to go by the name of "Sonicolas" everywhere, which is actually a mix a "Sonic" and "Nicholas", my first name (and I dropped the "h" because I used to not like it in my name). Anyway, I thought that nickname was cool at the time. Now I find it kind of silly. I still use that pen name because many people know me by it though.

Edited by FlameStream

My original username on forums et al (including the Uk's DreamArena, hollar to anyone else who used to go there!) was Amy Rose, but I got alot of grief about that (I used to also use CelticQueen sometimes, too, but disliked that I felt it was too generic). When browing the intarwebs I came across SeanBaby, and just decided I'd nick his idea. It was only meant to be temporary, but it kinda stuck =P

Its starting to annoy me, because people keep assuming I'm a frigging babyfur, but other than that I have no desire to change it

Edited by HelenBaby

My original username for anything, believe it or not, was SuperSonic2323. That name blew HARDCORE, so I had a yearning to change it. In the meantime, I'd created a few original characters I was going to use for a game project and a comic project, and needed a name for the main hero. Finally, Zelda Twilight Princess was announced, and a game magazine I'd picked up was talking about some concept sketches for the new Link, by Yusuke Nakano.

I thought his art was amazing, so I wanted to pay tribute by naming my fictional character Yusuke, after him. Of course, I had no idea it's actually pronounced "Yus-kay", so I'd always go around saying "You-Sook". Blah xP Shame on me. Then I'd had several million people ask me if it was from Yu-yu-hakusho or whatever that anime's called, which I also had no idea about. Ah well.

Well my character is a pirate and pirates sail the seas and I know a little Gaelic and my best friend speaks Gaelic and said I am his "Eileanach" which means Islander and thus I called my character Eileanach and that, is that.

Come to think of it there are many similiar Irish names, like Eileen and Elaine... I wonder if they're all related

I would imagine them to be related in some sense.

Eileen being an Irish name originally and is the Irish form of Helen (did you know that HelenBaby?) but it is more common as a separate name altogether. If you track the name waaaay back to its origin it is both French and Germanic (Ava being the first form of it and as it came over from Norway the Irish made it into Eileen). However the original term has nothing to do with islands or land in any way it originally means "desired one" - that's conjecture of course but according to the research it is usually translated to "desired" or "longed for one"

Elaine is also a French derivative of Helen. Helen means "torch" or "moon" so whilst it relates to nature it still isn't related directly.

Although I do understand where you are coming from Helen. =) Sorry, I am a bit of a geek I do love learning the history of names.

*giggles* They are fascinating, aren't they?

I had an inkling the names might be related. Thanks alot for all the info, learnt quite abit =)

Edited by HelenBaby

You are very welcome.

Yeah a lot of names all have meanings that make them more related than originally thought so it wouldn't surprise me if there is more to them.

Mine is a internet approach to what all people call me off the net.

"Hawkes", which is my last name. Was thinking of changing it to "Hawk-Eye" because that's what my old head chef/mentor used to call me. Dude was like my 2nd dad.

But yes, so I took Hawkes, which looked too plain for the net, so I added a "Z' at the end and I swear, it was like the internet exploded with awesome.

And that is the origin of Hawkz, as boring and plaid as it sounds lol

• Thumbs Up 1

It is nice that as a result of you finding your true username that the internet exploded with the sheer awesome intake it had a result of you registering it. Good story Hawkz it makes me happy.