Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

I have this name here, because my favorite species of animals are foxes, and my fursona is a fox. Vulpine means:

1. Of or relating to a fox or foxes

2. Crafty, cunning

The adjectives are: sly, foxy, wily, artful, crafty, tricky. This would explain my fox-like nature, since I can be tricky at times. 'Vulpine' could also come from the word Vulpes, in which is a genus of the Canidae family, whose members are referred to as 'true foxes', although there are species in other genera whose common names include the word 'fox'. And the web definition for Vulpine is: Resembling or characteristic of a fox, a.k.a. "vulpine cunning".

My username came from a fancharacter that I created a few years back.Ahh, the days when I was gullible, stupid, and listened to crappy music.

Anyway, It just kind of stuck, and I couldn't really think of any other usernames, so this tends to be my handle for almost every website I go to.

My post about my username is on page 2 and then I made another post when I became Foxboy Mick. So if you don't wanna go through those pages and since I can't be arsed to find it... so I'll tell ya the origin of my username.

When this forum was restarted, I went back to just Mick. Later on, I went with Foxboy Mick. I'm fan of Tails and Tails has been referred to as foxboy by Robotnik, so that's where the foxboy comes from. I also happen like foxes and if could be an animal, I would be a fox. I was also inspired by Flyboy Fox as well. Yeah, that's the origin of my username.

• 2 weeks later...

My username is a mix (forgotten the actual term) of kitsune and okami, Japanese for fox and wolf (well, technically it's "ookami", but nee) respectively. Why? I love foxes, I especially love wolves, I love Japan and I loved "Okami".

Simples. -squeak!-

Edited by Kits'Okami

I guess it's back to the very basics.

As I think I mentioned waaaaaaaaaaay back, "Carbo" is a name that literally just poofed out of nowhere. When I first began my internet alias and persona I was known as Carbo the Hedgehog; I was in a mix between the fangaming scene and flash animation scene, but the character Carbo the Hedgehog stemed further back when I first ever tried to draw comics. These were terribly poor comics but nethertheless they sparked my interest that would evolve into art eventually as at the time the only thing I was remotely good at drawing was Sonic characters. The comics were mostly inspired by some stuff that a pretty old Sonic fangaming team known as "Manic Team" did, and I was a huge fan of their Neo-Sonic series. Eventually I decided to take it full on seriously while making fangames but it fell flat when my projects were merely aspirations and ideas which were built upon copypasted engines from SFGHQ that already existed along with poor design, so eventually I'd only end up throwing flash movies until I became a bit more interested in doing art, registered at Sheezy, and eventually grew out of the preconceptions of wanting to live off of other people's works. Hence I started working out my own character, "Carbo", and the rest is history.

Essentially the name still means nothing, as it was still thought up on spot for the lack of a better name, but it stuck with me, and I shoehorned it into my character "Carbo" as it being his nickname due to his affinity to soda, something I can relate to.

I've had a bunch of other names over time, all of these were actually song titles. Recent one was Columind, a song by Filter which I adopted to my email. It's one of my favorite songs

Some time ago, before now but after the dawn of time (when man first experienced the urge to rock), I was very into Megaman. Far more than I am anymore. I switched between Axl and Zero as my username about two times that year, and I finally settled on Axl. Haven't changed it since except for holiday events.

EDIT: WAIIIIT a second, I posted on this thread before! On this page! Oh well. /senior moment (AT 14 YEARS OLD???)

Edited by Axl

well some time ago i was called Coolman and i came up with it one random day when i was on a big sugar hi <_<. then one day me and my Friends where on skype chatting and i seed that i what'd a new name so after much thought we came up with the most simple thing. Nretsew thats my name backward

Western=Nretsew

and i liked it but it needed something (and cos i was making fan characters at the time).from then on i was now as Nretsew the hedgehog

When I first joined SSMB, I went by the name SegaStar. That stuck with me for a while, but then I played a little game called Team Fortress 2. So I said "Screw it." and changed my username to my favorite class: The Heavy Weapons Guy!

I created my username about 6 years ago when I created a Sonic fan character named Sonaos. He started out as a Sonic/Chaos mixture and recolor, and it's stuck with me ever since. It's also apparently Spanish for "you sound you".

I'm just glad I didn't go with Chanic. :lol:

It was my Youtube username. At first I hated it but now I love my username. :) I use it for everything I sign up with. And I have an account for everything. :P So hope to see you! :D

My first username was enishigrudge, as Enishi's grudge ark from Rurouni Kenshin.

I was a MAJOR Ruroken fan, and still a fan. :D

And then I came up with shuichixryuichi as from Gravitation GENZO when Shuichi and Ryuichi were dating. The name stuck. xD

Still a Gravi fan too...

Man it's been 7 years since RK, 5 years since Gravi...

If the usernames shuichixryuichi its most likey me. I use it for everything~

Edited by shuichixryuichi

• 1 month later...

I have always liked using 'Sonikku' as apposed to just Sonic cause it not only has ties to Japanese origin but also sounds cute and not so strong. I wanted something that would rhyme smoothly with Sonikku and describe his colour thus "Blue Sonikku".

I pretty much use this user name everywhere except for dA where I'm DuoDarkShinigami. That's a OLD user name from my fandomness of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing where I was in love with Duo Maxwell. So I combined my three favorite things Duo, darkeness and Shinigami's I liked reapers at the time and so did Duo.

So anyway now I go by Blue Sonikku.

Edited by BlueSonikku

It's the name of a character I created when I was 12 years old. Back when I had a Manichaean view of life. When I thought the world was made of black and white. The first four letters are also the first four letters of my name. I think it sucks as a nickname, but I use it on many forums, just because I developed some sort of attachment to it and my character. But maybe I should change it.

Edited by Franlight

I started on YouTube as Darksonic24, and used that name for a while. After about a year or two, I realized just how terrible of a name it was and what kind of first impressions it could give people, so I got to work thinking of a decent username. I settled on Future Champion when I got a TinierMe account (it's like Gaia, but better), but still wasn't completely satisfied by it. After playing BlazBlue and absolutely loving the main theme, I decided to find out exactly what the title meant. After finding out that an "iconoclast" was someone who "attacks settled beliefs or institutions", I decided that it was pretty much the perfect name for me. I used that name on the SEGA Forum until I eventually got banned for "trolling and personal attacks" (just trust me when I say it's total bullshit) and was planning on leaving, but after seeing the forum explode with topics about my banning and people putting "UNBAN ICONOCLAST!" in their sigs, I decided to change my IP and come back with a different name. I looked for synonyms of "iconoclast" and found "dissident", so I used that. I came to like the name just as much as my previous one, and after asking a few people, I decided to keep it.

Yeah, long story. I know it sounds like I'm just exaggerating/feeding my own ego towards the end, but I swear, it's true.

• 2 weeks later...

I came up with it when I made an account for Battlefield 2 like, five years ago. Someone called me "Gayhawker" because I didn't know you could throw down the medkits. :[

Well let's see a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.........well actually it was three years but oh well moving on.

Three years ago I got myself a PS3 and I finally got it working online and I had to think of a username, I tried "Andy91" but that failed completely, then I had a bit of a flashback when I was in school when we had a leavers assembly and the head of the year was giving out random awards.

Then a award came out called "The Tallest Person of the Year" and I won it, then after a few seconds "Tall-Guy91" popped into my head and there you go thats how I got my name, now three years on and i'm still TheTallGuy. :D

Just for lolz other usenames that I use to have:

Speedfreak13: (used on Runescape back in the day lol) was really into everything fast (like Sonic of course and cars etc) and thats how I got that name.

SpeedfreakX: (again used on Runescape) forgot my password on my old Speedfreak account, so I made another lol.

& SuperSaiyanAndy (used on old forums that I used to go on and on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory) was really into Dragonball Z if that gives it away lol. XD

In 2003 I discovered the existence of Sonic fangames, and became very obsessed with Thirdscape and Sonic MADventure by RedXVI/DragonXVI, I don't know whatever happened to the man, but I do know that he will remain a part of the franchise for as long as I continue to steal a piece of his username.

Three years ago I got myself a PS3 and I finally got it working online and I had to think of a username, I tried "Andy91" but that failed completely.

"Failed completely"?

Like, what... did it break or something?