Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

"Failed completely"?

Like, what... did it break or something?

I just tried and my PS3 exploded into giant chunks of burning metal.

"Failed completely"?

Like, what... did it break or something?

Lol no it just wouldn't let me have that name as it was already taken. XD

It's something my old girlfriend used to call me to tease me, so it's kinda a tribute to her. Even though our relationship couldn't go anywhere, she really helped me open up. I hope she's doing well.

My original user-name is "Scartillery" (shortened to "Scar" due to pronounciation issues).

It combines the word 'Scar' and 'Artillery'. Brilliant!

Mine has something to do with my interest in dragons. I orginally wanted to have SonicSoul (which by the way is my username on Bumbleking) but it was already taken on this site. DragonSoul seemed like a simple but still epic username so I stuck with it.

Anyone who thinks I got it from Dragonball Z Kai's theme song, I say it was a coincedence. ;)

My user name came from the the fact that my first is actually Edward, although not wanting to be called scissor hands or worse yet cullens, I opted for the more nerdy last name and chose Elric. However this is not the usual user name I use.

Mine is simply really. Orange being my favourite colour, Hedgehog for Sonic & 1984/84 was the year I was born. My other usernames are usually orangeunicorn1984, the Unicorn being my mystical creature of choice :D

I chose the name "Core" simply because I like how that word sounds (even though I wouldn't be able to pronounce it correctly =P). Yes that's the only reason, it's just a word that I like, regardless of its meaning. I know it's awfully unimaginative too.

Otherwise I use the name "Kentilan" pretty much everywhere else. It's a name that I made up and that doesn't have any particular meaning. I didn't use it when I registered on SSMB because at that time I felt "Kentilan" was too long for my taste. So I chose "Core" instead.

That was a boring story, I know.

• 8 months later...

Topic “The Origins of Your Username!” was merged into topic “What's the origin of your username?”

Now, everyone has a username, it's what makes us identifiable in the endless sea that is the internet. Every username has a story behind it. What's yours? How'd you come up with it?

To set an example, I'll go first.

It was 2009, and I was just signing up for SFGHQ in order to enter for the RAGE competition, and make an intentionally crappy fangame. So, as I sat there, I thought I might as well go in with a fresh, new identity, a standard one that I would use for years to come. I sat in my room for many hours, going through my neural connections for ideas. I needed an idea! Something! So, I began thinking, "What do I like? Maybe I can use that as a username?" So I began thinking. "Yeah, I like video games, I'm a gamer, that's good... The Nintendo 64 is one of my favorite consoles, so I'll add a 64.... Yes, that's good, but Gamer64 sounds... empty. I need something else!"

My eyes turned to a lone can of Coca-Cola sitting on my desk. That was it! gamercola64! I threw a zero in there for good measure, and I was ready! As time has passed, I've used gamerc0la64 as my formal username, but I want everyone to call me Cola.

So yeah, that's my story. What about yours? Share it here!

Edited by ^DiZnEy^

Jeffhog is an obvious play on words between my real name - Jeffrey - and hedgehog, being a Sonic fan.

I threw in Vizard in there because I just so happen to be a massive Bleach fan.

So yup. Either Jeffhog or VizardJeffhog do I go by.

Back in late 2010, I made an account lazily named "SuperClassicSonic" with the intent to troll the Sega Forums, back then, I also used a picture of Down syndrome Sonic as an avatar, and I'd make shitty joke threads that a person would only get away with on that forum. Eventually I started to take debating about a blue hedgehog much more seriously, because as time went, I saw how constructive people could be when it came to talking about one game. Eventually I got involved in the more constructive debates and the name sort of stuck with me. But I eventually decided to shorten it to "SuperClassic" as it seems a bit less... Trollish, I suppose.

"The Dead Skin" is the name of a song by the Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica.

It was released in their 2009 album "The Days of Grays". The song is one of my top 10 favorite songs from their discography or something. :P

Edited by The Dead Skin

I still wonder how I ever came up with this username. Maybe some good ol' fashioned Sonic music will clear up my memory.

...Eh, nothing's coming to mind.

Edited by The Place-Rocker
  • Thumbs Up 5

My name has several origins:

1. Was because I liked Jets and 2. was because of the name of a company that makes blenders and 3. was because of Jetronic in full is actually the name of a type of fuel injection for automobiles and more.

I thought I was making something original only to realize that the name "Jetronic" is an actual piece of technology, kind of neat.

Back in around 2008, I went around as "Patzo3000"(and still do at some places) or "PBD". one day in either late 2008 or early 2009, I got asked about what PBD stood for. One person jokingly said "Peanut Butter Diamond? XD" and I liked it a lot. So I joined Deviantart as "Patzo300" but when I had problems with my accouint, I got a new one and I accidently misspelled the "Diamond" as "Dimond" and it just stuck. So I started using this name for pretty much everything.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I was MLG PRO in CoD4 and made my name to correspond with my leet skills, bro.

It used to be my gamertag, but I changed it. I used this name on SEGA and just stuck with it on here, also.

Edited by o T a iIi lL sS

My PSN account is silversapphrie, so I use that (or something like it) for nearly everything. I like the color of sapphires. Also it's my birthstone. So, whatever.

Ya know, if I were ever to go all-out and change my entire identity, I have so many good names lined up.

Mines pretty simple. "Wooly" is a reference to my real name, but I'm not going to go further into that... The "-san" part comes from me being obsessed with Japan for reasons I'm not even sure of. If you don't know "-san" is often placed after a persons name when addressing them in Japan. ( i.e. Nathan-san )

Way back in 07, I was a huge Sonic fanboy, like near obsessive. When I went to make a youtube account for the first time, my fanboy inhibitions got in the way, and thus, Soniman32. When I got deleted, I simply switched to Soniman032 (which was in 2010).

Today, im sorta embarrassed to have this username because it just sounds so fanboyish and lame, but I don't want to be going around with 20 different usernames, so I just keep this one just to be consistent.

Edited by Soniman032-

Well, I tend to use the nick Vector because of the character...but since it was already taken, I opted for something simple and I decided to use the first 3 letters of the name: Vec