Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Well....after walking around as a different name, I decided I needed to change it again. Except this time it was going to be with my new look at my life. Eternal X was the final product. Eternal Awesomeness was the beginning of change and marked a place for me. I had an epiphany, Never look back on the past. Always move forward. EA was something I thought of during one of my better days in this past summer. Killing of the Awesomeness and just adding "X" was me saying, I don't need that long word. I'm good with "EX". And it also has a spot in my gamertag. =D

Before I became Ichigo Storm I was known as Super Nack. The only reasoning for this was that I loved Nack but didn't want to be "just Nack".

Back in 2007, I had to create a new email address. Since I was really into Bleach at the time, I decided to incorporate the main characters name into it. (There was another reason too but we won't discuss that). Again I didn't want to be "just Ichigo" so I thought, "People tell me I have an awesome middle name. Why not use it?" And thus, Ichigo Storm was born. And that is the only identity I use online anymore (except on a certain One Piece forum where a middle initial, D., was added)

• Thumbs Up 1

Unsurprisingly I love crows. Surprisingly my username is a homage to a character from Yugioh 5Ds.

It sat with me for the longest time now. :P

Well, you may think it comes from my love for Nintendo, but no it doesn't.

Back in 2008, I was surfing Youtube as a lurker, when I started replaying Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I went on Youtube to see any new or cool videos when I saw a certain one that had me confused.

"Hot Coffee"

I clicked on it, but it said I needed to have an account, so I signed up everything...except my username. I couldn't think up one that would be good. So I waited a couple of minutes before I put in my Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc to play it, when I stopped and stared at my Wii system.

"That's it!" I said as I ran to my computer enthusiastic about being able to see the video. I typed in "Nintendo"

*this username is taken*

"NintendoWii"

*Username is taken*

"Nintendoiscool"

* Is Taken*

"Nintendoisgay"

*TAKEN!*

I gave up, frustrated with Youtube and just said "Forget it" before continuing my adventures on the internet, that is until I saw a recommended video for Nintendogs.

"Nintendogs?" I thought before I rushed to sign-up and typed in "Nintendogs"

*Username is Taken*

It was then that I got a call from my friend, I could tell he was enthusiastic about something by the way he pronounced the first two words. "YO DOG, we're about to head to the mall, you coming?"

"No thanks I'm good" I replied before hanging up and having an Epiphany.

"Yo Dog,

O Dog

DOG."

"That's it!" I yelled happily as I typed in Nintendog again, only this time, thanks to my friend, I added the first letter of his name to my username.

A, before clicking in Sign-up,

*Password is incorrect*

and the rest is History

And that's the story of how Nintendoga came to be.

.....What? I said it was a long story didn't I? Not my fault you wasted 1 minute of your life reading this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gartocer, (pronounced "gar-de-sir" as opposed to "gar tosser") Was just some name I came up with a while back while I was making a (poorly written) Sonic fanfic back when I was into that stuff. I think it was the villain's name, I never finished it thankfully, but I always remembered the name and I like it because it sounds like Gardevoir. I googled the name before making this account and just a while ago, before I came here there were no results at all and now the only results I get are the post i've made here. As far as I know, this is an original name.

This username started out as the one used for BZPower, a message board dedicated to Bionicle. After seeing someone's topic of things they had made with pieces (specifically Chibis,) I found them adorable, so I added them into my name. Deciding it needed something more, I added Nuva, which was added onto the main protaganists when they were upgraded (instead of say, super in the sonic series.) At the time I hadn't purchased any sonic games yet, but not that I have I'll probably change it. Maybe Chaonuva? Yeah, chaos are cute and adorable and would work.

Well, I've always liked the idea that Robotnik had a place where all his oil floated around. My brother was playing Sonic 4 with me, and we got to the bit with the torch. On the other TV, I had Sonic 2 paused at Oil Ocean Zone. My brother said that the torch would probably cause Oil Ocean Zone to explode and blow Sonic into a million blue and red pieces. I remarked that even a match would do so. We had a good laugh.

Later on, I made an account at a now-dead Sonic forum under the name Gulf Ocean Zone, in light of the then-ongoing oil crisis...

Earlier this summer when I was making an account here, I put down my name as "A Match in Oil Ocean Zone," remembering that time so long ago when my big brother lived with me.

Not much story behind my username. I was BD3 (sort of my initials) when I first joined this board, but a few months ago I decided I wanted a more interesting username.

I'm a big fan of The X-Files and I wanted to do something related to it. I really identify with Fox Mulder for some reason, even though I'm not exactly a conspiracy theorist. At first I was just thinking AgentMulder or FoxMulder, but they still felt a little bland. Because of his out-there ideas, Mulder is sometimes called "Spooky" by his colleagues at the FBI. I liked the sound of SpookyMulder and I've stuck with it.

When I first signed up, I was considering "Neon", but I thought, "Nah, I use that too much." So I just started thinking of Sonic characters. Tails was one that came to mind and I wanted to use "TwoTails", but it said I couldn't use that. So, I came up with another way to describe Tails: TwoTailedFox. Please, call me TwoTails ^-^

Edited by TwoTailedFox

Well when I was on the sega forums I was TreThaCapBusta and as I got tired of that place I came here and dropped the TreTha then left the CapBusta. Boring story I know but the name is just random and something I came up with no meaning. I just like my username because it has a nice ring to it.

I used the "wit" of a 13/14 year old:

"I can't come up with a decent username...I'll use my name backwards! Brilliantly original! ...No, I don't like Bocaj, but what if I turn the shortened form of my name backwards? ...Ekaj looks better, but you know what would make it look more better? An e!"

Eh, I still like it though.

Edited by Ekaje

Ishtar..my first username was Bunny Girl, then Alice, then Zoycite, well not even in that order. I remember having Venus in the nickname before though. I got Ishtar because its the goddess of fertility, sex, war, and love. I like it.

Koopalmier.

Koopa are the famous trampoli- I mean, turtles in the Mario series.

Palmier means palm tree in French.

Why such a lame pun ? And why "palm tree" ? Well, palm trees grow in hot areas.

*puts on glasses*

and I have lots of hot areas.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAH

Alternatively, my first username was Koopatinoire.

Patinoire means ice rink in French.

*puts on second pair of glasses*

because I'm a cool guy.

YEEEAAAAAAAAH

I've also had more usernames when I was a noob. Tubba Blubba, Super Sonic, Shadow, and Grand Roi Bowser (Great King Bowser, pretty much the French equivalent of "Mao Koopa"). Ironically, I still have that username on jeuxvideo.com.

Yay for originality ! *sigh*

*takes out both pairs of glasses plus his third pair of glasses and throws them away*

One day, I was goofing off, and I was all thinking, "Hey, I think that it would be a good pun if, considering my consistent back-and-forthness of attempting to be serious and polite, and being a goofy, over the top fake villain, I called myself... PHANTOMIME!"

In any case, it's a play on "Pantomime" referring to my hands-on overacting. Also Phantom, my ideal of being shrouded in secrecy, and sort of controlling things from behind the scenes, and always make everything I do look less significant than it really is.

The making of my username is simple, really...

From since I was that wittle 4 year old tapping his foot to match Sonic, to the 13 year old doing Modern Sonic's finger wag, I was always the strange one, the runt of the big litter, the bar of chocolate in the pool, the stick in the mud, the alligator with a group of 'Diles, the-and I should stop now.

So I'd decided to use a word that matched my strangeness, and what better word than Xenos!

It's the Greek word ξένος, meaning alien, foreign. So it fit my strangeness compared to every other living thing around me.

And I'm STILL called weird! So the name will remain for a good while. Not sure if that's a good thing, or bad...

• Thumbs Up 1

I posted in this topic WAAAYYY BACK in 2009 but I feel my username could do with more elaboration.

Back in 2005, I joined here and SonicAnime for the first time after lurking for about a year to get a feel of how the forums tick. But I had a problem with thinking up a username for the account I would make. So I named myself an anagram of my favourite gemstone. How I regret that now, so cheesy >_< I hate the fact that my DeviantART account is named 'Poridet', that username is sooo lame. I also don't like the fact that I'm still referred-to on TSS itself as 'Poridet' on the articles I made when I was a staffer on the main site.

Then I would temporarily change my username to "Peridot Verte". Convoluted name, too long and too 'fancy', so I shortened it to 'Verte' to keep a connection to the color green, my fancharacter and because I like the way it slips off the tongue because I've always mentally pronounced it "VERT" NOT "VERR-TEE"

Ten years ago, I rather enjoyed Pokémon and Eevee was my favourite. I derived "Eon" from the various evolutions of Eevee, which all end with "-eon" (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, et cetera) to use for the name of the internet avatar I was creating for myself, which began, essentially, as an anthropomorphic Eevee. You can still see the influence in colouration and the size and shape of the ears (see my display pic).

In my case, my user-name is based off of a roller coaster inversion (or loop for those who don't know the terminology) in which the track resembles a Cobra's head. Best example I can find is...

Dscf0171.jpg

My current username is based off of the titular character Ananse (or Anansi, as well as other names) from Ashanti folk tales.

A long time ago a Friend of mine and I always used to say that Word cause it sounded funny. Suddenly the Word came back to me when I was thinking about a Username. And since by then I knew more English then before, I noticed that the Word had "Chick" in it. So I thought a Chocobo would went well with it!

My original username was DragonSoul because I was slowly getting into DBZ Kai at the time. Later I thought the name sounded too generic and lame. I still wanted my new username to have 'Dragon' in it without sounding more lamer. The only things I could think were 'Darkforce' or 'LightSky.' In the end I just put the light and dark parts together to form "DarkLight' and really liked it.