Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Okay, well here's the story:

I was exposed to the internet by a friend who showed me a game called RuneScape (which I played up until a couple years ago, but that's irrelevant). I needed a username for the game, and as is typical of me, I couldn't think of anything original because I'm so uncreative. So I took my friend's username "Frogger470", changed it a bit and combined it with the numbers "101" which I had seen on a billboard somewhere (Because without numbers, it's already taken on really popular websites or games).

It doesn't mean anything or reflect any part of my personality or interests, and it contains numbers at the end which feels a bit because almost no other regulars here have any numbers in their name. I didn't put much thought into it, which I think is a shame really. I guess all those years ago (I was about 8-9 years old) I didn't consider the fact that I'd probably use this username for the rest of my life. Meh, it's too late to change now; I can change it here but not anywhere else, and by now it's already part of my internet identity (google Frogging101; that's me).

Edited by Frogging101

Well, it's a long story...

I got knocked in a vat of chemicals which changed my skin and hair color, and I needed some facial prosthetics to fix several injuries I recieved from this, however this resulted in me having a permanent grin on my face. I bare an incredible resemblance to the "Joker", commonly seen on playing cards and the like, so I took on "The Joker" as a name, and it stuck with me ever since!

Totally serious. Need proof? Just ask Batman!

Origin of my username. Gee that's a tough one.....

Well first of all I was MilesKnightwing, bit of a mouthful.

190px-Sonicchannel_tails_cg.png 250px-Batman_Lee.png 175px-Nw41.jpg

I always like the sidekick who is never quite the centre of attention. Kind of suits my personality.

Then I became NightwingFox which sounds better, lets face it.

My profile is currently a bit Robin mad, so perhaps I should change my name to Dick Grayson or -Robin-?

Edited by Silent Nightwing

Oh cool, this thread existed.

Sampson is just my first middle name, nothin' special. "One-Liner" on the other hand, I'm not much of a talkative guy in real life (including forums sometimes) and don't tend to carry on any conversations, so pretty much the last part of my username stuck to me.

Nothing special, it consists of part of my first name and day and year of my birthday. Yeah, it's stupid, but it has attached to me already. On the bright side, it's not used by anyone anywhere except Twitter and ModDB.

Edited by Nik1895

My 'Caterkiller' username comes from when me and my boyfriend were first going out and we would play Sonic on his Xbox.

On Marble zone the Caterkillers seemed to keep getting us. So he made a voice for them, which made me lose my concentration and one of them killed me. The Caterkiller voice became sort of a meme between us, and when I was attempting to learn Flash, we made this (crappy) animation:

As for my 'lazyperson202' username on DA... I dunno. I tried thinking of all these different cool names but none of them felt right. I ended up picking 'lazy person' since I couldn't be bothered to brainstorm for any more usernames. It was taken though, so the '202' on the end was the number of the house I grew up in before we moved house.

Edited by Guest

Its simple, we kill the Batman its just a combination of my first and last name, with 'o' being replaced with '0' since I'm oh so very creative. NGw00dolph is just for Christmas as woodolph sounds close enough to Rudolph.

I stole it from DBZ. 

When I found pojo.com when I was like 9 and saw it was spelled differently I thought it was weird and kept to using an a.

Isn't it obvious which series my username comes from?

(It's not Zelda)

Not my current name exactly, but from here on out my names will have a pattern of characters that famed JP voice actress Megumi Hayashibara has voiced. They are: Atsuko Natsume (Nuku Nuku), Ranma (girl), Lime from Saber Marionette J, Paprika, Canal/Volphied (Volfield, Vorfeed?) from Lost Universe, Lina Inverse (Slayers), Anna (Shaman King) or even Megumi herself.

Some comment I found on a old Xbox Live(original Xbox Live before 360 Live) promo video making fun of how people make their usernames on Xbox Live.

Edited by XxMLGSmokeWeed623xX

I went from getting my real name for my first email in 2007 (Still using it till this moment), to getting a new name for my nickname based on my imagery stuff (Motwera came from Advanced in another language), I used it with *city, *company. Still using it till this day.

I thought it sounded cool despite being generic.

...Yeah. That's it. I wanted a simple enough name with no excessive amounts of numbers and shit in the way, so I just made it up and called it a day. Sounding like something from Star Trek really was just a coincidence, and I had no idea about the unintentional reference when I first came up with it.

My name is based on the Tiny Titans version of Deathstroke/Slade Wilson, who was a school principal.

I am really fond of Tiny Titans and I like Deathstroke, so that's why I chose the name.

Edited by Principal Slade

I used to call myself "Jake is dead" because whenever I joined a forum I'd just call myself Jake because it's my name, the name was always taken and 9 times out of 10 it was taken by someone who hadn't posted in years.

I've since changed to Jake Bird because I was signing up for something while listening to Andrew Bird......yup yup

well the origin of kimplix started on the xbox 360. i was creating accounts just to keep up the online gaming and sometimes watched some left 4 dead funny moment videos made by kilplix. after one of the free gold memberships was over, i created a new account but mistakenly used a 'm' instead of a 'l'. i didn't notice untill i checked his username. and thus, kimplix came into my life as my usual username

I came up with this name when playing Halo with some friends, and when signing up here I left out the second "R"(I think people can figure out where it goes), I used this name because the name Sonicmania was taken and I couldn't continue using that name for my symbol letters S.M. or using that name for every single one of my accounts this would've been Sonicmania12.

• 8 months later...

I wanted to do something Shadow-related, and my uncle said it would look cool with the numbers. I think so, too. Better than xxxSonicfan321xxx anyways.