Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

It's a mash up of all the things I was into at the time I signed up.

Disney

Sonic

Vocaloid

Mystery Science Theater 3000

I've moved on from a couple, but I don't really like the idea of changing usernames, so I keep it the way it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ending is now 'If'. which is a fairly clear reference to Fire Emblem If. I'm not a Fire Emblem fan by any stretch, so why the change? Because I just like the odd questioning incompleteness of it. It sounds to me like the most important question in the world being cut off for a trivial reason. That's it really.

Because I'm Ryan and I'm the Number 1 Gamer :P

Seriously though, there's no real origin to my normal username, it's just a username I like :P

But what I can do is give you a origin for my previous Scourge The Hedgehog and Nightwing usernames.

Scourge The Hedgehog: A tribute to the one character hit worst by Ken ''fucking'' Penders. Basically. Scourge was a much more evolved, more unique anti version of Sonic in the Archie comics. The version created by Penders was a horrible, cliche, non threatening idiot. But when Ian Flynn got his hands on Evil Sonic, he became Scoure and he was turned into one of the best villains featured in the comics, a power mad version of Sonic with all of Sonic's negative abilities and personality traits turned up to 110% and all of his positive traits turned into negative ones.

But at the end of the day, he was still just a alternative version of Sonic so he should clearly still be usable in Archie Sonic right? Right? RIGHT?

No. Because Ken ''Fucking'' Penders is trying to claim that this:

Evil_Sonic.jpg

Is a 100% totally unique character and that if Archie dares to use him, he'll sue because he's a sue happy asshole. Therefore, EVIL Sonic the Hedgehog is unusable in Archie Sonic. All because of a fucking idiotic and outrageous claim.

As for my Nightwing username, I simply choose this for two reasons. He's my personal favourite Batman character, the best Robin in the entire series, and was recently announced to be fully playable in Arkham Knight. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure I explained this before, but it's probably buried by now.

I came up with the username for no other reason than that I consider myself a little funny in the head. Which you may or may not be confused by...but if you knew me in real life, you'd understand perfectly.

That's...it, really.

Originally, my username was MeltingComet, which's origin story dates as far back as to when I had trouble deciding a username on Xbox Live, and when I let it randomly pick one for me.

As of now, I picked "Kaze no Klonoa" due to well, Klonoa! Before the server wipe, I was probably known for constantly changing my username. At least every month, once or twice. I was "T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas" at one point and I honestly don't really remember the other names. But one name in particular that stuck with me was "Kaze no Klonoa", which is the name that a lot of people seem to recognize me with at this point, so why change now

Oh, the reason why "Kaze" is replace with "Inkling" is because I'm currently really into Splatoon, sooo

• Thumbs Up 1

My nickname has always been like this since i started browsing the Internet back in 2006, for each community i visited. And it's very simple too: the first three letters are just the final letters of my name (italian version of Matthew) and the rest of it is the name of the race i used first and i'm using the most in the tabletop RPG Warhammer Fantasy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I first time used this username with PSN. Ripe is my real life nickname which I have had as long as I remember and FIN, well I guess it quite self-explanatory

Oh, the reason why "Kaze" is replace with "Inkling" is because I'm currently really into Splatoon, sooo

So you're a squid and not a kid?

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually have no idea. Of course the 'Wil' part is my real name (spelt with one L to help it 'flow' in terms of length), but the numbers were completely random when the username was first conceived for whatever reason. Since then I've just kind of stuck with Wil348, as I think it's short, simple, and has a nice ring to it.

And the Definitive Edition is just because it matches this console generation. Amirite?

My original username was KaBlamJamDan. I first used it on newgrounds and basically where I got the inspiration from. Since you can "Blam" games, I decided to use that as a template for my name. The rest of the words are mostly for rhyming purposes and to be catchy.

I later changed it to "Dan the Daniel" because I thought my old one sounded really dorky and I rather be known as Dan instead of "Kablam".

My original name when I signed up on here was "FelixTheKid", but I just shortened it to Felix because it's much easier to refer to and doesn't sound. Plus, it is my name so yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love sweets. That's all. At first I wanted it to be " OrangeSmoothie" or "VanillaBean". Then I choose "CottonCandy" because,...why not? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sapphire is… uh, my birthstone. I know, I know, super creative. I tend to use it in some form for all my usernames scattered across the internet, so I just stuck with "Sapphire" here cause it wasn't taken. 

The name "Killtank" is supposed to be a joke. I'm a big guy with broad shoulders at 6'4", but I've been told on more than one occasion that I'm not at all threatening. The idea behind it was to give myself a comically threatening name as a wry attempt to compensate. 

"NazcaPilot" is a name that I've had for ten years. I'm not all that old, but it's the only other name I've used since I began using the Internet. It's simply a name that alludes to my interest in aliens and the paranormal. I've always had an overwhelming interest is such topics, and the name grew out it one day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was playing Knuckles' story in Sonic Adventure and was hit with a brilliant burst of inspiration.

I specially created my username for SSMB and have never used it anywhere before. Usually my username is "StoryMaker" or some variation thereof (usually StoryMaker the Echidna). That's...entirely because when I was five or six Dad helped me create a private blog and I posted stories on it, and at the time I was under the impression that usernames should be based on one's website. Yeah.

So cool that this topic has been around since 2009!

I was huge into 4Kids when I was young. When they rebranded their site as "The Game Station" back when they had just started airing shows on both Fox and the CW, I had to sign up for a new account, because I forgot my password to the old site, and they added tons of new features to the My 4Kids accounts that actually made them worth using. Since Sonic Riders Zero Gravity was about to be released, I chose sonicriders. I was a big fan of the Riders series as a kid.

I was thinking about changing it a while back, but I decided that there wasn't any other name that felt right, or identified me well enough. Sonicriders didn't really do that either, but it at least reminded me of simpler times and also reflected the type of games I play: action/arcade, so I stuck with it. [emoji14]

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

my nickname here has a Deviant art origin

i was going to put me.. "Drawlover"  :D but then i discovered there is was already a Drawlover at DA :lol:

so i just added "Lala" because of pure randomness..

then with the time .. i started to like the nickname.. :D

besides my true name is Pamela .. so its like Pamelala >//w//< don't tell anybody..

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 1

The old one was something I thought was cool and had a nice ring to it.

Few years later, it felt kinda tacky to me and wore out its welcome. I've just been converted to the awesomess of DC's Vertigo series Hellblazer, and seeing as how much I love the cynical bastard, I opted for a change to reflect the namesake of one of my newest comic book character favorites.

I witnessed the glorious day when our lord and savior Groose descended from Skyloft and told all twelve of his loyal followers, myself included, that the day of reckoning will come soon and that only his disciples will be saved when the Groose will be set loose.

As such, I think it is appropriate that I use my master's name in my username to indicate where my loyalties lie.

my__what_a_guy__grooston_by_thefunniestb

• 5 months later...

Because this is your nick name? Something special? Your nickname have a History? Tell us!

Well, my first name here is Marcelo Malaman, my real name, today I changed to Solister, but what means? I picked up various names of my favorites characters, and I choose three, Sonic, Vector and Alis (From Phantasy Star), After I Mixed the three names, and stayed, Solistor, It was kind of weird, so I changed the o to e  and staid Solister

Hm, well. I came up with the username 'Haalyle' back in 2009, when I was surfing the forums of Neoseeker (of which I've been a member of for four years).

It's kind of a weird mix up of the name Hayley, but I decided to get rid of a y, add an l and another a. I basically use it everywhere now. And I feel it's very unique to me, much like my real name.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I have a few Sonic fan characters and Mikyeong is one of them (she was half sealion half human at first) but yeah I named myself after my FCs

• Thumbs Up 2

Well mine is kiiiiinda weird. Better than nothin I guess. XD I wanted something that was kinda normal like Amy's name yet cool like Sonic's and something that came from Shadow's name cuz he was, like, my childhood cartoon crush. Thus, the name SHADA was born. Can someone give me some tips on how stupid it is and how I can change it up a bit? Even though this, kind of the only thing I could think of....AGH!  :blink::unsure: