Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

The usual. Fancharacter name and what not. The actual first name of said character is my zodiac sign, Virgo.

to the beginning for about a year, as my horrible fan character's name was Sonic Strong Bad LOOLLLLOL. After I quickly ditched the fan character
Man I thought your fancharacter was HILARIOUS (once again, no offense). Because I was like, 'How can you take two unoriginal things and pack it into a super mega unoriginal being?' This was the Sonic Strong Bad. I'm not one to talk though, I had a pink tails with an Amy Rose dress for a while until I cam up with Aoi Trellia. Yeah, good times.

My bestfriend was getting a dollfie, and while she was telling me about it her housemate asked what we were up to, my friend meant to say "Molly is over" be instead said "Mollfie", combining dollfie and Molly. Exciting isn't it?

I had a friend called Sugar and I wanted mine to be similar to hers in a way. =D So...I was thinking...and thinking...then "Sugar, Spice and everything nice.." just randomly popped out of my head once I saw a Blossom picture from PSG. So yeah, my username is Spice...and used it since late 2006. =3 (I enhanced it here in SSMB to Spicylicious~)

Oh, this again eh...

Well, back when I was a ten I used to play a game called Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast ( actually I just played through it recently due only to nostalgia lol). So when deciding on username for the multiplayer part of the game, I ended up with the name Kye. The name came from a puzzle game I was playing recently (-Wiki-). However, it was confused for being similar to the main character of the game, Kyle. So, some players made fun of it, and I decided to change it. That's where the name Jedidude came from, and I've been using it ever since.

Edited by Jedidude

Mn, it's a bit meandering, but here we go...

The first place that I started setting up any kind of lasting internet presence was on GameFAQs. Around the time of SA2B I had a question I wanted answered, so I went to sign up, but I couldn't think of anything to call myself that I liked, so I ended up naming myself after the subject of the question: the event-only Knuckles chao (shortened to Knux Chao for simplicity's sake).

A while after Sonic Heroes came out, a roleplaying topic started up on the Heroes social board about an insane asylum. It wasn't anything amazing, just a bunch of people being as absurd as possible for the sake of laughs. At any rate, I was one of the first to sign up, roleplaying as a Knuckles chao and starting as a patient, then graduating to a guard when I decided it was more fun to slap around escaping patients than to try to escape myself. At some point in this I died, reincarnated, and evolved into a Devil Knuckles Chao, then went up several power levels/through several redesigns until the character didn't even look like a chao anymore. The RP died ages ago, but I kept the character as a representation of myself.

Eventually, though, calling it "Devil Knuckles Chao" just became unwieldy, not to mention it's not even an actual name. I started playing with the words "devil" and "dark" in my head and ended up coming up with Dio, which sounded pretty good to my ears. Not long after that I was skimming through a book for a philosophy class and I found the name Diogenes, and since I figured I was pretty cynical (in the modern sense, tho') and I was already planning on using Dio, I'd just use Diogenes and have Dio be the short form. And although it wasn't really relevant anymore, I decided to stick with the character's roots and call him Diogenes Chao.

That worked for a while, but over time I realized that, while I liked the character, he wasn't me. So I created a new character, one that did a better job of representing me (and evolved into something far less ugly, for the record), and started calling him Diogenes. The former Diogenes Chao became Nerus, and for the sake of making something less restricted to the Sonic universe I dropped the "chao" part in favor of making him a sort of hive mind virus colony. At any rate, "Diogenes" no longer referred to a chao, so when the opportunity came up, I just dropped the "Chao" from "Diogenes Chao".

So, yeah. That's about 7 years of history compressed into a few paragraphs explaining why I call myself what I do.

I didn't want to use my old username, Tiki-Tails, because I'm getting sick of it.

A while back, I read about some adorable Sonic fan-comic that gave little bios on each of the characters (they were babies in the comic). It said that everyone else couldn't pronounce Rouge's name, so they just called her Roo. And I loved how it sounded.

I have no idea where I found that stuff, but I remember the little drawings of the characters were so cute. :P

Well my character is a pirate and pirates sail the seas and I know a little Gaelic and my best friend speaks Gaelic and said I am his "Eileanach" which means Islander and thus I called my character Eileanach and that, is that.

I'm a fan of web series Neurotically Yours and the main character Foamy loves bagels with creamy creamy cheese, thus CreamyBagel was born.

My username now is Mr. Mexican but my display name is Vandroiy. That name is from a character in the Metal Opera series from Avantasia. I think it's a bad ass name.

Take two words via a random word generator (Demo and Fax) and stick them together :D I kinda liked the way it sounded so this has been my name on many a random site for about a year now. The best thing about it is it's never taken.

I used to have a few other names when I was a noob and foruming was new to me. The earliest one I remember is 'Speedy' which was short for 'speedofsound' which was a random name I went by on youtube and deviant art and everywhere else.

Cant remember the ones i've had in between then and now but they weren't anything significant.

Demofax I actually really like how that sounds and think it suits you.

Hee thanks. ^^

Omg I love your signature. 8D Animaniacs ftw! *starts singing nations of the world*

Edited by Demofax

I think next time I want a random name generated I will check out one of those sites. You've inspired me Demofax. ;)

Wow, I inspired xD Glad I could be of service in some small way. :) I like Eileanach though, it's nice and unusual. Isn't it also a lake in Scotland? Or am I thinking of something else?

It's a mountain, loch and a housing estate in Scotland (it gets around) but as far as using it as a name goes... it's VERY rare. So I like to think I serve some form of uniqueness. No one ever knows how to pronounce it though which gives me a good chuckle.

So you are right Demofax it is indeed a lake here in Scotland.

Man I thought your fancharacter was HILARIOUS (once again, no offense). Because I was like, 'How can you take two unoriginal things and pack it into a super mega unoriginal being?' This was the Sonic Strong Bad.

How can you say Sonic or Strong Bad are individually unoriginal? >.> Sonic the Hedgehog was one of the most original characters, and the design of Strong Bad is very unique. Adding them together was like one of the coolest yet unoriginal things ever, though. =D

My name, Aokiji, came from the One Piece and probably my favorite character in the show. I wanted to use something different for this site but I've been using this username for years and it just feels right now. Everything else I tried just didn't flow right as Aoki did. XD It stinks I ripped the name from someone but it's who I am now.

Snatcher = My all-time favorite videogame.

2047 = The year that the Snatcher storyline takes place in.

Or you could take the 2047 as 20-4-7, or 24/7.

That's actually pretty similar to my "Blue Bomber" username that I've had in the past, which was based off of Mega Man.

Edited by Scorch

My original name, "Thunder", was the name of my faggot fan character I used to have when I was younger.

My current name, "Solid SOAP", is the name I created for Xbox Live. It's an an anagram of Solid Snake and Snakes on a Plane, I made the name when I was into the Snakes on a Plane hype, so Solid SOAP actually means Solid Snake's on a Plane.

Mine came from the cameo hedgehog character of the same name in Fleetway's Sonic the Comic Issue's 161 and 162.

Usless Information: Turbo the Hedgehog was introduced in StC on July/August of 1999 well before Sonic Adventure 2 making him technically the 3rd hedgehog in the series but I'm probably wrong :P.

Well one day I was born and my parents named me Remy. I know my name isn't common but I'm always surprised when people don't realize it's my real name. Do people think I'm a big fan of the the French dude from SF3? ;)

Princess Aoilise, Aoigasm, WiiLuffAoii. Then there were wierd things like when I was Guy Power and Remz was Girl Power. Then I was LOL NINJA and Stray was LOL PIRATE then there was some loser who did LOL ROBOT that we wanted to kill.
Good times, good times.

EDIT:

To be brutally honest... yes, that's exactly what I thought.:(
He's not bad. I play him just because we share the same name, haha.

Well it is a nickname that my friends call me since I wear black all of the time and I am kind of quiet and sneaky when I am in the mood.