Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

I haven't thought about my usnernames origins for years. I'm sure I posted my answer to the question back when this thread was made a billion years ago. But instead of going back to read it, I'm going to amuse myself by telling the origin of my username as far as I can remember it all these years later and then go back to see if the story I told over a decade ago is the same:

As a teenager I liked Sherlock Holmes, and on another forum I chose the name Dr. Watson. When I came here I wanted to have a similar name but not the exact same, so I chosed batson instead. Why "bat" specifically, and if this had anything to do with the animal, I don't remember. I also have no idea why I chose to write the name without a capital letter.

Oh gosh, the origins of the name “BunnyVidsYT” is as stupid as the actual name is. I’m well aware that my name is incredibly silly, but it’s not one I’m willing to give up. So here’s the origin story:

I was 12, about to turn 13. My username back then was “imabunny156”, which was my Animal Jam username at the time. Because I was a bunny in the game. How clever.

In any case, one day I was playing Minecraft with a friend and for one reason or another, the idea of creating a YouTube channel came up. We were kids, and like any kids in the modern day we wanted to be YouTubers!

My friend said that I would be a really good one, and I said “Yeah, maybe, but I don’t know what I’d name my channel if I had one, though.” My friend replies with “Bunny Vids!” And naturally I go, “Bunny Vids? Hm.. BunnyVidsYT!” And we both agreed that it was the best YouTuber name ever!

The next day I changed my name from imabunny156 to BunnyVidsYT, both on Minecraft and the small art forum I was on at the time. I’ve kept it ever since. I don’t know where that friend is now, I lost contact with them ever since that forum shut down for good. But nonetheless, BunnyVidsYT will stay my name all the same.