Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

I used to use an emoticon on MSN which I had coded as ;e.

So I used the name.

I am not making this up.

However, I couldn't be arsed to change it AGES ago, so yeah, I guess it stuck. I've a few previous names, but not at this place.

Take a wild guess.

You like shaving virual bea--*SMACK'D!* OW!

Anyway, my sordid/gay (happy!) tail tale begins long, long ago - 2003. I bought a Gamecube and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, one day, and after playing the latter on the former, Shadow (for one reason or another) became my favourite character. Don't ask me why, I'm sure my reason (whatever it was) made absolutely no sense. Regardless, I ended up making another nickname for myself (as making nicknames was the style, at the time, at least for me). I became, for lack of a better term, Mecha Shadow, because I had no creativity. Perhaps it was made because, along with liking Shadow, I also had a thing for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and particularly Mecha Sonic.

Thus it all come together, like a universe collapsing on itself, the end.

...except it wasn't the end, because around June, I decided to join up...well, here, basically. Unfortunally "Mecha Shadow" was taken (possibly a dummy account, as it never had any posts), so I just took out the space and stuck with it. "MechaShadow", mostly unnoticed, came on to the Sonic Stadium Scene, and the rest is history.

...which goes something like this:

* Sometime in my 'career' of making sprite comics, I came to find the MechaShadow name a tad boring so, to be more original, I changed it to "Mex Shadow" (I said more, not totally). I think that was around 2004...

* Last year, or the year before, I changed my SSMB name to just "Mex". Can't remember exactly why...

* Tried signing up here, again, as "Mex Shadow", but the filter meant I had to use "Mex". In an effort to be more original, and inspired by "The Mex Mix" (which is also mine), I became "The Mex Mixer"

...it sounded cooler in my head...

...that's it...you can go play, now...

Edited by The Mex Mixer

My name was originally coined for my LiveJournal some years ago. It was meant as a partner to my girlfriend's then-LJ-name, Canon Kitten. Flyboy because I love aviation and planes, and Fox because I was into StarFox at the time and had even named my cat Fox after Fox McCloud.

Yes, my name was coined pre-Sonic. No, it wasn't intended to refer to Tails. But over time, and as I became immersed in the Sonic fandom, people assumed it refered to Tails and it just kinda stuck, so I never changed it.

I wanted a dual-meaning name that wasn't Rose <_<.

Also I can also mess around with it so much, that's why it's fun :).

Edited by Violet

Wow FlyBoy that was actually really interesting to see the story behind your name I was always curious if it was to do with Tails or if it was something else. That's really cool it started off because of StarFox and not Sonic. Glad you kept it.

September 27th, 1985. I was born, and my parents William and Leanda called me Mark Andrew Kidley. Fast forward to December 25th, 1991 - I get a Mega Drive for Christmas, my first console. That day I became a Sega fan.

So yeah, not that interesting, but you kinda get the jist!

Neopets, other used names, underscore, 4x3.

Nothing more complicated than that. I tend to use other names like SonarDragon (also from a Neopets root) but I tend to just keep Nintendo_6444 so people know who I am. =/

I have no idea where Katanga came from....

My original Username (MC Katanga) was derived from Katanga, and my Initials (MC). Then I changed to Katanga, and SCG (Steel City Gamers) Katanga on some forums. Finally, I settled on Katanga Askar. Askar means "Guardian" in arabic, and is my favourite Halo 3 Achievment.

This user name just happened... one day I decided, I need a new name, my current obsession was runes and magic, but I wanted something that wasn't taken. My name before that ANGELxZER0 has a long history.

First it was OneWingedAngel, after Sephiroth from Final Fantasy. This was too common, When I got banned from warcraft 3 because of my brother, I needed a new name. Everyone already referred to me as angel, so I kept that part.

I was into swordsmen at the time and had only just herd of a series called mega man, I fell in love with zero.

so, Angel Zero it was.... but wait, your not allowed spaces or underscores. AngelZero was taken... I had to get serious!

I looked at other peoples names, they had X's in them... X's as am sure you know is the second most sexy and futuristic letter after Z... but where could I put it...

xAngelZerox didnt look too good to me, so...how about the space AngelxZero....looked a bit silly, ANGELxZERO, this was much better, but the O stood out, being too think, so instead i used the number 0, as a sort of...awful pun.

so ANGELxZER0 it was, and thats how most people have known me up until recently. When my story writing developed i created Angel Zero and gave him a full story and background so i felt it was only right to change my name.

I was a kid when I made my first e-mail, and at the time there was the whole millenium buzz going on, so "2000" was a pretty cool number. My RL name is Jeremy, and my nickname is Jez. So I figured "Jez2000" for a username. Alas it was taken, so instead of it's suggestions (Jez2001, Jez2002, Jez2003 etc), I went with roman numerals.

Thus my username was "Jezmm".

Fast foward a few years where I actually start using it as my username upon joining forums etc. I soon discover people are pronouncing it "Jezem". At the time I also didn't realise this sounds rather similar to another word also.

Since then I've capitalised the Ms to hopefully make it clear they're meant to be pronounced seperately. "Jez-em-em". But I wouldn't be surprised if people still pronounce it "Jezem" anyway.

I’m a huge wrestling fan and back when wrestling was at it’s best there was a guy in WCW called “Raven”. He’d actually been in ECW but living in England I never had a chance to watch it. Out of all the WCW crew Raven stuck out with his grunge rock look and his poetic promos about pain, despair and anguish. One of his catchphrases was “What about me? What about Raven?” that he would usually scream should he not get his way. So in homage to Raven I took his catchphrase and threw my name in there.

I’m not exactly the most creative sort when it comes to names. I went through a couple on forums years ago until I finally settled on Rau, which is just my initials. The 866 part came about because most sites won’t let you have a three letter username.

Mine is my very first Sonic fan character that I have had for a long time, he used to be evil but now he's not. He is kind of like a male hedgehog version of me but more silly.

:\/

i'm named after a boss in the MD classic Gunstar Heores, I just replaced the word seven with the number 7. I dont have any plans to change it I think it sounds cool.

I don't really have an interesting story for my user name, and my name really isn't creative as it could have been. Knuckles has always been my second favorite character, and I also (and still do) love chaos from the adventure games. So I just thought of the idea of a Knuckles Chao, and the rest is history. I tried changing my name on another forum, and I just confused everyone. So I just kept the name instead of changing it.

Fast foward a few years where I actually start using it as my username upon joining forums etc. I soon discover people are pronouncing it "Jezem". At the time I also didn't realise this sounds rather similar to another word also.

What up Jizz 'em!

Long story time:

-About 6-7 years ago, I joined a (illegal) racing team named Team Ciel. During that time I was fairly obsessed with the game Yoshi's Island, so I was nicknamed CielYoshi. This is the nickname I use in RL and for mail accounts.

-During my first racing year, I won 7 of 10 races, and by the 6th race the MC started to call me the "next big thing" (in spanish, of course), so I started using "NextBigThing" as my nick in the racing forums (I don't quite remember why I started using it in english, though, as initially I was using "LaProximaGranCosa", in spanish. Wasn't there a movie with that english name?).

-In a RP on a forum (I don't quite remember what forum it was, but I think it was the Pokémon Zeo forums) I had the role of a necromancer, so I put as my name "The Dark Master NextBestThing". Somehow it stuck and everybody started calling me DMNBT, so I decided to use that nick from then on.

Quite the story, huh?

Also, I remember going by the handle "pikachu566" before all that, but for the life of me I can't remember the origin of that one.

I meant you taking them was unoriginal. It was like double time unoriginal. It was impressive, but don't worry, it was so unoriginal, it made it original. Get it?

Only I, Strong Bad, could have done such a ridiculous fusion and not come out with a jarbled mess.

Sonic Strong Bad for best fan character 2009.

I'm not about to list every name I've ever had in here and why I took it. I was MFZB on the old boards, standing for Mother Fucking Zebrahead Bitch (the name of one of their albums.).

But my member name right now is Thirteen, because when I signed up here as Sparrow (taken from the title of a tentative Billy Talent song for their next album) I saw my new member number was 13...so I figured I'd go with something NOT ripped off from a band.

Hence, I am the most unoriginal member on the board since I named myself after the number in which I was given when I signed up here rofl.

Way back in the day, I used to have a hard time coming up with user names, especially names that weren't taken. Because I used to obsess about my common username being the same as my Email, I had some strange ones (finding unique Gmail addresses without using numbers is hard).

So, my favorite element is phosphorus, and that seems like a pretty unique user name. But it wasn't (as a result of this, my XBL name is "not phosphorus", because phosphorus was taken.

So this one time I was joining a Dawn of War clan, and because there weren't enough characters to go around, I shorten it to "Phos".

Later on, I realize that "Phos" is a Greek route meaning "light", so I decide to stick with it, even though I had been pronouncing it with a short O (it's supposed to be a long O).

Blur I actually like your name I think it is cute. =D

Thanks, XD. The only thing I actually do like about it is that it's short and sweet, =D. People rememberz it easy it seems like, <3. Or maybe people seem to remember my name because I always do the annoying thing below, XD.

-Blur

A long time ago, back far before the Great Hack, I was known as Sonic 2.5. Why? I had no clue. I never posted and hovered until the Great Hack or whatever happened causing the members to have to rejoin. Late 2005 I joined back up under the user name, Fullmetalsonic84. As you might can guess, Fullmetal (Alchemist sonic (The Hedgehog) 84( Random number I chose. Before the server wipe I was called Full and FMS for short.

Now because of the sonic in name ban, I have dumbed it down to The-Full, because I have come across the username Full being taken all over the interwebs some even Fullmetalsonic84(which really sent me over the edge). Cause I'm Full, and no one can imitate this! *Shot*

~Fullmetalsonic84

Edited by The-Full

I need to admit I quite like "the-full" as a username. It's a lot easier to remember than FullMetalSonic