Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

This was such a well written post!!! I guess you are also a part of the super team of real name users.

Unfortunately you also betrayed the super team of real picture avatars :(

I am too! (although mine has 'Baby' on the end =P)

I also don't use a photo av atm =P

I think it's great people feel comfortable using their real name online, I don't because the internet is quite a sucky place. However, it is lovely when people do it's just one less question to ask them when you are talking to them.

In some cases it depends, for me Urtheart isn't used around the net often since it's such an old name, and possibly it's meaning.

Mind you a lot of people seem to think I'm a girl when they first hear it, and I've got no idea why?

I never thought you were a girl though Urtheart. Although I can see why other's would think so. XD Well Urtheart is an old name and it is interesting to hear stories behind old names and all that.

Right, let's get this over with.

Cov - short for Coventry. Tis where I live.

Skin - short for Skinner. Tis my surname.

The weirdist thing about the name was one day when at a football match, I saw someone wearing an England football shirt, with the name "Covskin" on the back. I'd already been using the name for at least five years by then, so I still claim I got there first.

Johnny Sasaki...

So basically back when Metal gear solid came out I thought it was one of the most awesome games out at its time. But I didn't like the name snake to much... So I picked one of the lesserknown background Characters Called Johnny Sasaki and I have been using the name for a fairly long time.

If you any of you ever played metal gear solid 4 its the guy who Meryl marries. In metal gear solid one he gets beat up by meryl and is the sick cell guard. In the metal gear solid 2 hes the guy Emma bumps into on the bridge and is the guy in the bathroom. In metal gear solid 3 Thats Johnny's father guarding big bosses cell.

I kept randomly throwing together different sets of two-word names until I found one that sounded fucking awesome and stuck with it. Virtually every other nickname I've ever had is probably outright facepalm-worthy, but thankfully it's been about 6-8 years since I had one different to my current one.

Interestingly enough, even I don't have a clue why I never include a space in my username. I guess I can't standing hearing it out aloud as two seperate words.

If I feel like being different for a change, I'll usually temporarily change my username to a tl;dr related theme - most commonly a "Captain Rant", which I'm pretty happy with too. You probably don't want to see the avatar I accompany it with though. >=D

Edited by Blacklightning

A few years ago I came to the conclusion that it would be prudent to have a distinctive online name that fit me for any purpose, the kind that would be the same whatever web site I was involved in. My name is a combination of my top two "alter egos" of the imaginative sort from my younger years. Baron Soontir Fel is still my favorite Star Wars character, and I still enjoy James Bond 007 just as much (I joined the spycraft as the self-commissioned "Agent 001" - laughable, eh?).

I have been posting this story on the SSMB many times. xD

Many, many years back, I still did not have my own, unique online alias. My whole school and I used to hang out at mIRC, an online chatting client. I kept trying out nicknames, but they were always in use. There were even a few times when a moderator I had never seen before joined the channel and banned me for trying to steal his nickname.

In the end, I just wanted to come up with something so incredibly silly, that it would be nearly impossible for anyone else to use. Like, who would be stupid enough to use something like that? This was when I came up with ^DiZnEy^, and I started using it everywhere I went, including forums like the SSMB. The reason as for why I stopped using it here was the fact that the old SSMB banned the use of "^" characters in nicknames.

I started using Diz, as most people that I talked with online kept calling me that. Eventually, I felt that I would like to use it as a real nickname, as it certainly does not sound as pathetic as its 'full version'. I like it. I find it great how ones username can change from something silly or obvious, to something more unique and fitting.

My alternate username, before I got the Diz thing, was and still is Radidsh. This is merely one of the few (some being quite insulting) nicknames which other pupils called me at my secondary school. Including this one, they are all a fancy remix of my real name.

There ya go, that's the bed-time story for tonight. =p

I never thought you were a girl though Urtheart. Although I can see why other's would think so. XD Well Urtheart is an old name and it is interesting to hear stories behind old names and all that.

Same.

Eileanach, I love you username btw lol although I can't pronounce it!

The origin my user name was based on the Dragon Ball Series with SSJ meaning Super Saiyan Jin and Tenkaichi from Tenkaichi Budokai meaning "Strongest Under the Heavens Martial Arts Tournament."

Alien-itch.

Myself, Jake isn't even my real name. I just wanted to come up with something that was ordinary and not particularly cool. As a kid, I was a big fan of Jake the kangaroo rat from The Rescuers Down Under, so that's probably where my subconscious got it from at the time.

The origin my user name was based on the Dragon Ball Series with SSJ meaning Super Saiyan Jin and Tenkaichi from Tenkaichi Budokai meaning "Strongest Under the Heavens Martial Arts Tournament."

I use something like that in starcraft. SSJGotenks I still use it but I have shrank it bit over time. *used to have numbers after it*

I kept randomly throwing together different sets of two-word names until I found one that sounded fucking awesome and stuck with it. Virtually every other nickname I've ever had is probably outright facepalm-worthy, but thankfully it's been about 6-8 years since I had one different to my current one.

Interestingly enough, even I don't have a clue why I never include a space in my username. I guess I can't standing hearing it out aloud as two seperate words.

If I feel like being different for a change, I'll usually temporarily change my username to a tl;dr related theme - most commonly a "Captain Rant", which I'm pretty happy with too. You probably don't want to see the avatar I accompany it with though. >=D

Not gonna lie, your name reminds me of the song Grease Lightning from the movie Grease.

You are supreme the chicks'll cream for grease lightning

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!

Edited by Aoi

Not gonna lie, your name reminds me of the song Grease Lightning from the movie Grease.

You are supreme the chicks'll cream for grease lightning

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!

Har dee fuckin' har, I wish. I guess anything with a "lightning" postfix could sound like Blacklightning if you put it the right way. Though now that you mention it, I might consider using that as a gag sometime.

It's my gamertag and myspace screen name plus the

Edited by SHADIC360©

Same.

Actually Jake you are VERY wrong! That is most definitely not how I pronounce it or how my Gaelic speaking friend pronounces it. <_<

LOL Mollfie it is not an issue though I don't mind how people pronounce it for ease though I tell people just to call me "E" as a lot of people never spell it right either. XD You did though so big points of karma to you! <3

Edited by Eileanach

I think I randomly thought of it when I was about 12 or 13 and I obviously must have thought it sounded okay at the time.

Now it's just stuck because I haven't really been bothered to think of anything better. XD

The little engrish bit in the Sonic X episode where he fights Knuckles. Y'know, when he gets on the tree and is like "Ohhh What a great Viewwww!"

I always laughed at that.

The little engrish bit in the Sonic X episode where he fights Knuckles. Y'know, when he gets on the tree and is like "Ohhh What a great Viewwww!"

I always laughed at that.

Oh, I remember that :lol:

My user name, as obvious as it seems, is based off of the pink ball Kirby[stabs]

Originally, I used Kirby so much in Smash Bros. that I decided to name myself "Kirby";

instead when I was typing the name, I accidentally typed it all in capital letters.

I have thought of changing it back to "Kirby",

Yet "KIRBY" seems a lot betterXD

My username "Dark Hero" is based off of a Shadow fan-fic that I shared when I was a member of The Shadow Realm's forum. I was a big fan of Shadow then and when I joined here (on the 'wiped out' SSMB), I was thinking of a name and "Dark Hero" slipped my mind. So there ya have it.

Oh, and there is indeed sad news behind all this, yes.

People back at the old SSMB ALWAYS mistook me for a guy because of my username. Basically, I had my gender set to unknown and then switching to "Male," in which case nowadays, I've no intention of changing it to that anymore. I am indeed female. I guess because I was a pure tomboy back then. I was 11, 12? Either one but yeah.

People here, and more significantly Adam Blazer and Necro Czervik (whom were previous members of the 'wiped out' one) thought I was a guy... so that was the sad news. However, I thus switched my gender sometime after a long 2006-haitus of being an inactive member and right there, Necro knew first so he was in shock. He then told Adam (as we are both a friend of his). Nowadays, they are very much used to the truth of my being a female.

So there ya go. A username history and a little story involving it. =)

Originally it was just the name of my fan character, but I started using it as a username in... oooh, 2003.

I was trying to come up with a more original name for her, since before that I'd just had 'Hedgehog' as the last part, and used my real name as her first name because I was lame like that, lol. Although that was actually a different character entirely, because she'd been changed loads since then, but I also used the old one's name a lot around forums, etc, back in the day. Anyway! While I was trying to think up something new (this was 2002), that song "Lucky" by Britney Spears was playing on the TV, and that randomly reminded me of the name. We used to have a dog who was called Lucky too and it sort of stuck with me.

The Winters part is basically because I like the winter.

I mean, my favourite season is Autumn, but 'Lucky Autumns' doesn't have quite the same ring to it. At the time I came up with the name, I was also quite into Buffy, and her last name being 'Summers' inspired me to use a season as the surname.

Edited by Lucky Winters

Lucky Winters is a gorgeous username. I am also a big fan of autumn but as you said Lucky Autumns doesn't quite sound as lovely.